WVTP New Food Policy

Can I bring my own lunch? From Wednesday 1 July 2009, guests visiting Warner Bros. Movie World will no longer be permitted to bring in food & beverage items including eskies and coolers. Guests with special dietary requirements as detailed below are exempt from this new policy: • Guests with allergies • Infants and babies • Pre booked education groups Patrons will still be allowed to bring in fruit and bottled water. Although a new policy for our parks, this is an industry standard practice employed by most theme parks as well as sporting and entertainment stadiums worldwide. As part of the implementation of this new policy, our food and beverage division are working to provide a greater variety of high quality lunch options. We’re also working to provide a broader price range of foods, so purchasing lunch won't be a cost prohibitive exercise.

Hmmm... An interesting move, pretty typical of current management...though if you don't carry an esky in, I would think it would be pretty easy to get a sandwich or two in without anyone noticing. It would be good to see some new food and beverage options (though I'm not holding my breath and would guess that comment to be nothing but public relations guff). If this policy carries over to seaworld and more critically wet'n'wild I'll be disappointed. At wetnwild especially, bring a BBQ lunch or even dinner as part of a full day out in summer is great (especially considering the installed bbq's!) Jay

I don't think we will ever see that policy implemented at Wet 'n' Wild for obvious reasons. Such as the BBQ's being installed, and it's a different sort of park to your traditional theme park. But also remember on Dreamworld's term's and conditions of entry, that "Food, beverages and eskies are not permitted into Dreamworld. No alcohol or animals to be brought in the park." Yet how many times do you see people bringing them in?

Reanimated, in future it would be better if you provided a link to the original text: http://movieworld.myfun.com.au/Park-Info/V...Information.htm Curiously, the website no longer has the line about more variety :rolleyes: Edit: the line is still there on the FAQ page: http://movieworld.myfun.com.au/Park-Info/FAQ.htm There is hope yet.

Edited by Gazza

^ The obvious soloution to the WnW issue is simply to remove the BBQs. Hey, they could even set up one of those $7 sausage sizzle stands! A quick look reveals that this policy is moving to Sea World as well. Good to see that customer satisfaction is on the back burner, I mean now all these cheap bastards will buy the drinkless $10 burger meal, or the $15 microwave nachos, or the $16 small chips with two peices of fish. Food and Beverage at the parks has really gone down hill in the past year, and no amount of funnel cakes will substitute. I also simply adore the line "Its industry standard" which to me basicly reads as "Thats what they do in America". Are the head honchos aware that they aren't in America?

Are the head honchos aware that they aren't in America?
Bingo, It's funny how bovine consumers can be in the US, that they accept paying $15 for parking, $5 for online ticket printing etc. Coincidentally, on some of the US theme park sites, if somebody takes issue with these charges they are often shot down, saying "well they charge this at ball games, other theme parks etc, deal with it"...Which basically means the people levying these charges are getting exactly what they want. This all sucks, the thing I liked about our parks is that they had their own flavour, and as enthusiasts here we didn't have to put up with half the crap those from overseas do. On another note, how many 'diabetics' and 'celiacs' etc will we have through the gates now? Edited by Gazza

.... On another note, how many 'diabetics' and 'celiacs' etc will we have through the gates now?
That was my thought too! I wonder if you could be allergic to getting ripped off...I definitely have an adverse reaction to it. Celiac is a good one....I'll bet there is next to nothing sold that is gluten free! The situation wouldn't be so bad if there was at least some decent meal options available...even if they were over priced...but at the moment I consider the majority of options overpriced and rubbish. This is a dissappointing thing to see...and I wonder if it is in part a reaction to the q150 passes...surely over the last 4 months the attendance has been greatly increased...but the vast majority of those attendees would be most likely to save cash and bring some food/drink along creating a disproportionate ratio to what they might be used it. Jay

What a ****-tacular policy. The only reason I really bring in my own food (sandwiches BTW) is because it's cheaper (when compared to paying for it), it's healthier, and a cheese sandwhich tastes much better than the crap they serve at the park (also without the dis-satisfaction of paying way too much for something that cost them 5 dollars (if that) to produce. It was also this same policy in 2001 that left a sour taste in our mouths after our first visit to the park. Seriously, what a crap-tacular policy. There goes what was a planned trip to the park in October (atleast 90 dollars in admissions plus possible merchandise).

Though, in the scheme of things, remember that Dreamworld has it too, so there goes your planned visit to DW too, it's only fair :Phttp://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/drw_2...EntryConditions

No food, drink or animals may be brought onto the premises.
TBH, I don't think it will change anything, They don't really enforce it at DW and I don't think they will very much at MW or SW. Staff at the front gate are too hurried, and we all know the security checks for your bags consist of a quick look inside, with no digging. PS, anybody else think it is funny they list food, and animals on the same line, obviously they mean pets....But you could read it as them covering their bases...no cows, pigs, chicken, crabs etc for food. Edited by Gazza

I think DW's not so old policy of no comercially pre-packaged food, reffering to things like subway or maccas from across the road was fair, and it's something that used to be enforced to a certain degree. Nobody really seems to have a problem with people bringing in a few sandwiches or some fruit etc, and I highly doubt, that even now you would be pulled up on it. Even the people who are the most likely to bring their own food into the park (annual passholders, larger families etc) will still quite often buy the optional extras like an ice-cream or a churro or some fairy floss, so there is still money coming in.

I'm with Lolt_90. I was always under the understanding that dreamworlds food policy is no commercially made food (subway, macca's etc). I also remember reading that somewhere (possibly at the entry whilst I was waiting to get in). But just on that, I have never had my bags inspected upon entering Dreamworld, unlike at WBMW ehere the bag has been searched in full (all pockets, asked to remove items etc) and as briefly said before, refused entry for having sandwiches in a backpack (this was 2001). However recently during a bag inspection was allowed to bring a sandwich or 2 into the park. This begs the question though, I wonder when they will start charging for parking at their properties considering it's a "International industry standard" practice.

I'm with Lolt_90. I was always under the understanding that dreamworlds food policy is no commercially made food (subway, macca's etc)
But it says clearly on the website, No food, drink or animals may be brought onto the premises. There is no mention of it only applying to 'commercial food.' On the other hand, WWW does make the distinction: http://www.whitewaterworld.com.au/content/...sp?name=WWW_FAQ
Can we bring our own food & drinks in the park? Guests are welcome to bring picnics and home packed lunches into WhiteWater World however, commercially prepared food is not permitted. Alcohol can not be brought into the park. For safety reasons, glassware is strictly prohibited.
So, it seems across all parks by both operators. -No food can be brought into dry parks. -You can bring your own food to water parks, so long as it is non commercial.

I have to say since the 'Revenue Department' was created I've seen nothing but falling standards from everything it controls. I get more and more angry by something I see initiated by one of these managers pretty much every time I step foot in one of the properties. This happened at disneyland years ago, retail took over the park and everything else was given a back seat. Over time the park suffered and attendance fell. Then the booted the president and brought in Matt and he changed all that and put things back how they should be. Now look at the place, they are turning guests away again! I just find it so comical to watch other park operators think they know better then Disney. Guess we'll just sit back and wait for the next flame article in the bulliten hey!

My wife is already sewing a false bottom into our backpack!!! It's so unfair to be ripped off AGAIN after paying huge amounts of money just to get in. I have 4 people to feed when I go there so that's another $50 for some poorly prepared food that tastes pretty crap. Not everybody eats burgers and chips so they should open a sandwich shop to add a bit of variety. Anyway, the security will have to dig deep into my backpack to find our food. I suppose they will try and kick us out when they see us eating it. What else will they start charging us for? Maybe they will put a price on the glasses for Shrek, or charging us a water surcharge for the Wild West Ride or even paying for each powerslide from HSD (the more money we throw out, the more they will do to help pay for their tyres).

No food or drink? What happens to people bringing the sports sippers into the park for re-use? Guess they would have to be empty now. So long as pass outs are still offered this really won't affect me. Will say though once the Q150 is up it will be a while before I return to Movie World or any WVTP for that matter.

The only time anyone has ever actually checked my bag at any theme park was Disneyland - and they were looking for guns and bombs... I hardly think if Movie World even gets bag checks that they would make you throw out your food, unless your bringing some ridiculously large amount
Not sure if I've said this before, but everytime I've been to the park, I (as well as many others) have been pulled up for a bag check. In 2001 I think it was, we were told to leave the sandwiches in the car (wasn't an option) or to throw them away before we were allowed past the security check. Every other time (say since 07) bringing in home made sandwiches hasn't been a problem. It would be a real shame if the parks heavily enforced this rule. Just on the sandwiches at the bakery as mentioned above, are these made "fresh" to order, or are they just the pre-packaged refrigerated sandwiches that many places sell? Anyone know the going price for say a cheese & lettuce sandwich? Would probably far out-weigh the cost of making sandwiches for four people before you arrive.

Not everybody eats burgers and chips so they should open a sandwich shop to add a bit of variety.
Arthurs Bakery? Stars Cafe?
OK. I'll give you those two but it's still a rip off.
Then there's Rick's, Mobiles, Nachos from the Dirty Harry Bar... You can also get Chicken Wraps or tenders if you don't want a burger and chips... And the Bakery sells wraps, yoghurt, sandwiches, pies, sausage rolls etc. In all fairness, there is quite a variety of food options available (especially in the bakery). Just because you walk into a burger bar and don't see a salad wrap doesn't mean that you can't get one anywhere in the park. What types of food do you think should be added???
Just on the sandwiches at the bakery as mentioned above, are these made "fresh" to order, or are they just the pre-packaged refrigerated sandwiches that many places sell?
To the absolute best of my knowledge (which has been wrong once or twice) all the food (sandwiches, wraps etc) made fresh, have been made that day. So a certain number will be made each morning and then another order will be made based on how many people arrive in the park. They're not the pre-packaged sandwiches you'd find in a servo.

Guys the point I was trying to make was that it's so obvious that MW are just making another grab for money. The park hours have reduced and the effects on the rides have also been cut back ( something that you guys seem to complain about every day) and now they are expecting us to dig even deeper for cash. Everybody knows that going to these types of parks is expensive and you expect to pay premium prices for everything, but banning food? I wish I hadn't mentioned what else they should put on the menu because it seems to have upset everybody.

You know every time I have been to the Bakery in the middle of the day in the last couple months they have had none of the nice sanwiches they make. I've been after a continental baguette for months now and there are NEVER any there...