Bermuda Triangle

Bermuda Triangle Closure - Thrillz has been in constant contact with Sea World with the future of the Bermuda Triangle ride in doubt. After speaking with Sea World PR the ride will be closed for good as of last Thursday to make way for a new attraction which is due to be open by Christmas 2011.
from Thrillz.com.au Facebook Also this comment on my blog from "Elmo"
Bermuda now has boards covering the view from the park. It will not be reopening ever. look for the volcano to be removed also.
Come to think of it, the Looney Tunes River Ride is down indefinitely too. Perhaps WVTP have something against dark rides.
If I see "Looney Tunes River Ride is presently closed while we continue to develop new and exciting attractions at Movie World" I think I will cry.... anyway

Looks to be yet another Australian theme park related site. They seem to be coming from everywhere all of a sudden! As for Bermuda whilst it is sad to see it go the signs were there. Age, broken effects, removal of pre-show. When questioned about the pre-show they replied back saying the removal of the pre-show setup was to improve guest experience, I remember something similiar happening with a themed area of a park... As mentioned it will be interesting to see how long it is until Looney Tunes suffers the same fate. Looks to be only a matter of time at the moment.

I'm actually really fecking confused, since it's ripped straight off parkz content: post-88-1291036195_thumb.jpg The site design is reportedly by "Transposed Media", which is a fitting name. Anyway, Jaeger Lindsell (Jaggy for you R-C/TT veterans) owns the domain, so he can shove his cunny against the glass and take a photo for all I care.

My understanding is that he does not have any content of his own yet and Parkz content is a placeholder.. That said "Thillz" with ride profiles ect is using alot of Parkz's ideas, overuse of replacing s with z make me cringe! Forumz and Ridez hehe.. Their are a lot of Theme Park sites lately, I myself will be launching a site soon focusing solely on the Gold Coast Parks, my wordpress hosted blog is limiting what I can do presently.. Back on topic, What do you guys want to see on the land formerly taken up by Bermuda?

I can't help it, I must comment on Thrillz: It's funny really, there are so many different types of theme park sites, but every Australian site that comes around just rips off what we do, this one probably more than the others. I mean we don't do much in the way of videos, so why not make that the core of your site? We don't focus on traveling rides much, so why not make a site more on that? You could do a site which has in depth reviews of rides. Why then must every Australian theme park site be a fact heavy database with photos? We've seriously got that one covered hey... Richard may have more to say, but in the meantime, just a friendly reminder before we have any issues:

Users may not create threads or posts for the purposes of advertising other websites. This is regardless of whether or not the website belongs to the user, or whether it could be considered a competing site. This is different to linking to sites for the purposes of promoting stimulating discussions on Parkz. This includes the posting of photographs images which contain excessive graphical references to other websites, as deemed by a staff member.
Thank you all, have a nice day :)

Do you guys think they will keep the same ride system? If so can they still remove the volcano and all the other scenery? Because if it really is a "new attraction" then hopefully they wont do another sea viper and put new cars on and change the colour of the volcano.. I'm hoping a completely new dark ride system! Then again they might just tear the whole thing down and chuck in an up charge -_-

...so why not make that the core of your site? ...so why not make a site more on that? ...You could do a site which has in depth reviews of rides.
Hey i've got one - what about parks and rides that are now defunct?... Oh wait... :lol: Just kidding Paul. Defunction was actually a good idea, and it was a shame it didn't make it.
Another dark ride. Would be spewing if we went from having 2 on the coast to 0 if Looney Tunes never reopens.
Call me crazy, but while I realise it is a coaster, isn't scooby technically a dark ride too? Bermuda and LTRR are technically dark rides, but also flumes....?

Neither had Bermuda, until they went all cheapo on it, its like they actually wanted it to fall apart, use it as an excuse and say "Oh look, we can't fix it anymore, we'll put a new one in" I mean up the road if they did same things to Looney Tunes as they did with BT we would all be saying that it was so bad that it needs to go.... but they maintained that one and not BT so all I can think is that it was an excuse and a poor one at that!

Call me crazy, but while I realise it is a coaster, isn't scooby technically a dark ride too? Bermuda and LTRR are technically dark rides, but also flumes....?
Well I guess, but I meant along the lines of Pirates or Haunted Mansion rather than Space Mountain, to use a Disney analogy. And this may not be new, but Bermuda is no longer listed under rides on the Sea World website. However the maintenance page says -
Bermuda Triangle is temporarily closed
Edited by westical

I think it's safe to say it is going to be hard to watch Bermuda go, I mean, what if they spend heaps of money on a new attraction that may be even worse than Bermuda in it's late days? I really hope they're re-vamping Bermuda, or using the same concept. I've always been captivated by the volcanoes and the whole theming, I'd rather see them pay big bucks to get it back to old standards (or close) than to see something new.

Very much doubt it Jake. I'll copy and paste what I posted on Sea World's facebook wall... I'm curious to see what they say as I'm sure I raised some very much valid points... "Hey Sea World, I don't quite understand why you have decided to close the Bermuda Triangle ride down. The ride is not even as old as Dreamworld's log ride, and they thought it was viable to pretty much rebuild the ride from scratch (New lifts and drops) because the ride was that popular. Surely it would be economically... viable to consider doing the same for the mechanical components of the ride (Lifts, conveyors in the flood dump scene and just after the first drop) Hell... I know they are your competition, but maybe you should consider taking a leaf out of Dreamworld's success with Tower of Terror 2. Relaunching the ride with some new effects and I'm sure you would have a massive winner on your hands! I mean, Tower of Terror 2 has constant waits of 40 - 50 minutes OFF peak since it was relaunched, it was very rare for it to get a wait over 20 - 30 minutes off peak. So it's obviously a successful idea, and I'm sure there would be many people that would love to see this world class attraction get an overhaul. It had many childhood memories for me, and seeing it in recent years has left me feeling rather disgusted with the state of the ride. I would certainly buy a ticket to come back if something was done to improve it."

To be honest, I doubt that they would do another re-theme of the attraction now. Considering the ride would be around 20 years old now if we included Lassiters. One good thing about Bermuda was the theme of the attraction, it didn't need any corporate tie in's or anything cheesy to make it a great ride. Not to mention Sea World probably is only seeing a huge block of land and will most likely put another animal attraction in it's place. And as far as lines Gazza, Tower of Terror might have had 100 or so in the line off peak, it's now triple that... I don't really think 1 seat per cycle would add an extra 200 people to the queue. Not to mention the ride dispatches more frequently than the original ride from what i've seen.