Sea World ski stars sunk by pirates

I went down to Seaworld yesterday and was looking at the lake. The ski boats seem to hold the same speed coming down that back section of the lake compared to coming around the centre island. To me this begs the question of whether they could split the lake in two and maybe run two shows using the top section of the lake and old pirate ship site for this new pirate show and run a (slightly) modified ski show still in the front of the lake. I saw the endeavour had been moved to the top section and hardly took up any room. And judging by the space left from the old pirate ship, there seems to be enough room for a grandstand to go in. I'm thinking that Seaworld could have blown people away with two shows etc, but this is just my opinion. Will be a real shame to see the show go, no matter how 'tacky' people think it is.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know when the pirate show is supposed to begin construction/showing? I was at Seaworld on Saturday and I walked in and there was nothing in the lake. The ramp has been moved to up near the endeavour near the old pirate ship, the paddle boats are going and thats about it. If construction doesn't start soon (ie. within a couple of weeks) I'm going to have to say that the planning for the new show is completely ridiculous. So far, I'm going to say its a complete waste of a perfectly good ski lake...

If construction doesn't start soon (ie. within a couple of weeks) I'm going to have to say that the planning for the new show is completely ridiculous. So far, I'm going to say its a complete waste of a perfectly good ski lake...
Crazy thought I had...Could scrapping the ski show be part of a longer term vision to reclaim or build over the upper reaches of the lake?

• 1 month later...
It pays to check the website ;)http://seaworld.myfun.com.au/Attractions/S...s-Unleashed.htm Just in time for the school holidays too!
I checked web site at 12 when I was on lunch. I wonder why they waited to the last min to show anything?
yea i checked it when i was reading this earlier and it still said coming soon

i was at seaworld a couple of saturdays ago and they.ve moved the endeavour over to where the ski boats used to be stored with some trampolines put in along the front. They've painted the buildings on the island and thats about it. An interesting note though is that the ski ramp is up the back near the old pirate ship site just sitting there, so that may be used in the new show (even though i highly doubt it). Still unhappy about this show and even if it's good, it will be bittersweet for me.

Bring back the Ski Stars, let them create a new show while the lake is "closed" and open it up for christmas - let them come up with stuff other than just skiing, get the stunt guys in from the old PASS to come and work with them, and create something that involves the ship - does anyone remember the swashbuckling show done lakeside at wonderland? THAT is a worthwhile show (although some additional guys running around on jetskis and ski-boats would modernise it) We've all seen the news stories about modern pirates hijacking cruise ships etc... why not modernise it?

Bring back the Ski Stars, let them create a new show while the lake is "closed" and open it up for christmas - let them come up with stuff other than just skiing, get the stunt guys in from the old PASS to come and work with them, and create something that involves the ship - does anyone remember the swashbuckling show done lakeside at wonderland? THAT is a worthwhile show (although some additional guys running around on jetskis and ski-boats would modernise it) We've all seen the news stories about modern pirates hijacking cruise ships etc... why not modernise it?
AGREED! ive been to the Gold Coast nearly every year, and the one place i always go to is Seaworld. One of mine and the familys favourite parts of the day was always the Ski show. Over the last 19 years ive seen the many variants that they have had of it, with it constantly changing. But to hear of it being scrapped completely made me rather sad, that they were moving away from their roots, from what had got them to where they are today. I never really liked the idea of the new show anyway. the ski show always had great stunts and was always exciting to watch (not saying the new show wasnt going to be any good just didnt sound as interesting). Bring back the Ski Show i say.

I've been against the new show from the start. I'm all for changes, but to completely scrap the old show for a completely different show is a bit extreme. I'm all for closing down the lake for the old staff to come back and make a completely new show. Have they actually started doing the show? Or has it been flushed already?