Movie World Halloween Fright Nights

S.W24

Took about 45 mins to get through SE queue last night, the place was much better and crowds seemed smaller to last weekend. The rain from the storm I found helped with at atmosphere of the place. Queues for everything were reasonable and made the night much better. Definitely going to head to one of the higher priced nights next year.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Just wondering if anyone seen that guy selling t-shirts, he was wearing a police hat, he was pretty funny. He was like dancing to every song near stars. Did anyone else see him?? Cheers Randy23
Did you move up in the world Randall - i thought you were selling the other general merch. A police hat? You mean you had the same "costume" as the first fright night?

I think it is going to be packed at Movie World tonight since it is actually "Halloween". But will it be much bigger then the other Halloween nights this month? And will you actually be able to Trick or Treat there like back in 2006? Anyway I can't wait to hear the feedback from tonight's Halloween and whoever is going, I hope you have a great, SPOOKY time! ^_^ P.S. Here is a couple of videos I've found on You[Tube] of Movie World's Fright Nights. :)"Burlesque Vampire Dance at Movie World" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB8F_OCeq3E "Freestyle MotorX at Movie World" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvK0zYsbBWk...feature=channel "Thriller Dance at WB Movie World Halloween 2009" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDMPGK5Eur0...feature=channel And hopefully more to come. :D - Suhan (James Suhan)

I was there last night, I'll just dot point the whole lot since a play by play report is too much work. -They did get it right in terms of filling the place up with smoke, but the coloured lights around seemed a bit random. -I'd agree with what people have said with respect to lack of actors..There were actors in 2 out of 3 mazes, but in terms of ones out and about in the park there weren't that many, and they didn't really do much (In a couple of cases they were just standing guard at maze entrances). I dunno whether it was their intention to just have it as a sort of event where its just a place for guests to go and play halloween dress ups (And indeed there were a few guests who had gone to great effort) but I reckon next time around they just need actors going around the park whose sole job is to scare people. -I do however give them credit for giving the staff torn uniforms (Even cleaners!) -In terms of rides, we did SE x2, SDSC, WWF, Dodgems...We made no special effort to get on rides really since we stopped of at Dirty Harrys a couple of times, but the crowds weren't too heavy so if you were desperate you could do do all the rides. Regardless, queues weren't bad at all. Superman was the highlight, I think after 10 hours of operation the wheels must warm up, so it speeds over the hills a fair bit. Probably the best ride on it I have done. Scooby was also running well, tons of smoke and lasers, (bar the lack of a final drop laser). I hope they keep it in this state! -I made two attempts to get this witty onride photo I had planned to work (Tried on SDSC and WWF), and failed twice, so I gave up. -Just on SDSC, the queue set up was hillarious. Bedlam manor was built on the right hand side of hall, but the queue was on the left. The SDSC indoor switchbacks were on the open left hand side of the hall, but the queue was on the right :wacko: -As for the mazes, they were all a bit bleh. Again, it came down to there not being enough actors, so there was a fair bit of time just zigzagging around walls with nobody around. -Wild West Falls seemed like a missed opportunity...The western town part of the ride could have had extra actors about. I dunno if they were just reluctant to do it because it was only running for 3 hours. -The Fun House was probably the 'best', since it had the most going on. The big vagina type thing you squeeze through and the bubble machine were all a bit wtf. Unfortunately I didn't catch Ian in there. -Bedlam Manor probably had the most in terms of props, so it did sort of feel like the rooms of a manor. There were a few actors around doing the whole creepy stares thing. -Dragon Alley had no actors. I didn't encounter any live snakes, but I did get tapped in the nuts a few times by rubber things that were attached to the walls. The grand finale was a hallway of palm trees...sooo many palm treees! Just wierd really, I can't remember who made this suggestion, but I reckon they need to replace the palm trees with guys holding axes. -Somehow, we managed to miss all the shows, bar the end of Thriller...next time I guess. -Overall, it was good to be able to visit the park at night, and indeed $40 for the whole affair is still pretty good value (Especially if you made a better effort to go on everything) I reckon it would be worthwhile them having a series of summer nights, not necessarily themed, but just a chance to hit the rides in the dark. Hopefully with future halloween events they can go over and get some ideas from Universal in terms of scare actors, and beef that aspect of the night up a bit. -They all died

Edited by Gazza

-I made two attempts to get this witty onride photo I had planned to work (Tried on SDSC and WWF), and failed twice, so I gave up. -Dragon Alley had no actors. I didn't encounter any live snakes, but I did get tapped in the nuts a few times by rubber things that were attached to the walls. -Hopefully with future halloween events they can go over and get some ideas from Universal in terms of scare actors, and beef that aspect of the night up a bit. -They all died
1 - was it a photo of you playing chess? :P 2- I'm pretty sure the 'nut-busters' were supposed to be the "live" snakes 3- I saw on universal's website though you aren't allowed to dress up :( 4- FMX show?

1 - was it a photo of you playing chess? tongue.gif
It was a variant of this style of photo bubbleworkscalgonfd3.jpg ...I was trying to recreate the napisan commerical, and had gone to the effort getting the container, and producing a towel with grass, coffee and red wine etc on it, but I discovered that even moving at moderate speed causes the towel to flap around and fail. We never rode lethal weapon either, so my 'bubble wrap head padding' photo never got a look in :( Edited by Gazza

It was a variant of this style of photo... We never rode lethal weapon either, so my 'bubble wrap head padding' photo never got a look in :(
lol nice. What company is responsible for LW? Intamin or Vekoma? I mean surely it wouldn't be too hard to pad the seats, even if it was the same sort of stuff they used on TOT, it's soft but still supportive

Just got back from MW and I have to say that for Australia, there was simply no better place to spend this Hallo's Eve!! The place was PACKED! -and I do mean packed.. Not knowing official figures I would have to hazard a guess it was nudging around the 8000 mark but always hard to tell when you don't have the crowd swallowing shows running full swing. No matter which way you look at it, this evening was a MASSIVE success - can't speak for other nights having not been before but everyone was having such an awesome time out there tonight. The word of mouth advertising will surely spin off an even bigger run next year, and, like most other people at this years event Iwill be howling for an even bigger and better time next time around! Top show Movie World!! Even as a past employee I couldn't help but feel proud of the result. I am sure many others out there would agree:)

I went to Warner Bros. Movie World's Halloween Fright Night last night, and while it was my second visit for this year, it was MUCH better than the first. Firstly, the night apparently had just under 2,000 people in the park, while my first visit (October 17th) apparently had 5,000. Tonight (October 31st) is apparently a sell out at around 8,000. The park was great, with the beginning of the night having a fair few actors around Main Street scaring guests. Of course, these actors seemed to disappear later into the evening, accept for one, who was chasing kids up and down the street. The fog throughout the park was thick and made guests (at times) have to put their hands out in front to stop them from running into other guests. The lights, however, were not as good as last year. I don't know why, but last year's lighting seemed to provide more 'wow' than this year's. The shows were really 'meh' this year. Firstly, the rock band was replaced with a stupid vampire show, which was so boring! The Nightmare House film was just two short films thrown together, which left some guests walking out before the second one even started! However, unlike last time, the projectionist fired up the chairs' air puffers right at the end and caused everyone to jump! While cool, it would have been even better if the effects were fired off when the film was at its scariest, not at the end. Superman Escape was running two trains and wait times weren't an issue. Road Runner was only running one, however, wait times were not an issue either. I didn't see Lethal Weapon because when we went over at 8:40pm the queue had already closed -- even though it was meant to close at 9pm and wait times for that ride hardly ever exceed 20 minutes. The mazes on the second visit were MUCH better, despite one. The Fun House was full of clowns and while I am not afraid of clowns, I did still jump in a few spots... and got chased out by a clown (8 out of 10)! The Bedlam Manor was also full of actors and they didn't just stand there like last time -- they were pretending to be wall hangings and dead people -- and really did cause everyone to scream just a little (9 out of 10). The Dragon Alley was very boring on my second visit. I did not see even one actor in the main room, and this type of maze really needs actors, otherwise you are just walking through a pitch-black maze (3 out of 10). What else? There's not much else to add. The night was great and next year's should be even better. However, it does get boring at around 10pm when the actors start disappearing and the guests depart. I think a show in the show stage is a must and more actors in the mazes is essential! Plus, I think we should keep Main Street for live music acts and use the show stage for any real 'shows'. I also am really angry that I missed the Thriller dance... Pictures!

Edited by ash.1111

I had the most fun on the the last Friday and Saturday night. But my highlights of this year event was, the amount of people that ran out of the fun house to get away from me, if anything im helping promote fitness. :) I find it funny Rich, Joz, Clint and Gav came in the funhouse while i was on a break good job boys.

I had the most fun on the the last Friday and Saturday night. But my highlights of this year event was, the amount of people that ran out of the fun house to get away from me, if anything im helping promote fitness. :) I find it funny Rich, Joz, Clint and Gav came in the funhouse while i was on a break good job boys.
could you post a bigger picture of you and the bunny please

Me and my other clowns agree, you were the icing on the cake in the Funhouse. Loved it!post-2600-1257259066_thumb.jpg We went on both the 3rd and 30th of October, heck i would of gone to them all if work wasn't in the way! Awesome time had on both nights, i'll put a few more pics up soon! Good job Movieworld!

Edited by Otto Von Munchkopf

• 1 month later...