Motorcoaster, WipeOut & Cyclone problems

well today it was really quiet at dreamworld. i think i was the only person for the whole day who used a q4u. saved plenty of time though. anyway, i just thought it was funny that at one stage today we were in main square and noticed a couple of the motorcoaster runs go through empty so i just assume another breakdown with it. then this afternoon just as we were queuing for it, the wipeout got stuck mid-cycle (not upside down). that took about 10mins to fix. instead of waiting we were going to go straight to the cyclone but instead joined the very short avpx queue. turned around and noticed the cyclone stuck halfway up the chain with ride ops/mechanics walking up the stairs talking to the riders. it started up again pretty quickly too. oh and just on the avp, the guy running it today was the one thats all serious about it (had Pvt Ryan as a name but i dont know if his name actually is ryan or not) but yea, some girl was making smart-ass comments so he goes.. "ok, there is a blue team who shoot the yellow, a yellow team who shoot the blue......and this girl over here is on the magenta team, so everyone can shoot her." Image022.jpgImage024.jpg sorry for the dodgy camera phone pics, but thats them in their stuck positions

Edited by reanimated35

well today it was really quiet at dreamworld. i think i was the only person for the whole day who used a q4u. saved plenty of time though. anyway, i just thought it was funny that at one stage today we were in main square and noticed a couple of the motorcoaster runs go through empty so i just assume another breakdown with it. then this afternoon just as we were queuing for it, the wipeout got stuck mid-cycle (not upside down). that took about 10mins to fix. instead of waiting we were going to go straight to the cyclone but instead joined the very short avpx queue. turned around and noticed the cyclone stuck halfway up the chain with ride ops/mechanics walking up the stairs talking to the riders. it started up again pretty quickly too.
One of two groups with Q4U actually, today was pretty quiet though, so im not surprised. Not sure about wipeout today, but I know cyclone was an operator stop. No matter how many times people are told about bringing cameras and phones onto rides, they just dont seem to get it.

also, to save making a new thread, the cyclone was being manually parked on friday. no more of the stupid let one car in, stop, one car, stop.... it was halfway into the station before it stopped, then now im not sure if the guy was just being an idiot or what, but the op had a remote control that looked like a normal tv remote and he pointed it to the front of the first car and made it move forward again, then stopped it in the right place. then he used the remote to close the front gates. as i said, im not sure if he was really controlling it or not, but he had to move the remote around a bit before anything would happen and if he wasnt doing it, he had perfect timing.

I remember them stopping the cyclone on the lifthill because the seatbelt mechanisim or something wasnt working on the back carrige. Haha I always see the wipeout stopping, then they run it through empty a couple of times etc, Its like a routine haha