1030 Openings

rappa

So how long have rides not been opening until 1030? First time I've seen this today, great step in the six flags direction! Kind of stops people from being able to have one ride and then see the first hwsd show...
ages man. although in saying that when i went, at 10.05 the ride ops were calling us over and letting us on - i think it goes by the amount of ppl waiting Edited by reanimated35

ages man. although in saying that when i went, at 10.05 the ride ops were calling us over and letting us on - i think it goes by the amount of ppl waiting
That's a bad way to play it. For rides at the back of the park sure but your signature ride just inside the gate should be up for opening. Problem is if like today something goes wrong in opening checks at 10 the opening can get pushed back to after 11. You then have people who have been waiting over an hour to start there day and that just makes for angry patrons.

It was early Feb (as in the 3rd of Feb or something). It was the first week after holidays had finished. I was there on the first day it changed, there was some degree of confusion, lots of people complaining about how the parks closed, yet the shops are open). The opening "rope drop" to scooby was a lot worse than I have seen (it was a real rush). But funnily enough, Shrek opened as normal at 10:00am (I bet that was just a communication malfunction though) but can anyone confirm if Shrek is still opening at 10:00am, or has it's scheduled been amended to a 10:30 start?

Well, I have seen the "rope drop rush" at Movie World a couple of times now, and i feel concern for the girls who take the rope down and run like hell (i think they're based on WWF or something because they are running in that direction (and not going off stage). I think the best way was how they did it at wonderland. - Tony, one of the bigger security guards - would get everyone's attention and tell them that noone was to walk past him, then, he dropped the rope, and walked all the way to Beast's gate at a leisurely pace, and lord help anyone who walked faster than he did.