Seaworld and Wet n Wild to have a Dominos outlet

DEAP

Hi All, Just spotted this on www.goldcoast.com.au http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2009/0...coast-news.html

Domino's takes slice of theme parks Geoff Chambers | September 5th, 2009 Related Links Theme park food ban outrage FAST food chains are eyeing off Gold Coast fun parks after Warner Village theme parks last night confirmed it was opening Domino's pizza stores on site next Saturday. The outlets will operate at Sea World and Wet 'n' Wild, opening the window for other major fast food chains to follow suit. Domino's chief development officer Andy Masood said the Domino's 2Go concept would operate alongside existing theme park food options. The announcement comes on the back of Sea World and Movie World last month banning families from taking homemade meals into the two parks. The new franchise agreement is expected to increase theme park food revenue during the lucrative September school holiday period. Have your say on the feedback form below "The Domino's 2Go model, which has been rolled out in sports stadiums across Australia, has been adapted to suit the theme park environment," said Mr Masood. "Customers will be able to choose from selected Domino's menu items, tailored to individual sizes." Warner Village Theme Parks CEO Tim Fisher said in-house food operators would remain open. "We believe the brand will be an excellent fit for our theme parks," said Mr Fisher. He added that Sea World and Wet 'n' Wild staff had undergone training to operate the franchises. Related Coverage * Lunch ban at theme parks * Theme park food ban outrage "This means no jobs will be lost as part of this partnership." "Senior staff from Domino's will be on-site during the initial stages to help the team gear up for the busy holidays ahead." The shopfronts will set up in the Plaza Pie shop at Sea World and Kahuna's at Wet 'n' Wild. The Domino's theme park contract could open the door to other major franchises, including McDonald's and KFC. Community and Cultural committee chairman, Cr Bob La Castra, said he supported cheaper theme park food options but would like to see healthier food on offer. "I would like to see them trying promote an active and healthy lifestyle in our attempt to battle obesity," said Cr La Castra. "I have no problem with using franchises. It may mean more affordable meals for tourists." The Domino's chain is the second biggest in the world, after the Pizza Hut franchise. There are 8500 stores across the globe with a revenue steam of $1.462 billion and 516 stores in Australia and New Zealand.
Interesting to see what this is priced at.

Well in my opinion, it's no different to pizza hut express. We should see the typical combo of a personal pan pizza, a side (garlic bread, gems, maybe even a salad???) and a small drink for (excluding the salad - it would cost more) $7.95. If the pizzas are as big as the ones at Pizza Hut Express, then the pizza, along with a small drink, and some form of side should not exceed $10, and if it is WVTP are robbing us blind.

Well out of the 8 people who voted, 6 prefer Domino's over Eagle Boys. Sadly for me, I'm in the group that doesn't like the stuff at all. I swear they're doing this to me on purpose ;) I got an idea... I really hate nighttime shows at theme parks, new rides, good operational procedures, and customer friendly polices. I also hate things at theme parks that are tastefully done. Come on, disappoint me! In all seriousness though I don't really have an opinion either way. So long as the price matches what Domino's normally charges I don't think I really care. I can't see it going down well if the exact same Pizza all of a sudden has a huge mark up simply because it's in a theme park. Perhaps the only thing I want to know is if we'll still be able to get a meat pie down that end of the park at SW since it was always a nice option when you weren't hungry enough for a full meal.

Edited by joz

Another related thing, but MW was selling Krispy Kreme at Stars Cafe and the newspaper stand today. I don't see why Dominos would be cheaper. At airports (And even at DW for a period) they have those Eagle Boys express outlets where you get individual pizzas, and they are definitley not at 'high street prices'.

wasn't maccas kicked out of disneyland for having too much of a monopoly there? wouldnt this be the same for dominos?
Maccas was ditched because Disney were working towards having kids eat healthier. The results...Disney parks now only have healthy kids meals, and McDonalds no longer have Disney/Pixar themed Happymeals. Edited by Gazza

Maccas was ditched because Disney were working towards having kids eat healthier. The results...Disney parks now only have healthy kids meals, and McDonalds no longer have Disney/Pixar themed Happymeals.
They got named and shamed in Super Size me and Fast Food Nation and within a couple of weeks they boarded up Burger Invasion at DCA and replaced the wagon in Frontier Land with a couple of chairs haha

I'd like to see a McDonalds express installed - you know what you're getting, the quality is reasonable, the menu is familiar, and the profit margins are reasonable for operators. It would also be partially regulated in pricing from head office (I imagine/hope). As far as pizza goes, I prefer Eagle Boys over the other 2 - at least profits stay in the country too. On the food policy - I agree that it stinks. I can understand the no commerically prepared food rule, because otherwise they'd do their F&B department out of business, but a sandwich or packed lunch ban is just ridiculous if you ask me.

Well apparently more australian's prefer Eagle Boys...
I feel like editing that poll because leaving out Pizza Hut is such a glaring omission when you're talking about the big franchise type pizza chains....Cadboy, what were you thinking? Nah, I won't because it would be less fun for Joz Edited by Gazza

ive worked for dominos for 4 years.. theyre a great company. I cant stand Eagle boys they are pathetic. Have you ever noticed that ALL of their ad campaigns try to belittle us in a different way. They cannot find something good about their own product to promote. Heres a statistic for you. In the suburb that we operate, the Eagle boys down the street makes in one week what we make in 1 day!

I really dont want to get into a slagging campaign here, but their products belittle Dominos because they are promoting something dominos doesnt have...for example larger pizzas, freshly made dough, they make less of a cut from cheap tuesday then dominos does for providing a bigger product as well.... But anyway we should be thankful that there now is another option on the menu at the parks

Just because it is another option, doesn't mean it is a good option. I would much rather see a chain fast food place like Subway where you can get something at least a little bit healthy over Eagle Boys where they don't have one main menu item that is one bit healthy. I dont think we should be thankful for this menu option at all....

Don't get too excited folks, you'll only get dissapointed. I seriously do hope that the pricing is not following the real world pricing, which is overpriced as it is (and if we know how this is going to work, expect to pay $10.00 for a personal pan pizza with no sides). All this is though is just a brand recognition scheme. On the subject of pizza at theme parks though, I was suprised at how decent the Cat Dog pizza joint at dreamworld was. Sure it's not a mamma ria's takeaway store, but it was decent quality, and the pricing was also decent for what it included. Certainly one of the better places to eat in the park (Rivertown fast foods used to be good, but since it was turned into a MDMC themed store, it's all pretty much gone to the ****ter). But yes, an interesting move by VRTP's, which for the sake of everyone let's hope it turns out half decent.

ive worked for dominos for 4 years.. theyre a great company. I cant stand Eagle boys they are pathetic. Have you ever noticed that ALL of their ad campaigns try to belittle us in a different way. They cannot find something good about their own product to promote.
The only ad I have seen belittling Dominos is the one that shows how Dominos are much smaller...And I didn't need an ad to tell me that. In the town I used to live in we had a Pizza Hut, but then a Dominos opened (The first in their Victorian expansion from memory) so we decided to give them ago. After we got them we opened the boxes, and we were like :o Is that all?
Heres a statistic for you. In the suburb that we operate, the Eagle boys down the street makes in one week what we make in 1 day!
How do you get the financial results of a competitors store?...I thought they were private?

yet another ridiculous move on part of the new CEO Mr el stingo cost cutter. Unbelievable that he continues to introduce tried and failed ideas from US parks because evidently we are so much like them after all... huh, yeah right! You can get that **** anywhere, why would you want it whilst visiting a Theme Park? And Domino's? ? ? YUK! It's substanded high fat, high GI garbage that will no doubt be offered for the princely sum of over $10 for a single sized pizza that you could probably fit on a side plate.. God I am so glad I don't work for that company anymore, it's all just going to the dogs

Personally, I'm going to wait and see how the prices are. Sure, they might not be a nutritious dining option, but the occasional Domino's pizza anywhere is not going to create health problems. I know I will have one sometimes. Besides, if you're at Wet'n'Wild, you'll be walking it off in no time climbing all those stairs :P

I think we need another on that list - i've started to notice an explosion of pizza capers stores in our local area. I happened to try their "Bonanza" on barbecue sauce. 9 inch bases (bigger than a PPP) cost $10 - with thick sliced, marinated, certified black angus beef. *homer drool* I'd take them anyday.

Unbelievable that he continues to introduce tried and failed ideas from US parks because evidently we are so much like them after all... huh, yeah right! You can get that **** anywhere, why would you want it whilst visiting a Theme Park? And Domino's? ? ? YUK!
To be fair, the UK parks do it too, and I ate at the Pizza Hut at Thorpe Park (Lol and took a photo of the experience) $15 all you can eat: post-88-1252232659_thumb.jpg Can I ask though, if the opening of this outlet causes instability within the parks, resulting in further spread of franchises within them, could you call this process the Domino theory? Edited by Gazza