Australian Outback Spectacular (Being Replaced?)

dodge53

http://outbackspectacular.myfun.com.au/Vis...COMING-SOON.htm
Don’t miss your chance to see the original Australian Outback Spectacular. A new show will open soon, with a cast of larger than life characters and amazing animals, it will celebrate the link between our stockmen and the legendary Australian Light Horse. The new show will be a tribute to the Heroes of the Light Horse and will retain all the fun, charm and skill of the original, but with a new story line. Australian Outback Spectacular's Tribute to the Heroes of the Light Horse will open late September 2009. Tickets are still available for the current show, however last days are selling fast, so don’t delay. Join MyFun and you can save $25 off shows until 12 September 2009.
According to that it sounds like the Australian Outback Spectacular is going to be replaced with; a new Australian Outback Spectacular! Good to see them freshening the show up after how ever many years its been running for. The "Tribute to the Heroes of the Light Horse" sounds interesting, looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

^ Oh if only you knew :P The myfun site pretty much says anything that can be said. Work is obviously very much underway, and its very go go go. Probably more intensive than even the original opening was, as shows are still being performed nightly. The show will definitely have a different feel and can be classed as something new to see. I will say the new show has the addition of several significant technical elements, as well as huge changes in the technical infrastructure. The biggest change for the show is something that really has to be seen to be done justice, and in my opinion , worth the ticket. (certainly good to watch the footy on too :P )

The show will definitely have a different feel and can be classed as something new to see. I will say the new show has the addition of several significant technical elements, as well as huge changes in the technical infrastructure. The biggest change for the show is something that really has to be seen to be done justice, and in my opinion , worth the ticket. (certainly good to watch the footy on too :P )
Ok, so I'm guessing the projection reels have got the flick and we're moving to broad screen digital (tell me it's a couple of ELM's and i'm ready to wet myself, although there are some other interesting products on the market) Since all the big offers on AOS tickets with hotel purchase and myfun membership expire somewhere up until the end of september, i'm guessing the show will be up and running before Christmas, - Any ideas on firm dates yet mate? I'd like to get tickets in before they book out (and maybe hook up for post-show partying if the time permits). Since the arena was purpose built, and the show isn't stopping to allow changes to be made for the new show, I don't think we can see too much change in the arena itself though...