Movie World Changes

Randy23

Hey Just some changes to movieworld that rumours that Batwing will have a ride photo so they have to make the batman shop will expand. and also that the Lonney toons river ride will have a photo ride.. And also that halloween dates have changed it will be on the following dates Saturday 10th October 2009 Saturday 17th October 2009 Saturday 24th October 2009 Saturday 31st October 2009

It's not unfair at all. You're paying $99 for a whole year. If you wanted a year long pass with no blackout dates, then by all means, pay the extra $200 for a myfun mega pass, meanwhile everyone else can enjoy a great deal.

if they actually mentioned it in advertisements
Fail: post-88-1250845163_thumb.jpg Besides, the terms and conditions are on the website: http://myfun.com.au/QLD-VIP-Pass.htm?WT.mc...motionsShowcase When I went to Universal Studios they had a deal where you would get a free annual pass with a one day admission. Granted, it too had blackout dates, but if its free I couldn't complain.

why was my message here deleted dude?
You mean this one?
sweet!
Your answer lies in rule #2 of the community guidelines: http://www.parkz.com.au/about/FAQ/Community-Guidelines.html
#2 One-word or single phrase replies are not acceptable. You should put some thought into a response, even if the answer is straight forward, it doesn't hurt to elaborate.
Hope that helps.
Well fineprint still they could have actually said.
But just about every special offer on TV just focuses on the main bits of the deal, with fine print saying the special conditions.

If they going to be making a offer for unlimited visits till june 2010, They should stick by it for the WHOLE time. Instead of blackout dates without failing to properly informing the public instead of some ****ing fine-print that you can barely make out. What if people are amish like who don't have a tv or a computer, they would not know wouldn't they!

Guy's you're being silly and unrealistic. Nearly all theme parks accross the work have different versions of annual passes with costs and blackout dates to match. Forget theme parks, ALL advertising 'stretches' the truth to get your attention and then clarifies with fine print, that's just the way the world works.

^ Not valid for use 26 December 2009 - 17 January 2010 inclusive. Read full terms and conditions.
On the page where you buy the ticket on Myfun.com.au, it says the above not once, but twice, and not in fine print either. I'm all for bagging the parks for declining standards, but the quality and intelligence of the guests is completely beyond the parks control. Edited by joz

I know some people have families or friends up, but aside from that would any season pass holders really want to go during the busiest times, with hour long waits for all the rides??
Well its when new things open, I don't like waiting :lol: Anyway moving on, Don't spend not that alot of time on the net nor watch Tv along with most other people as got a life.

To be fair they could have mentioned it in the advertisement that some dates are excluded, but none the less people should read the terms and conditions. I can see alot of people turning up on those dates with their families and having to pay again haha
righto. sorry about that single phrase then. Edited by spencer

I think the idea of a theme park would frighten the Amish community, if Australia had any.
I've actually seen Amish people at Cedar Point so maybe they wouldn't be that scared, I saw Amish people on the Greyhound from Cleveland to New York too. Those blackout dates are possibly a blessing in disguise, Movie World (or any other GC park) sounds like hell on earth for crowds during the school holidays. Edited by downunder

Amish people don't avoid the transport at all costs - there are allowances within their credo that allows them to utilise "modern" conveniences at certain times, one of the biggest ones being in a time of emergency, or the requirement to travel long distances in short time for other reasons. Amish people in the modern world also have the ability to leave their community for a period of time, when they are old enough, but not yet committed to the faith, to allow them to choose whether they wish to continue their path to god in the amish way of life, or to make their way out into the big world. On the the subject, if we're going to whinge about fine print, then you're living in the wrong galaxy. Everything has fine print from pizza vouchers, to cheap holidays and theme park tickets. WVTP do an adequate job of informing people prior to purchase. As said above, the website is quite clear about it. It is printed on the advertisements in all mediums (including their radio ads, where they DO tell you, so stick that one), and even if you don't purchase on the website, the people in the myfun call centre also tell you before the purchase is transacted, so you can't really complain. If you don't want to wait, because that is when all the new stuff comes, them BUY A MEGA PASS - you want it - pay for it, you don't want to pay that much, then wait! Besides, new stuff usually comes online for a soft opening a few weeks earlier, so you never know if you go in the weeks leading up to christmas. I don't think we'll see anything big this year, tightening of belts, as well as the new additions last year... we can expect them to do something, but i don't think its going to be a multi-million dollar attraction. I do think the extension out to january 17 is a bit rough though - maybe Jan 10 would be alright, but that extra week does seem like they're milking it a bit, there isn't a particular expectation on why you would black that out, and not the other school holiday periods throughout the year.... But as Joz said, (and Clint confirmed) the cattle will be cattle - a person can be very smart, but people are very stupid.... And if someone turns up at the gate with a VIP pass within the blackout period after having it clearly displayed on the ad, on the purchase site, and what would most certainly be on the ticket, then they deserve the disappointment, and the potential additional wallet outlay that it would cause. It is definitely going to happen, so I would suggest some conflict resolution training for front gate staff, who are inevitably going to cop flak and abuse from guests whose tickets won't be accepted by the turnstile.

they also warn you in park when filling out the forms, when you are about to have your photo taken, then hand you a slip of paper with all the limitations on it when you are given your printed card. If you had any problems with the dates you had ample opportunity to do or say something about it then.