Looking for someone who works at WVTP

ok, this is the story behind the question.... im getting married in october and since we already went overseas at the start of the year we have decided to spend a week on the coast instead of doing another overseas holiday. its cheaper on the coast obviously and we couldnt get enough time off work to do anything else plus we will have just moved into our new house (which we have owned for nearly 2 months now (stupid tennants and their stupid lease :P) anyway yea we are spending a week at the seaworld resort since my fiancee wants to do most of those animal encounters. unfortunately i can only do a couple of them as i cant swim (i nearly drowned 3 times as a kid - water isnt my thing). anyway, this moves me on to the actual question here.... can anyone who works for WVTP please tell me if any of the rides (at seaworld or movieworld) are scheduled for their maintenance during the 12-18th of october? i already emailed myfun and all i got was "please check the parks website for details". now im pretty sure they plan their maintenance a little more than 2 weeks in advance. thanks *edit - fixed a typo

Edited by reanimated35

Hey so have you seen the site here some of the maintenace at MW these are the main rides Looney Tunes River Ride will be closed 27 July - 16 August inclusive for scheduled maintenance. Wild West Falls will be closed 19 October - 1 November inclusive for scheduled maintenance. Batwing Spaceshot will be closed 23 November - 6 December inclusive for scheduled maintenance. For Sea World you have to wait like August or September but i will say that some rides will be close because they do maintenace before the xmas holidays start. Hope that helps Randy23

Hey so have you seen the site here some of the maintenace at MW these are the main rides Looney Tunes River Ride will be closed 27 July - 16 August inclusive for scheduled maintenance. Wild West Falls will be closed 19 October - 1 November inclusive for scheduled maintenance. Batwing Spaceshot will be closed 23 November - 6 December inclusive for scheduled maintenance. For Sea World you have to wait like August or September but i will say that some rides will be close because they do maintenace before the xmas holidays start. Hope that helps Randy23
you really do love posting the same data straight from their website dont you. now i appreciate the effort, but seriously.... "12-18th of october" not a single date you have posted falls within the required dates. can anyone who works for WVTP please tell me if any of the rides (at seaworld or movieworld) are scheduled for their maintenance during the 12-18th of october? Edited by reanimated35

• 3 weeks later...

Mate, Have you ever tried CALLING myfun? They know absolutely nothing. Plus - you're spending a bunch of time wading through IVR menus, and then on hold before they actually pick up, and the simple questions like "what time is such-and-such show?" or "will such-and-such be operating today?" and they DON'T KNOW and it takes them FIVE MINUTES to get the answer. The website works well, but the call centre just sucks.

Yes! A fantastic idea! Why didn't I think of it? Now, bear in mind this was, i think, some time in January, but there was only one phone number on the website (133fun) and a quick call to Sensis or Directory Assistance only provided the same number - direct numbers for reception at the parks could not be located. Now, since I am sure they would get those sorts of calls (and their IVR menu shows that they do, because there are options for them) why not provide the call centre staff with the basics of ride closures, weather, show times etc? Instead of them having to place you on hold, and go off and make a phone call, they would have the info and hand, provide it, and hang up! I've managed call centres - I won't discuss the particular topic or company, but needless to say, we got a lot of enquiries from customers asking questions about products we didn't "directly" support. Now, while we had no obligation to do it, we would frequently provide the phone number for these other companies, and offer to transfer them through, because they would be thankful, and allow us to do it, rather than the alternative, which was to tell them we couldn't help them, and then have them rant and rave at us about why we couldn't help them (company policy was we were not allowed to hang up until they did). I'm sure if VR look at the enquiries and tally up how many aren't just to purchase tickets, they would be well invested to either have their call staff transfer the call immediately without screwing around, or otherwise, provide the staff with the basics of closures, weather, showtimes, basic costs of major upcharge attractions (like helicopters and animal adventures, and operating hours would save them time and money - two things VR appears to be doing a lot of lately.

^ Does no one use the White Pages anymore? A quick (very quick) searched showed up the phone numbers for both Seaworld and Movieworld. Not that it really matters, for the sake of a min or two does anyone really care? For what its worth, reception doesn't have the information at hand, but it'd take them less time to get it since they know who to call or put you through to. I don't know if giving them the answer to every question anyone could possibly have is really the best answer. For the most part the call center staff are really well informed, but if they don't know the answer to a question, assume that no one has asked, or they'd know! The best thing is to know is how to get the answer to questions, and that's why reception would be better then the call center for obscure things (like planned maintenance that hasn't been put on the website yet). They don't know everything off the bat but know who to call to find out so can get the answer to more obscure questions quicker. Also, the cost of the helicopters and animal adventures is well known to the call center staff since they sell them.

^ Does no one use the White Pages anymore? A quick (very quick) searched showed up the phone numbers for both Seaworld and Movieworld. Not that it really matters, for the sake of a min or two does anyone really care?
Not even that, myfun has a very comprehensive contacts page: http://movieworld.myfun.com.au/Park-Info/Contact.asp

Here is a better thought than looking it up on whitepages.com or google... LOOK AT THE MYFUN WEBSITE. As I've said before, the ride closures are up to date and accurate. If I ride isn't listed it doesn't mean they've forgotten so you need to go wasting their time by calling, it means ITS OPEN!

Ok fine, fair point, but still, when a typical visitor is wanting to contact them, they log onto the website, and the first number they see is 133fun. I'm not saying give them every scrap of info, but since, for the most part, show times don't change (the maps are mostly pre-printed) why can't the call centre have a copy? And since annual maintenance schedules don't change, why can't they have a copy? And how hard is it for the parks, when morning maintenance determines a ride isn't going to open today, to provide that info to the call centre? Having dozens of trained phone operators with the info readily at hand would make it much easier than the 2 or 3 guest relations staff in reception fielding the calls. And as a separate point, if the call centres are NOT supposed to have this info, why does their IVR (interactive voice response - the "press 1 now" menu) give you the option for that kind of information? I mean seriously - its a multi million dollar operation - all we're talking about is running off 30 photocopies of info? Thats what - $6 at the local library? They need to make the 133 Fun call centre a one-stop-Warner-Village-shop. It's the only PROMINENT phone number on any marketing material - so why not take advantage of it and have all your info under the one roof? And if you want to have reception fielding the calls about specific park info, then the IVR should be diverting those particular enquiries to reception.