Bermuda Triangle

I don't believe the revolve has ever been used for Bermuda. I do recall it was used when it was the Lassiter's Lost mine to aid in load and unload. The River Rapids at Dreamworld used to use the same system many years ago!

the ride appears to have a revolving station, well, used to. does it still work? if so, when is it used? saw the wheels for it today and they look extremely rusted so im assuming its no longer used. what was its purpose?

Bermuda did indeed retain the revolving platform for at least part of its life, since I remember using it at one point. Beyond that I dont know exactly when they changed it so boats stop, perhaps Joz can fill us in?

what was its purpose?
It would revolve at the same speed as the flow of the water, and boats would not stop in the loading area. Since everything was going at the same speed it was like stepping into a stopped boat. The main benefit is increased capacity.

It was only several years back when it was stopped. All in the name of lawers and oh&s. Never had an accident so that of course must mean it's about time right! It greatly reduced capacity and the ride now has some really stupid loading procedures. I wonder just how a Disney omnimover ride would be handled by these same people. It's funny that where as in Aus one by one our revolving stations were stopped, the US being sue central still operates many rides this way

The only thing I'll say in favor of stopping the platform is that unlike other rides that have a moving load system the boats on Bermuda aren't supported, and did rock a small amount during loading. Having said that, I'd say that many years without incident would suggest as issues go, the rocking of the boat wasn't really one to be concerned with. I'd say the platform stopped in the last quarter of 2005 when the ride was given all new operational procedures, and I'd estimate that combined with a couple of other changes it went from being able to push through 800pph to about 500pph. Sadly the operation of that ride still is being hacked at, with the ride now being run by a single person rather then 3 like it had been for 15 years, and the Coast Guard uniform has been dropped in favor of the generic park uniform. *Side rant, and pay attention because this one is kind of confusing:* Bermuda Triangle's load area is themed to a Coast Guard base, but rather then the uniform being a Coast Guard costume, staff now wear the same uniform seen on everyone in the park from the shop attendants to Research and Rescue staff. Jet Rescue on the other hand, is themed that you are helping the Research and Rescue staff perform a mission, but for some reason those staff have a different uniform to what real Research and Rescue staff wear. Which poses the question, if you're getting ride of a ride specific uniform for one of the rides, why get rid of Bermuda's where the uniform actually matches the theme of the ride instead of Jet Rescue which really only has a different uniform for the sake of it?

Wow, no offense but it seems like WVTP are getting worse by the day. That ride had some of the best theming around. I really do find it sad that the ride is being run the way you say Joz. And by 1 operator, do you mean 1 operator doing the Loading, Unloading AND Pre-Show? If so that is just screaming for capacity problems.

That's amazing. I last rode the ride in 2007. It was great, all the effects were working, the operators were in character, the fire was still operational, and all that the ride appeared work on was the splashdown pool, which was in a desperate need of a repaint. As with everything these days, you throw one ritual away, and the rest just go flowing down the drain with it. What a shame though, this ride has been packing a punch for many years without change, now it has been changed though, all appears to be continuing on that downward spiral. It all makes you wonder what will be next though. The loss of the preshow on Batman? The effects and animatronics on WWF turned off? Nothing will suprise me at the moment with VRTP's.

Bermuda Triangle's load area is themed to a Coast Guard base, but rather then the uniform being a Coast Guard costume, staff now wear the same uniform seen on everyone in the park from the shop attendants to Research and Rescue staff. Jet Rescue on the other hand, is themed that you are helping the Research and Rescue staff perform a mission, but for some reason those staff have a different uniform to what real Research and Rescue staff wear. Which poses the question, if you're getting ride of a ride specific uniform for one of the rides, why get rid of Bermuda's where the uniform actually matches the theme of the ride instead of Jet Rescue which really only has a different uniform for the sake of it?
they were using 2 people on monday. there was no preshow as the lines were moving too fast. basically walked right onto the boat. when i went during the easter hols, they were using 3 people to work the ride.

I'd have to agree with you T-bone. I visited the parks in 07 and when I went on Berumda it's theming was still great. My last earlier this year led to alot of disappointment. More of the boats speakers don't seem to work (those 4 inch speakers are CHEAP nowadays, no excuss there), ALL of the theming was out of sync, majority of the lighting didn't work, only half the disappearing UFO was working and the parts where the gets fast... was uh slow. And don't get me started on the fire. Anyhow, I'm back from a few months of non stop work. Hope to get involved in the forums again a little bit more.

Hey everyone just thought I would add my comments on this ride. I had some family up from interstate who have never done Seaworld before. I thought I would take them on Bermuda Triangle while we were at Seaworld on Friday (5th June). Now I have been on this ride many times however not in the last 2 months or so. Anyway, firstly only 2 operators so we walked through the breifing room, this was not a big deal for me however was a shame for my guests as they had no idea of the story line. Then there was about a 10 min wait to get on a boat, for some reason the operator was not using every second boat or so?? seemed she was too occupied helping people off the following boat the one before it would drift off... Then the boat we got on didnt have any sound...ok I am used to this but still, not good enough! Then as we started to climb the first ramp there was about 3 inches of water rushed through the boat which totally saturated our shoes, this was a shame as I had told my guests not to worry about that much water...I thought this was strange to have so much water in the boat?? (later in the day I noticed the operator bucketing water out of a boat) To make things worse as we splashed into the first chamber we got totally drenched (explains the water in the bottom of the boat)...I am talking 2-3 times as much water then on WW Falls...I have never experienced this on BT before, does anyone know what would cause this? there were only 4 ppl on the boat. Yeah I too found most of the effects were out of sync, or looking cheap and nasty. Also the projected video image on the section which shows the lava flowing outside..was not turned on. Then towards the finale when you go backwards through the room which colapses and fills with water I noticed that only the right hand side was in use. The left hand side was bone dry, sure this could have been a technical issue but something tells me WVTP was just trying to save a few more bucks and switched off half the pumps. Dont get me started on the crappy neon light in the volcano exit also ....its so cheap. So this was my latest experence on this ride, I sure wont be riding it again for sometime!!!!!

^i was at seaworld on the 1st and there wasnt any water on the left of that room then either. didnt notice much water in the boat at all and i still am yet to see the pre-show even in busier times.

Edited by Gazza
You don't need to quote an entire huge post, just type an ^ , or copy and paste the relevant parts.

For those after a decent quality video to give you the vibe of how it was, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuddL0XBGZM...feature=related This is from the attraction at Movie Park Germany, where the only noticeable differences are 1, the color of the water, 2 the color of the mountain, and 3 the lack of fire. I've just got to say, it is really, and I mean Really sad that the ride has gone down the path that it has. It was (and can be if action is taken) the best themed ride in Australia. It had a solid story, and the awesome effects which would just freak you out every-time. My last 2 rides on the attraction were almost identical to my first rides over ten years prior, which at the time I found astonishing, considering Dreamworld at the time was in that ever so famous downward spiral. Yes, it is a shame to see such a great ride go down the gurgler, all I can say is that i'll be preserving my memories of Bermuda, and won't be visiting the park in the foreseeable future.

Is it my imagination or was the final sequence in the German video not as good as Bermuda? From what I remember of Bermuda Triangle at Sea World there is a lot more noise and effects at the end. Maybe it was just hard to see in the video. At Bermuda I remember a video screen which shows a huge boulder hitting the screen which then cracks and begins the flood. Then all the pillars collapsing and massive flooding. Is there still a large amount of smoke when you enter the top of the volcano before the splashdown or did they remove that too? With enough smoke it could somewhat make up for the lack of fire

With enough smoke it could somewhat make up for the lack of fire
The last time I went on there was no smoke at all on the final lift hill or at the top of the volcano. The red rope lights at the top of the hill are just pathetic and look really dodgy. Sad to see the lack of TLC. Edited by cadboy

And I might just add zero interest in doing anything about it. Time was taken to research, design and think through changes to the rides effects to bring it back up to speed and make up for the lack of fire but the ideas fell on deaf ears and no one seems to care about it. Really is very upsetting and I've given up thinking about it.

What about Movie World? Is that why they are retaining the effects and even adding some new ones?
Personally, I don't think so. Wild West falls was a disaster too in my last visit. I was there for a week and a half and visited movieworld about 4 days, every day all the projectors on the ride said replace lamp... I mean surely they would have spares in a store room somewhere? And I remember being told mechanics walk the rides every afternoon on closing for minor repairs and to pick up lost items. Seems the warner parks have lost their touch, look at Jet Rescue theming... and Surfrider. Their last major themed ride seemed to be Scooby Doo. I just know someone is gunna get up me for not saying Superman.