LUNA PARK MELBOURNE HISTORICAL PHOTOGRAPHS

I think this picture is the pick of the bunch, http://www.flickr.com/photos/luna_park_mel...954813/sizes/o/ For a long time I have been wanting to see what the layout of the big dipper was like, and it looked pretty cool, a crying shame it was demolished. The park back then seems a lot nicer than it is today...Everything slots together so nicely and looks like it was built to be permanent...you can imagine the visuals, as you walked through the mouth you would have seen the river caves mountain as something in the distance....Oh, and that slide looks really cool too, I wonder what is happening with Lindsay Fox's mission to restore the park to how it was...he bought it, but nothing has happened for several years. Out of interest, are these your photos? Thanks for posting.

Edited by Gazza

I wonder what is happening with Lindsay Fox's mission to restore the park to how it was...he bought it, but nothing has happened for several years.
It would seem that Lindsay Fox wasn't interested in restoring the park to its former glory for nostalgias sake after all. He claimed to have a love of the park with lots of fond memories but it turns out he was only seeing dollar signs in his eyes as usual. His company was one of the bidders for the prime real estate adjacent to the park and they obviously thought they had a better chance of nabbing the site if they could convince everyone they would upgrade Luna Park. Isn't it funny that as soon as another company scored the land we never heard another thing from Lindsay Fox regarding the Luna Park upgrade. Very poor form