WVTP New Food Policy

• 1 month later...

I was just reading the fine print on the VIP ticket issued by MyFun.com.au. I've bolded the interesting bit:

Conditions of purchase and entry. The owners and operators of these premises are not liable for and you irrevocably release us from any liability for death, personal injury, property loss or damage arising from any cause whatsoever (including the negligence of staff to the fullest extent permitted by law) whilst you are on these premises. We strongly recommend that all children under the age of 14 years be accompanied by an adult who shall be solely responsible for their care and conduct whilst on these premises. You agree to let us search any bags or other goods in your possession or your locker immediately upon request. Photographs, movies or videos taken by you must be for your own personal use and enjoyment and not for any commercial purpose. No flash photography is allowed in any attraction. Due to safety requirements, physical restrictions apply on some rides. You agree to abide by all ride instructions. No alcohol, commercially prepared food or commercial quantities of food are allowed. You agree that we may use any photographs that we may take of you for our commercial purposes without payment to you. NO REFUNDS are payable in the event of ride or park closure due to inclement weather. WARNER BROS. MOVIE WORLD and logo and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. SEA WORLD 2008 and TM Sea World Property Trust. AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK SPECTACULAR 2008 Warner Village Theme Parks.
I'm curious, as nowhere on this ticket does it say "The standard terms and conditions of entry, as varied from time to time are available at the gate, and also apply to this ticket" or something to that effect. So essentially - I have purchased a ticket that says the conditions or purchase and entry prohibit commercial quantities, and commercially prepared food. Nowhere does it say that if they subsequently change their mind on their food policy, that it affects the ticket that I bought. Also, this ticket was purchased AFTER the announcement of the new food policy... So it's not my problem if they didn't amend the terms when they changed their policy... I will be bringing whatever I please in terms of "home made", and if they try to tell me I can't, their own terms and conditions are against them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add to this, when obtaining the photo passes, a small slip of paper is handed to you which does advise "terms of entry can be obtained at the gate, and are subject to change." Although the terms as explained to me (in writing) when I purchased my ticket is still what I stand by, as I don't believe the park has a legal standpoint to impose further conditions on me AFTER purchase, without giving me the opportunity to opt out, rather than accept the new conditions. Opting out would mean a forfeiture of my pass, but it would also require a full refund. I can't see many people that would take a refund of a 12 month pass over being permitted to bring in food, but a moral stand could see some reaction... and besides, the terms and conditions on the ticket I purchased does state that no refunds would be given - so another stalemate on the park's behalf. My job on a daily basis is to interpret and apply legislation, so terms and conditions have to be black and white, there cannot be a grey area, and if there has been a grey area left in the conditions, whether intentioned or not, the beneficiary has to get the benefit of the doubt, and it must sway to their favour. The bag search doesn't meet the T&C either way - they still have a right to search to prevent people bringing in commercially prepared \ commercial quantity - however I still intend on pushing it when I attend in a non-hallowe'en capacity. We'll see where it leaves us.

Edited by AlexB

• 3 weeks later...

Just on this whole food topic (ok so this isn't aimed specifically at WVTP) but on my recent visit I arrived at Dreamworld rather early, so went for a walk around WhiteWater World, got back to the Dreamworld entry and still had plenty of time to kill, so thought I'd read those terms and conditions at the front of the park that no-one ever reads. Anyway, Dreamworld advertise on their site (http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/drw_2008_standard.asp?name=DW_Faqs) that no food is to bought into the park ok so that's fair enough. Anyway there's a sign that's been at the entry for yonkee's years (you know, the small white and red one) that says no food and bev to be bought into the park as per the parks terms and conditions signage. Again fair enough. Now here's where it gets interesting. The terms and conditions signage at Dreamworld has been updated since my last visit in Easter, so I was expecting it to have the "no food can be bought in at all" line, but all it says regarding food is that no commercial/ commercial qantanties of food may be bought into the park. I had to actually re-read that a couple of times as I couldn't believe what I was reading. So for anyone who wants to bring their own food into the park, and in the unlikely circumstance that your pulled up about it, asked for a bag search and whatnot, make sure you checkout the T&C at the parks entry gate. I say unlikely though as Dreamworld seem to have a reasonably relaxed policy (which is awesome) regarding this, and are no-where anything like the nazi's that are WVTP. Heck I even saw a family with an esky full of sandwhiches and stuff.

Edited by T-bone

Sorry, should have said Esky. The iPhone's auto correct stuff is pretty good, except when it finds words that don't really exist in the US such as Esky, which it then changes it to something completely random. Mind you, the letters for Esky and Walt on the keyboard are pretty much next to each other, so I can see why it thought I meant Walt.

It used to be when we had someone on the boards who didn't make sense, it was because they lacked the ability to construct a proper sentence, or spell properly. Now, everyone's saying it's the iPhone's fault. I'm not going at you specifically Paul (i can see perfectly how it has happened), but its an excuse i'm hearing more and more about how "it wasn't me, it was my iPhone"... If we thought that the spelling and grammar was bad for some of those guys we've seen on the boards in the past, how are we going to look in the future when these people (who can't spell already) start letting iPhone auto correct them? rehfrgbfdsfgnhmjndhf ? No, I meant "chair".

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I spend more time on the iPhone than my mac. When posting something on a non iPhone optimized site, and that something is of a great length, it's hard to fully review the post before you submit it, due to the fact that there isn't any scrollbars on the posting box. I do know what you are talking about though, I too have seen an influx of "oops, it was the iPhones fault".

Edited by T-bone

I have to say that no where in our Guidelines does it say "except if using an iPhone in which case don't bother to check your post." If it becomes a big problem we will take steps to correct members who are regular offenders. iPhone is no excuse, I have one, and yes I do often have to go back and correct "it's" mistakes. This only happens when you are rushing and in too much of a hurry to check what you are writing. If I made a post like that I would expect to be called on it as I don't think it's satisfactory, and I expect the same from others. If you don't have time to post and review properly, then don't post at all.

For this very reason I deactivated the auto correct feature on my touch....It seemed to interrupt more often then it made useful suggestions.
I find the HTC phones learn words the more you use them. Every time I tried to type 'Steph' it would always change it to "Stephen" but now it knows I use 'Steph' so it remembers that. Quite a few of the posts I've made on here came from my HTC Magic

• 1 month later...