Tango Train still out at LPS

i was only at Luna Park a few months back and i did know the tango train was down and when i saw it, only the track was left, and the seats were taken out, but that was around may, and i only just noticed LPS website saying its still down for maintainence. So after all these months, what could they be doing to it? If anyone has an idea, id like to hear it, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

hang on is the tango train like the um.. tilt-a-whirl like thing thats bumpy but still like a flat ride (and sometime comes themed like a milkshake?) because i waslast then in i think march with shun(my japanese exchange student kid) and that ride was still out butthe cars were still on the track though so i dont know, mate.

Not exactly. The Tilt-a-Whirl functions very differently from the Tango Train. The cars in the Tilt-a-Whirl spin around, like the Breakdance. In this ride however, the cars all run in a straight line while running round a wavy track forwards, then backwards. Really intense, cause the ride goes REAL fast. Another variant of the Tango Train (Musik Express) is the Chance Matterhorn. Very similar, except that the cars can swing while running around forwards then backwards.

Edited by T-Rex

hang on is the tango train like the um.. tilt-a-whirl like thing thats bumpy but still like a flat ride
Tango Train does have a bumpy circular track, but as T-Rex said the cars don't spin. http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Sydney/Lu...ango_Train.html While we are on the topic, there are a couple more variants I know of... The Raupen Bahn...Similar to the Tango Train, but it has this bizzare fabric awning that folds over the whole train, so for part of the cycle you are out in the open, but for part you are closed in: http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%20Pa...raupenbahn.html The Old Train...Again, same ride, but there isn't a central motor, but rather motors between each car that drive it along the wavy track: http://www.parkz.com.au/parks/GB/Windsor/L...ino-Dipper.html Sea Storm....The cars can spin around, but not in an uncontrolled spin like on a Tilt-a-Whirl, rather the cars can just do a simple motorised 180 degree spin, to face either forwards or backwards: http://www.parkz.com.au/parks/GB/Chessingt...-Sea-Storm.html

I dunno about scrapping the Tango Train. I do like the ride to an extent, but if they're taking a long time to finish repairing, I must say why they should bother. It never took THAT long for them to repair the Flying Saucer when it was under maintenance last year. When I asked about the Tango Train months ago, Neb said "it will be finished in 4 weeks". Maybe they should get rid of it and replace it with a better ride. Like I say, if things take longer than expected to finish, it probably would never see the light of day. Talking about a ride to replace the Tango Train would be better discussed at the Ideas for Luna Park Sydney section.

Edited by T-Rex

• 2 months later...

Tango Train's the best part of Luna Park, haha, I hope they never get rid of it. The reason it took so long is because they had to replace the steel beams underneath the ride. They needed manufacturer approval for a new variety of steel, but the manufacturer is now bust, so they had to get an independent engineer to approve it, and that took quite some time. That's probably not all that relevant now since it's been up and running for a while now.