Bermuda Triangle

Wild West falls was a disaster too in my last visit. I was there for a week and a half and visited movieworld about 4 days, every day all the projectors on the ride said replace lamp.
Well that is pretty poor, four days and no bulb change. Hopefully after it comes out of its 6 day maintenance period on the 26th of June it will be improved.

No it was longer than 4. I went there on day one of the trip and the day we left I went in the morning and all of them said replace bulb still. Like I said I visited the park 4 days but not 4 days in a row.
Longer than four, well that just makes it worse. It is sad to see one of Australia's best themed attractions going down the gurgler but that seems to be the trend as of late.

I remember a few years back Bermuda Triangle's screen where the Volcano "cracks the shield" broke and said replace lamp. I told the operator and I went on it later in the afternoon and the words were covered in cardboard. The screen still worked, but was very dim. The next day the lamp was replaced which was good to see... I'm sure that people remember Dreamworld's darker period? Maybe this is the start of WVTP's Darker Period, whilst the competition only seems to be improving.

• 4 weeks later...

This is getting rediculous... How long has that half of the dump scene been out of action for now? Really poor Seaworld. For me it's realy sad to see what was once my favourite park in the world get to the state it is in now...

thats what i found interesting as well, there is no advertising unless you notice them off to the side opposite the donut store
I got the advertising for it about 2 days ago in a myfun email
This is getting rediculous... How long has that half of the dump scene been out of action for now? Really poor Seaworld. For me it's realy sad to see what was once my favourite park in the world get to the state it is in now...
damn! i thought they would ahve that fixed by now. thats bad its been at least a month

• 4 weeks later...
Some news on this ride There are talks of gutting the whole inside and making it into a penguin enclosure for king penguins and it would have snow inside and other sites... not too sure if its happening though
they could make it a rideable attraction like the SnowCat ride in Kelly Tarltons Antartic Adventure in NZ. http://kellytarltons.co.nz/aquarium-attrac...Wonderland.aspx

^ They could, but they shouldn't. IMHO animal exhibits and rides are two different things, and the two should never intermingle. The resulting attraction tends to treat animals as a passing curiosity rather then something to be respected (see Aquatica's Dolphin Plungeor Busch Gardens Africa'sRhino Rally) or don't give you adequate time to watch and enjoy the animals (see DAK's Kilamanjaro Safaris) As for gutting Bermuda, well, they're beyond crazy if they get rid of one of the best rides in the park to put in an animal enclosure which is, at best, a filler. It would make more sense to gut the 4D cinema and put penguins in there, they could even put them in the old Dugong building at the front of the park. But gutting Bermuda for Penguins? That is a really, really, stupid idea. They could spend a fraction of the cost of gutting the ride to fix it up properly and leave it be for many more years. Hell I venture that spending a million doing up Bermuda and adding a "new scene" to the ride would result in a bigger attendance boost than what would be achieved from spending $15million to gut the ride and put Penguins in. Gazza summed up my thoughts quite well, the park will not see significant attendance growth with any animal exhibit, aside from Orcas. The last major animal attraction, Shark Bay, saw about a 4% increase in attendance, which is nothing to write home about* for $13million. Really, What SW needs is a couple of new rides, and with the park's family focus, they need to be thrilling rides that are accessable to as many people as possible (so that means no intense Intamin or B&M 140cm special). Animal lovers will flock to the park anyway, (as good as DW did with AWE and Tiger Island, rides are its bread and butter) and I think SW's next few animal exhibits should be on the scale of Penguin Point and Ray Reef: IE pacifiers rather then motivators. The park should still add new animal exhibits, but as pacifiers; the things that you didn't even know the park had until you rounded a corner and saw the display. The next couple of motivators need to be those big noisy metal (or wood ;) ) things called rides. As always I am right but no one cares :)* Shark Bay when built did see a big increase in per cap spending with the introduction of the Shark Snorkel, so was by no means a bad investment, but my point remains

Edited by joz

New executive, I'd been told JSM was no longer CEO, but I didn't know anyone announced it. I feel so sorry for him, everything he must be watching disappearing in front of him that he built up. But that's thing with new CEO's they think they know better and want to mark there mark on the company, obviously this one isn't making the greatest. I mean look at Woolworths, new CEO, new logo and new look store and marketing. CEO has to be different and while I'm not saying its bad, why do they have to be so full of themeselves to change everything, thinking they know better. If something's broken, its making a ton of money and has great customer satisfaction, why change it??? Last I heard the dugong building was being looked at for something like the King Penguin, which smart guy decided gutting the star attraction was the best option rather then the empty building???

And isn't that crappy aquarium 'attraction' next to the Dugong one? More space, I say that could easily go too. But gutting Bermuda Triangle? Wow, with that and Pirate Ship gone, that's 2 less rides everyone can enjoy... and the park doesn't have that many to begin with for those who aren't little kids. While it's not a rides park, you shouldn't do this type of thing.

IMO, SW should do their best to monitor the Penguin Exhibit (See http://www.melbourneaquarium.com.au/getdoc...4/whatsNew.aspx ) that opened at the Melbourne Aquarium, since it is also pretty much just penguins in a cold indoor environment...If it turns out to be a sucess, then by all means build one, if not, then ignore it. IMO doing it as a snowmobile ride is silly, what Joz said rings true. I'd rather just stand up against a railing and watch them, then have to lean across the person next to me, trying to get a glimpse from a moving vehicle. Plus animal exhibits are inherently a high capacity attraction, and doing this turns it into a low capacity attraction. I say give the animal exhibits a rest for a little while, get some new rides in, and when it comes time to do another exhibit, perhaps combine the penguins with seals, and do a shark bay type thing, though focusing more on 'cold climate sea life'....Obvious economies there since they can all share the same cooling systems etc.

Edited by Gazza