Old Dreamworld queues/theming

Firstly, i didnt want to spread a small question out over several threads so please bear with me here..... just some questions about dreamworld, rides and queues. 1) TOT - What was the queue theming like originally? (incl a lift? - is that what those doors are with the 15 ppl sign are?? and was there a couple of people dressed up to guide you through? - i swear i saw a segment on TV with that) 2) The Cyclone queue... does anyone have pics of the theming actually working? even better if its a video. and did the big turbine in the middle spin around at all? also if you look to the right of the ride as its going up the hill you can see the back of a van and a sign for cyclone maintenance(?) as part of old theming (i think) where were they used? 3) Cyclone queue again.... just at the top of the (now q4u section/start of the exit walk down) there is controls to move the aircraft-loading-type floor thing (the rubber concertina doors), where they ever moved? if so, why? 4) Cyclone track and maintenance... do they just conduct work on the car when it's in station? i have never seen a seperate maintenance section or any kind of track switch to remove the train. 5) More Cyclone track... when it was in luna park, did it ever have block brakes fitted to that final run before turning back into the station? i noticed the placeholders on the track for them today. 6) and finally... The Dreamworld Railway.... They use the Canonball express train all the time I have seen, but today I noticed "Percy" (green train) and a miniature diesel engine both parked in the work shed. do either of them get used? or only when CB is being serviced? thank you

Ok, here we go. 1. Yes, the TOT's indoor section was more like a preshow than a queue. You used to queue up outside (where the entry to Reptar is today) and were then rushed through the tunnels (which were similar to the tunnels there today). And yes, instead of the stairs going upto the station level, you used the elevators. 2. The spinning thing in the middle of the now Cyclone exit did indeed spin. There also used to be a cow which hung from the room. 3. Not exactly sure what you mean there, but if I've deciphered it correctly, yes, there was a "moving" floor which riders passed over after being let through from the operator. 4. Not entirley sure on this one. There are a bunch of tools in the tunnel before you hit the station though, so anything is possible. Can anyone confirm? 5. Not sure, a guess would say no as the ride didn't have more than 1 train, thus not needing the extra components. 6. The Railway (I was looking forward to answering this one). The Baldwin, aka the "Cannonball Express" was the original train at the park (it was an old sugar cane train which was fixed up before the park opened) . The Perry train (aka the Green train) was also an ex sugar cane train, and came on the scene years later. Now from my understanding, these days the locomotives run on a "4 years on, 4 years off" maintenance schedule for the locomotives, where one loco runs continously for approx 4 years, while the other gets a major rehab (a full on strip down, pull apart type of maintenance) because as you can imagine, Steam locomotives require that extra bit of attention. On the last few times I've been to the park, going past the maintenance shed, it's been evident that they have been working on it, and I have seen many stages in it's current rehab. Anyway, back to the point, it's probably been 4 years since the Perry was pulled from service and the Baldwin was bought back into service, so I'd expect to see it running again either at the end of the year, or sometime next year, at which time the Baldwin will go in for a fix up, clean up and everything else they do during locomotive maintenance. Oh and the blue diesal, I believe it's more of a shunter to drag things around the shed, and if something breaks on the main line which needs a tow, I'm sure that's where it comes in. Just on the train though, I've just got to say Thank You to Dreamworld for keeping it running, and I just hope they are in a position to keep it going for many more years to come. I just wish the passenger carriages get an upgrade soon (they are starting to look sad) and while they are at it, a professional audio track wouldn't go astray (and would be reasonably cheap to implement). At the moment, any information that is given out over the rides PA system is rather inconsistent, sometimes we get it, other times we get nothing. All they need is an audio track which goes through the stops, they need something highlighting the attractions at the said station, and maybe some info on the park whilst going around the track. I hope that all makes some sense :)

Ok, here we go. 1. Yes, the TOT's indoor section was more like a preshow than a queue. You used to queue up outside (where the entry to Reptar is today) and were then rushed through the tunnels (which were similar to the tunnels there today). And yes, instead of the stairs going upto the station level, you used the elevators. 2. The spinning thing in the middle of the now Cyclone exit did indeed spin. There also used to be a cow which hung from the room. 3. Not exactly sure what you mean there, but if I've deciphered it correctly, yes, there was a "moving" floor which riders passed over after being let through from the operator. I hope that all makes some sense :)
excellent! thank you very much. just to clarify those questions... 1) so the queue was completely redesigned to bend the other way (torwards tiger island)? anyone got photos? 2) anyone got a video of the pre-show? 3) ok, hmm, how to word this better..... just before you begin your downward spiral to exit the cyclone tower, there is a retractable floor, basically an airbridge (wikipedia image) that connects the tower to the station. what was it used for? surely they had to use it at some point or they wouldnt have it there.

Essentially, the tunnels and the rest of the themeing you see today on the Tower of Terror are as they were when the ride opened. Infact the remaining tunnels which were cut off from the move of the entry are still there. When Nick came along, they moved the Skull to the other side of the ride building, and then constructed what's commonly known as today as the "Refrigerator" part of the queue (because it's always cold, and has the industrial refrigerator style of walls. As for what happened in the pre-show, i remember being stopped at the section before the fake elevators to watch a video, then proceding through the fake elevators before being setup into 2 groups for the elevator ride up. From there your group progressed as as far as they could, with 2 holding bays (the bay where you organize your seating position, then the other holding bay was just after you got off the elevator (it was seperated by big metal doors). As for Cyclone, that floor was actually as described above, it was a vibrating floor.

4. Not entirley sure on this one. There are a bunch of tools in the tunnel before you hit the station though, so anything is possible. Can anyone confirm?
As far as I'm aware, that's where most of the work is carried out on the train, it is winched back from the station toward the beginning of the tunnel at the end of each day so it's a pretty solid assumption.

Alhough the rubber on the walkway looks like a retractable bridge, as far as i know it never did retract nor has it have the ability to. I think it was more for effect. When the floor vibrated, the walls moved a lot so it seems very windy and unstable. As for bending the queue the other way, I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but you now queue up in the old exit and exit through the old queue line,

Edited by kieron5379

so the current TOT queue was the exit before?
sorry, yeah i was talking about the cyclone. The TOT exit has been moved also. essentially, everything is on the other side. The exit used to come out near the entry where the giant Nick poster and SB play area is now. I believe that the beginning of the queue line was mirrored to the other side of the ride. There is still a service door that runs out to Runaway Reptar as well.