Sign in to follow this  
Jaggie

Wonderland Sydney Wins an Award!

8 posts in this topic

What's that for? For being the tightest, most budget theme park in the world? Spending the least amount of money on their ride maintenance and new attractions and treating their staff like sh*t? If so, much deserved winner. Good work.

It looks like they won the award for their brochure only... nothing else that I can see. Wonderland is billed as a class 4 theme park (I think we discussed this before) meaning they receive 1 - 1.5 million visitors per year. Don't try and tell me they're not making money

The Wildlife Park anyway... That's where the dosh and numbers come from. Maybe with all the rides they're removing and selling. That'll pick them up a few quick bucks.

Wondrland has wone an award so has 100 other parks.   come on it's not that special.
Are you serious? Did you even look at the website? If you had read it you would realise that there were three places in each category for each class of theme park.
BROCHRE Class 4 1st Place  Wonderland Sydney (Eastern Creek, NSW, Australia)   PRINT ADVERTISEMENT Class 4 1st place Wonderland Sydney (Eastern Creek, NSW, Australia)
Wonderland came equal first in the Brochre category and there was only the first place, no second or third for the Print Advertisement category. Considering we here in Sydney do not see much advertising, I don't know how much they promote themselves interstate, I think this is a good achievement for Wonderland. Daniel, we are not going to have this argument again about how many people Wonderland gets in a year, but for them to get a million people a year that is an average daily attendance of just under 2800, not that far fetched regardless of how many people they get in the middle of winter. "The Bus is now leaving for French Lick, Indiana, USA"

Interstate is nil-to-none. Wherever they advertise, it must be good to win the award. It's not a bad effort. They're the only major park in Australia to win, and that's not bad, especially considering Dreamworld's former General Manager (he's now a creative consultant for the park) is on the IAAPA board and whatnot, which would in theory at least point more in favour of the Gold Coast parks.