Blackout At LPS

Well about 6:30pm today LPS had a full park blackout. :P It was interesting to know that half the ride ops didnt know what to do in a black out. The only ride that had a generator attached to it was the ferris wheel. It took about 10 mins to get the generator going as it hasn't been used in the 5 years since the parks reopening. Most of the rides had manual releases for the restraints except for the Ranger. This has its own generator but the ride ops either didn't know how to start it or it wasn't working... Anyway that's my rap up.....

Tony, I think the best answer is that many have tried, and failed, to prove Sir Isaac Newton wrong, but what goes up, must come down. Simply by having people in the gondola is enough to prevent a perfect balance. (Although Bussy could share some stories about bounty that are pretty cool)

Is a e-stop possible without power ? I dont think it is. Most of the people were able to get off rides except for ranger and ferris wheel (until generator kicked in)
it'd be useless at the time but i imagine its policy to prevent some kind of whacky re-start or something
Tony, I think the best answer is that many have tried, and failed, to prove Sir Isaac Newton wrong, but what goes up, must come down. Simply by having people in the gondola is enough to prevent a perfect balance. (Although Bussy could share some stories about bounty that are pretty cool)
please share :P

it'd be useless at the time but i imagine its policy to prevent some kind of whacky re-start or something
I think it's a pretty standard procedure across the board, especially if the ride was mid cycle. I sure as hell wouldn't be attempting to unload guests in that situation unless the e-stop was in. Nobody likes a freak accident.