new stunt show a real let down!

dell2006

that's true, but what about the stripped down white one? did they have some kind of major accident that required a repaint oh 90% of the car?
That car isn't like that because of an accident.
I also just noticed what appears to be 2 old style (model-T?) cars just behind the unpainted one. from the PASS?
They use one during the Batman street show, they might use them at events aswell maybe? Edited by ShadowXL

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to seeing the show this morning. Had little interest beforehand and after reading the mixed reviews decided it was time to check it out. Audience interaction parts were funny and clever. It worked really well. The Hollywood producer is a terrible terrible actor.. please cut that part completely. There seems to be no need for it. The stunts.... cars going round in circles..... It got pretty boring after a while. The last sequence with the flyover worked well. The audience I was viewing with seemed to enjoy the show. Big cheers etc... but as a repeat attraction I doubt any but the diehard car enthusiasts would give this a second viewing 2/5

Finally got around to seeing the show this morning. Had little interest beforehand and after reading the mixed reviews decided it was time to check it out. Audience interaction parts were funny and clever. It worked really well. The Hollywood producer is a terrible terrible actor.. please cut that part completely. There seems to be no need for it. The stunts.... cars going round in circles..... It got pretty boring after a while. The last sequence with the flyover worked well. The audience I was viewing with seemed to enjoy the show. Big cheers etc... but as a repeat attraction I doubt any but the diehard car enthusiasts would give this a second viewing 2/5
i have seen the show a couple times before i viewed it this morning. I think the cars were going much slower than usual due to the rainfall. Regardless i think the show is crap and would love the PA show back.

Hi Everyone 1st of all Merry Xmas & Happy New Year 2010, Recently i was surfing youtube and i came across the new Stunt Show Like The topic says REAL LET DOWN comparing to french version and american to the australian version, the australian version is a cheap version of all the stunt shows ive seen French Version - Moteurs Action! Hollywood Stunt Driver
American Version - Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
Australian Version - Hollywood Stunt Driver
You compare the differences Tell Me Your Oppinions

Edited by DarkSide

• 4 months later...

I am interested to see what people's opinions of this show are now that it has had a good time to settle in to the park and the drivers to relax into the new show. There have been some nice comical additions added in which do bring a more human fel into the show. What do others think?

Whilst I don't think the show will go down as one of the great all time theme park shows (as PA did) or receieve rave reviews like others such as Waterworld do, I think the show has matured a lot and is now a reputable addition to the park. The show works MUCH better with the reduced number of cars and the pacing and overall 'feel' to the show has been much improved. I do have to give credit to the Show and Entertainment directors for improving this show so much over time. I still don't really like how it just screams being a watered down knock off of the Disney show, and I feel it lacks the comedic element that made PA so popular, but that is a conceptual problem, not an executional one. So in short, yes I like it, change has been good in this case!

One thing I was interested to see last weekend is that two more members of the old PA team have joined the Hell Driver team. I agree DJ it does scream of being a cheaper knock off, but for people like me who cannot afford to see the original and are resigned to watching it on youtube, it does a pretty good job. I never got to see the show with 5 vehicles however I would say that this would make the set seem a little overcrowded and the feeling of "are they going to hit" would be diminished as there are so many vehicles that you wouldn't really notice if two got close. The quality of the driving has greatly improved with the policia vehicles almost constantly side by side instead of one behind the other during drinfting, however as I witnessed last weekend, this greatly increases the chances that they will have a fender bender if one suddenly brakes. I am interested to know if anyone has any knowledge of the frequency that the vehicles are taken out of action for serious services and repairs. I ask as we saw one policia car getting a new window put in while still walking out of the auditorium after a show (under the parking garage) and another getting a dent (from the fender bender) bumped back out, along with the almost constant backfiring of one of the policia cars (literally, flames were shooting over two feet out of the back of the car).

Edited by Wyncenuros

I never got to see the show with 5 vehicles however I would say that this would make the set seem a little overcrowded and the feeling of "are they going to hit" would be diminished as there are so many vehicles that you wouldn't really notice if two got close.
That was pretty much it, it just made it look like a slot car track or a ballet basically, but now you can focus on both cars as they aproach each other and see the near miss.