CEO of Movie World

SuperYoshi

I pretty much ripped off this thread: http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=3866 But, on Movie World, so: If you were CEO of Warner Brothers Movie World or WVTP for that matter. What changes and additions would you make, if financial issues were not a problem? ;)First, I would touch up the place. I would bring the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster and Wild West Falls back to its former glory, try to smooth out Lethal Weapon and re-pain Main Street. Then I would remove the Food Policy, and include drinks with meals. Next on the list would be the Looney Tunes River Ride. Thats about all I can think of for changes. Cant really think of anything for additions accept a B&M.

I'd do all of the above and do something with china town that you walk through to go to Lethal Weapon. Turn it into actual shops (dunno what kind) and where the original entry used to be for LW (when it was so popular you had to line up outside) level it and turn the area into and grassed picnic area. I'd also fit in some sort of Harry Potter themed area. Just like they are building in the US, but maybe a tenth of it's size. Maybe a walk through type of attraction with plenty of special affects to bring the magic alive. I'd also get rid of the arcade ( leave the dodgems there though) and all the money grabbing ( carny ) activities out the front and turn that area into a real wild west town with plenty of actors roaming all day. That will do me for the moment. I have plenty of ideas.

Out of interest, I am presuming that there are a lot of people within WVTP\VRTP up to middle management who are feeling the same sentiments as you two, considering most of them know who you guys are, and some frequent this site also, for you guys to be so open about it on here. Can anyone say Eisner? Edit:

^ Thats where we have to dissagree, because if I were WVTPs CEO I'd beat my chest and undo all the good work John had done to show that "I'm the boss now!"
With the info about the Show Change at AOS, is this another one of those chest beating moments? Or has the Light Horse theme been in the works since Menzies? Edited by AlexB

- Re-theme Superman's building to look like a real metro terminal. - Install new Vekoma trains on Lethal Weapon or replace the attraction. - Upgrade the lighting in the park (Main Street lights replaced, other areas installed with colourful lights verses normal spotlights) - Extend the park hours til 9pm on public holidays (weekends if the move is popular) with a discounted rate after 5pm. This encourages people to come in late and therefore purchase dinner. - Knock down the Batman Adventure building. Open up a Batman-themed area with a restaurant. - Replace the current Batman food outlet with a small stage and theme it appropriately. - Look into a future movie-themed attraction.

Edited by ash.1111

I'm sure you would understand Alex that light hearted banter back and forth is very different from talking about the current state of the companies workforce so I really can't answer your question. Same goes for this talk of AOS, I of course am not in a position to comment on or disclose anything at this stage. All I will say is that JSM is very much involved with the project.

Edited by djrappa

Of course I do understand that Dj, my comments were moreso directed at how openly you guys were talking about the issues within. I am very glad to hear JSM is in the mix. Projects are treated differently when the captain is at the helm. I look forward to a good show in the coming months.

Edited by joz

It took me a while to figure out what was wrong with my post up above, and then I realised... So Joz, I'm curious why, after what I think has been a long time with

youthink

i'ddoitagain?

's name showing in his signature, that me mentioning it in a post needed to be edited out? You guys are the biggest drum beaters for following the employment contract, and you know that this is both an open forum, and one read by management of WVTP - so if you haven't said, or will say, anything that may get you into trouble, why the need to edit the names?

well now we know something at WVTP that we weren't supposed to know!!!!

;)

Edited by AlexB

I'm not going to go into why our names don't appear here, but i will say we are far from anon. to many people in the parks. As for the whole terms of contract thing, there are two very important things to remember: 1. We don't post inside information. Everything that comes from us (including the stuff where it looks like inside info) is stuff that you can see simply by visiting the park, or is info you can get elsewhere if you know where to look. We don't post photos of backstage and don't reveal sensitive information, and keep to the conversations that are in the public domain anyway. 2. Since more often then not this site is not considered 'media' for the purposes of promotion of the parks it'd be a hard line to pursue to say that we are commenting to the media. Even so, I don't post as a WVTPs employee, I post as Joz, theme park fan. As a final thought, remember that I never said anything about what the current CEO is like in this thread, I was just saying what I'd do if I were CEO. So if anyone thinks I'm making a comment about the current boss clearly has their own opinion about the situation in the park. Djrappa was merely rejecting me from that job, again, without passing judgement on the current boss. Also The fact that JSM is involved with the new AOS is known to many people outside of the parks, so it isn't really much of a revelation for it to appear here. Thanks for playing :)

Edited by joz