Bermuda Triangle

I really used to enjoy the Bermuda Triangle ride, i know someone who was an attendant/ actor type person. Its a classic, i hope to go on it again soon as i havent been on it in 10 years or so. I used to be a little creeped out by it.

Edited by spencer

Well Mickey, since you didn't take your obvious pill today - the rants about BT lately have been consistent - poor theming, theming not working, lacklustre experience that was nothing compared to the BT of even just a few years ago. The comment was that Spencer hadn't been on it in 10 years, and considered it a classic that they really enjoyed, and hoped to get on it again soon. I simply said prepare to be shocked, because in its current condition, it isn't a classic, it won't be something you will really enjoy, and you won't look forward to getting on it again after you have ridden it in it's rpesent state. Clear enough?

• 2 weeks later...
"Bermuda Triangle will be closed for maintenance until approximately mid August - please contact Guest Serivces for further information. "
Bermuda Triangle will be closed for maintenance until 6 September inclusive for scheduled maintenance. also just to note: Planet SOS in 4-D is now closed to make way for an exciting new attraction Ocean Rescue.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Sea World with some friends today and it was a shock to see how much further the ride has slid, aside from the previous comments about the removal of fire at the end, it was a shame to see that they dont bother with the pre-show anymore (on that note they have replaced the tv with a projector), which leads to the fact that most of the speakers in the boats dont work anymore, which is a shame because they really did add to the theming. Also the screen that the rock cracks wasnt working, neither was the one in the room with the falling pillars (showing a glaringly obvious "No Signal") I had forgotten how good jet rescue was, and was pleased to be able to ride it a couple of times in a row as well. The new ocean rescue show is no where near as interesting as the planet sos 4d (which wasnt that interesting to begin with), and i overheard a few people complaining how it wasn't 4d as it said on the maps. The new show has no drawing power, and quite a few people walked out halfway through.

That's really bad given the ride just came out of refurb so it's clear nothing is being done to it AV wise. The new show is definitely not 4D so I don't know why it would be on the maps. The maintenance people at MW certainly read these forums and care what people have to say. Many things have been fixed up largely due to public comments. It would seem that the people at Seaworld just don't care (they are no longer the same people) which is really bad.

• 4 months later...

i know this is an old post but i just wanted to comment on a ride gone wrong:) the speakers only work on some boats lately but still no pre-show so it makes no sense to first timers. the lights in the main room with the rockets were on so you could see wires and stuff everywhere!!! with the room where you go backwards the smoke is not working so it creates the same vibe as in the main room..... i mean it's not hard to get a fog machine with juice.... at halloween places did bundles for $50! their just not trying. not worth riding BRING BACK THE LOST MINE!!!!!!!

Rappa, have you moved up in the world? Are you still just at AOS, or do you have a more "diverse" role with VRTP now? (or is it just a side gig as a sort of "in house" consultant?). it seems to take time but it seems a lot of the SFX that used to lay derelict forever seems to fix up fairly rapidly when you get involved...

I have no responsibility for BT Alex, but as it's a bit of a passion for me that ride I may try to make some moves to go and get it fixed/fix it up myself. Would have to see what I can achieve. Should we have some success I'll be sure to let people know. Having said that I'm, already busier than full time in my actual job, so we'll just have to see what can be done.

Well im going up there in april and in october, but we are only "tackleing" each park once , but as for bt i have never ridden it and only now 1 person personally who has, and i would love to ride the ride with ALL effects in working order, well actully ALL VRTP rides with effects working; becausse i rever really ride much of the rides at the WVTP parks exept for in the kids sections though, and the last time i was there was in 06- i had only just started yr 7.