new stunt show a real let down!

dell2006

After seeing the old police accademy a few times, good laughs for familys, Was really let down after watching the new stunt show!!! There wasn't even a real story line. and can see a lot of running costs to keep this show running. The effects weren't even in time, Eg gun shots hiting targets an delayed reaction. Pure Crap!!! Bring back the old show anyday!!!!!!!

That one is manually set off by the guys in the booth, so it comes down to how well they do it on the day.
Yeah and that should either be perfect every time or get a new operator or don't have in manual. When we put in effects you have everything run from show control and the only human action is a safety enable. That way you achieve repeatability and accuracy.

• 4 weeks later...

from what ive heard, its not so much money thats an issue, its just poor decisions along the way which havent helped. Underestimated the wear and tear on the vehicles is a big one, if they had a chance again they probably would have gone with full tube frame chassis like the stunt car built in reverse. Would have made repairs much easier and could have swapped out the drivetrain to something else that will cope a little better. It really is a show that could have 3 or 4 sessions a day in peak periods because its over so quickly, but the reliability suffers greatly when you amp up the amount of drive time. Its a trade off, the more indepth the show is, the longer the cars are out on the track which increases the chances of a failure. Police academy was such a good runner because the human element took just as much (if not more actually) stage time as any vehicles part of the show. In saying that though, the driving quality is excellent. Some really hard stunts performed, made it seem effortless. Wonder how many cars were binned during pre production though :D

• 1 month later...
from what ive heard, its not so much money thats an issue, its just poor decisions along the way which havent helped. Underestimated the wear and tear on the vehicles is a big one, if they had a chance again they probably would have gone with full tube frame chassis like the stunt car built in reverse. Would have made repairs much easier and could have swapped out the drivetrain to something else that will cope a little better. It really is a show that could have 3 or 4 sessions a day in peak periods because its over so quickly, but the reliability suffers greatly when you amp up the amount of drive time. Its a trade off, the more indepth the show is, the longer the cars are out on the track which increases the chances of a failure. Police academy was such a good runner because the human element took just as much (if not more actually) stage time as any vehicles part of the show. In saying that though, the driving quality is excellent. Some really hard stunts performed, made it seem effortless. Wonder how many cars were binned during pre production though :D
This attraction is a copy of this one from Hollywood Studios http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/hol...eme-stunt-show/ But the Hollywood Studios one is MASSIVE compared. The grand stand for the audience is around 3 times the size, the stunt area is easily twice the size in every direction and there is a water mote between the crowd and the stunt area which includes jet skies and boats in the show.

Not trying to be narky or anything Brissy phil, but that might be a good idea. it's always good to bone up on a topic that is several pages (and threads) long. Otherwise we end up with the same thing said by many people a week or two apart. Other than that, Welcome to the forums, and don't mind Don. He's harmless.

After seeing the old police accademy a few times, good laughs for familys, Was really let down after watching the new stunt show!!! There wasn't even a real story line. and can see a lot of running costs to keep this show running. The effects weren't even in time, Eg gun shots hiting targets an delayed reaction. Pure Crap!!! Bring back the old show anyday!!!!!!!
Actually I though it was good, and a laugh with a great storyline. Who cares if they are off timing its only a show get over it.

I'm sorry, I'm not normally derogatory but this has to be one of the most stupid things I've ever read... that's not my opinion, that is fact!
I agree. Why get over it when it's supposed to be a professional show and minor things like that should really be spot on? If they want to offer a "world class" show (which i don't believe it is anywhere near, but for the sake of the argument i'll say it is), everything should be polished. And i will even give them a month or two to smooth it out but if they can't get something simple like that right, then its a bit hard to just get over it...

Just remember, I never said anything about their timing, I haven't seen the show in at least 6 months so I would assume it's tight by now, others seem to be suggesting it's not. I never took a swipe at Stunt Driver crew, I just laughed at it being suggested that I would not be able to cue a show. Just on the comment "what equipment they got given," they didn't get given anything, this show was built in house from the ground up so they didn't "get given" anything. That would be like me complaining at the equipment I have to work with when I specified the equipment in the first place. The show is very lacking, but that doesn't mean they can only do what they have half baked. I've never had a problem with what the drivers and crew do with the show they are given, my beef with the show is in it's contents, not it's execution, and always has been. It's the same crew as PASS, and that show was nailed nearly every show, so you can't say bad things about the crew.

OK, someone saw the show six months ago and they found elements of the show lacking. So then it's their responsibility to pay for admission again to see it now that they've gotten their act together and are actually putting on a decent show? Sorry but impressions last. The fact that there have been any reports at all from any point in time suggesting that the show is substandard means that the park hasn't done their job correctly. Forget the "1%" that pick at things and complain. Flip it around and it shouldn't take the 1% that visit the park to the point where they can actively comment the evolution of the show over time to defend the show and tell people they're wrong for thinking the show was a letdown because in their eyes it was when they visited.

HAHAHAHA That is so funny what you said, given what I do for a job every day and what company I work for. Oh wow, you're so not getting it are you. I'm glad you have such low standards, it's people like you that have allowed sub standard product to be accepted over the years for the norm. Funny thing is I know that low budget doesn't mean low standards and I know what the parks are capable of and have done in the past. Again, just for laughts
My post I posted yesterday (I have changed my username) has disappeared which in my opinion is unfair considering however i'm just going to re-post. I don't know you I don't know what type of job you do or the company you work for, I am not the slightest bit interested ok! I don't care who works for who, I don't really want to or need to know. Try guess what company I work for and what I do- That's very much impossible don't you think! I don't know why i get replies saying how stupid my posts are when we are all entitled to write what we want! I don't know why my post got deleted and i'm hopeful that this site won't do that again!

So, if everyone else thinks that there is something wrong with the show, why is it that that they all have to 'get over it'?
Complain to someone who will actually do something about it. Go to customer services and complain there. I didn't say get over it completely. However whinging online isn't going to get far! As for spelling errors this ain't not spelling bee, this isn't no exam. So some of us don't really mind simple spelling or gramatical errors.

As for spelling errors this ain't not [sic] spelling bee, this isn't no exam (I don't even know when to put the [sic] there). So some of us don't really mind simple spelling or gramatical [sic] errors.
I don't mind simple spelling errors in some circumstances, but not when this is part of the community guidelines:
Spelling, punctuation and grammar should be correct and proper at all times. Take the necessary time to properly form your posts, because if they are not up to standard they may be deleted. Many Browsers these days have built-in spell checkers so there is no excuse for not making the effort.
In terms of the show, I agree that while we are not in America, there is no reason that the general public does not deserve a first class show. I am more than prepared (having been involved in several productions) to accept that for the first week or two there may be some teething issues but these should be resolved as soon as possible. I haven't seen the show since about a month after opening so I can't comment on it's present state but when I did see it I was reasonably happy. If you're unimpressed you're more than welcome to contact guest services to voice your opinion, just like every other guest to the parks.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to the SeaViper thread I found this image of Movieworld. There seems to be the following: 2 x Red Cars 1 x Red car in need of a paint job as it's mostly white 1 x Black car 4 x Unknown presumed black cars (one is just poking out of the shed) Now that probably means they have kept the other black cars they originally used, but for what purpose? Spares or is there some plan to bring them back sometime? Untitled-7.jpg

there is no way you could get a car repaired and back on track within the time frame of the next show even if you have the most minor of accidents or even most mechancial failures. Got to keep a few cars as spares that can simply be swapped over in the event of something happening, but they could also rotate the cars through service and strip down and rebuild them as per a maintenance schedule. Its not like a ride where they can stay in service for thousands of hours with minimal down time, this particular package is very tough on gearboxes, differentials and even things such as wheel bearings and the like, even the chassis and roll cage structure is prone to mechanical stress. They would to have a service plan that seems them stripped down and inspected along with wear items replaced, could see the car out of use for a number of days before its returned to service.

I also just noticed what appears to be 2 old style (model-T?) cars just behind the unpainted one. from the PASS?
Those two cars appear to be the Bonnie & Clyde cars from the left side of main street. If you look here you can see a different angle and can work out the shape a bit better. As for the police cars from PASS they appear to be at the northern end of the site behind the Looney Tunes Ride. See here. It appears that they have kept two and sold the rest.