Sign in to follow this  
Belinda Busdriver

"...some guests may be unable to ride."

10 posts in this topic

Mainly for SD and Wild West Falls, what would be a "certain size" preventing guests from riding. I'm female, 180cm, size 20-22. For reference I can fit easily into an airplane seat without an extender! At Disneyland last year I had no problems with any ride but my understanding is that they are more generous for larger sizes. I was also on the Wild Mouse at Luna Park without issue, and Python at Easter Show again quite easily. .

To be fair Disneyland only recently had to change ride carriages on Small World, Twilight Zone, Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan's Flight so that people with size problems could still ride. That disclaimer is aimed at heavily weighted people, not height restrictions (Though of course if you were too tall it would be problematic)-180cm is not.

just a note - when you get to the scooby doo ride, make sure you sit in the back row of the car - the lapbars in the back row do not have to come down as far

just a note - when you get to the scooby doo ride, make sure you sit in the back row of the car - the lapbars in the back row do not have to come down as far
Wouldn't they have to be all the same for safety reasons.

when i worked at mw, if a larger guest came up we were always told if they didnt fit in the front, to try them in the back as there was more room - and on a personal note - i always found the front a bit tight on my waist, at the back - no worries at all

As a size 20 it would be close for scooby, but not un-rideable. I have ridden scooby with females between size 16-20, and there was no discomfort. I guess it depends where it all sits too - if you are disproportionately large around the hips and waist, it will be a problem because the lapbar must lock to a certain point. The back is certainly the way to go for the lapbar, but not for the legroom - I find there is better legroom in the front, and you can always twist slightly to the side to give your legs more room. (and i'm 6 foot even)