All Time Favourite Ride

Intamin

Hi guys. I would just like to hear your opinions of what you believe is the best ride in the world. Please state why you like it the most. I personally have not been to any parks overseas, so my favourite ride would have to be Giant Drop because of the exhillerating drop and the superman escape because of the epic launch and airtime hills. Cheers

Edited by Intamin

STEEL COASTER: Superman - Ride of Steel (Six Flags New England) WOODIE: (1) El Toro (2) Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce) DARK RIDE: Haunted Mansion FLAT RIDE: Samurai (Thorpe Park), Skywalker (Show Ride) TOWER RIDE: Sky Screamer, Marineland http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8044831402644746539# - due to the awesome view over Niagra Falls AUST COASTER: (1) Superman Escape (2) Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster (3) Jet Rescue AUST FLAT RIDE: The Claw

Edited by Gold Coaster

All time favourite ride overall for me is The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman at Islands of Adventure, because it is very well themed, has a solid story line, great special effects, and of course a fantastic grand finale. Though in the coaster stakes, Nemesis at Alton towers is my favourite, really nice theming/landscaping, and relentless speed and intensity from start to finish....Just a great overall package really.

All time favourite, such a hard choice, there are just so many good rides around the world. I'll break mine down into categories though. ALL time favourite Thrilling ride = Hands down, it's the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Favourite "Wow" factor ride = Soarin, I love that ride (I think I rode it in total around 10-11 times during my visit). The "Fun" ride has got to go to Toy Story Midway Mania, such an addictive game/ ride, and seriously fun. If you're ever over that way, don't discount the ride as being "Childish", it is quite awesome. Coaster Wise, it has got to be X2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Mind you though, Goliath, Tatsu, Terminator Salvation, and the Giant Dipper at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk all came pretty close. X2 just took the cake though for it's "What the Hell have I got myself into" moments.

Indiana Jones & the Temple of the Forbidden Eye (Disneyland Cal). Just the epic scale, design innovation and sheer WOW! factor.. THAT does it for me! there are so many other experiences that rate on an similar scale though; Twilight Zone TOT at any park, Dinosaur, the now defunct Älien Enounter,Test Track, JTTCOTE, The Space Mountain's,.. the list goes on and on - yuh, I'm A Disney park freak through and through :lol: I reckon Indy has the edge.. well at least for what I've experienced anyway

Balder at Liseberg for me, I was sceptical but it blew me away. The haunted house at Liesberg was also amazing - we got chased out of there by meat cleaver wielding mad doctor ghost. Though I have to admit the scariest experience was the SCAD tower at Tivoli Friheden in Denmark - 50 metre free fall into a net.

For me Indian Jones temple of the forbidden eye in California would have to be my all time favorite its a ride on a grand scale and themeing is amazing from the point you line up till you leave the attraction you cant help but take your time so you don't miss a thing. But in saying that tough competition comes from Soarin it has the "WOW" factor, was oh so very impressed loved the music in the ques really sets the mood for the final flight also very impressive piece of technology and Equipment they use.

Edited by klassen24

Miles above anything and everything else I've ever ridden.... Journey to the Centre of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea. Built inside a mountain, amazing theming, a great story with tons of back history, good ride length and the most amazingly fast end to it all... brilliant!

• 1 month later...
I'm a fan of that ride but have only done the one in California. It must be fantastic to experience when there's random programmes to deal with. It's a shame that Batwing or one side of the Giant Drop doesn't have that.
The giant drop is somewhat random because you never know exactly when it will fall...

All time favourite, such a hard choice, there are just so many good rides around the world. I'll break mine down into categories though. ALL time favourite Thrilling ride = Hands down, it's the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Favourite "Wow" factor ride = Soarin, I love that ride (I think I rode it in total around 10-11 times during my visit). The "Fun" ride has got to go to Toy Story Midway Mania, such an addictive game/ ride, and seriously fun. If you're ever over that way, don't discount the ride as being "Childish", it is quite awesome. Coaster Wise, it has got to be X2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Mind you though, Goliath, Tatsu, Terminator Salvation, and the Giant Dipper at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk all came pretty close. X2 just took the cake though for it's "What the Hell have I got myself into" moments.
Yes X2 after waiting inline for 2.5 hours and What the Hell have I got myself into moments awesome