My QLD trip

thedivinemiss_m

I’ve just returned from beautiful sunny QLD (well, actually returned on Wednesday night). While up there, my husband and I went to Wet n Wild, Seaworld and Movie World. Wet n Wild is still our fave – we had a blast, and this time, the surfrider was open. Unfortunately the jets weren’t on, and the “pods” didn’t spin most of the time but it was still a lot of fun – I have never screamed so loudly or for so long in my life! Awesome fun to ride though. Went on everything except for a few in the old section of the park, and couldn’t justify lining up for Kamikaze for over an hour. Was a little crowded, but it thinned out in the afternoon. Found the black hole to be darker than it was last time. Also, nearly go squashed by a cloverleaf raft being carried by two very petite teenage girls. As much as I don’t have a prob with climbing stairs with a raft, someone is possibly going to get hurt if they don’t consider a conveyerbelt for the bigger rafts like they have at WhiteWaterWorld. Seaworld was great – I hadn’t been there in almost 6 years, so it was almost a new experience to me. The dolphin show was awesome, and I love shark bay, it’s my dream to have a fishtank like that. Bermuda Triangle was good fun, there was a kid in the seat in front of us who was freaking out a little to her mum, so naturally we stirred the pot and told her how scary it is (cough). Good to see that a lot of the animatronics are still working. Went on the Jet rescue – as much as it is the same coaster design as Mick Doohans Motocoaster at DW, this was so much more fun, seemed quicker as well, both in queuing and the ride itself. Finally got to go on the corkscrew – I loved it, it’s just a fun classic ride. Liked it so much I did it twice! And felt rather ill afterwards. Movie World was good, though we only went on two rides. Went on the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster, it was awesome fun – I had never been on it before, as it was closed when we were up there in November last year. And we went on Superman Escape as well, which is by far my favourite rollercoaster EVER. We wanted to go on Lethal Weapon, but the line was way too long and we had a flight to catch.

Movieworld - I havent been since a work function in (i think) 06 (or 07?) but i didnt like it at all. not my thing and it smelt like urine everywhere. Seaworld - Was everything working in bermuda now? (especially both sides of the water thing through the temple (last time i was there, the left side was completely dry). JetRescue is 15-20kmh faster than MDMC. from memory the ride attendant at DW told me MDMC launches around 62-67kmh. Afaik JR is 85kmh (on both launches) Slightly off topic - has anyone else managed to nearly black out on superman? I was busy looking around from one side to the other and started to black out on the decent off the first hill. lol.

Edited by Gazza
Removed giant quote

No, can't say that I have, but is there a real need to quote post the entire trip report just to reply? it's not like the bits you were responding to were 50 posts back and hard to find, and you didn't single out the individual parts you responded to either - it's just one big block of the exact same thing we saw moment earlier, above your own post... what a waste!

Movieworld - I havent been since a work function in (i think) 06 (or 07?) but i didnt like it at all. not my thing and it smelt like urine everywhere.
Wouldn't you have gone since December 08 onwards to have seen Stunt Driver? I personally have never found MW to smell like urine....I hate to state the obvious, but was it something you were carrying around or someone who you were with all day that was the actual thing that smelled of urine?
JetRescue is 15-20kmh faster than MDMC. from memory the ride attendant at DW told me MDMC launches around 62-67kmh. Afaik JR is 85kmh (on both launches)
http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/drw_2...ame=Motocoaster states MDMC as being 72 km/h http://seaworld.myfun.com.au/Attractions/R.../Jet-Rescue.htm states Jet Rescue as being 70 km/h The reason Jet Rescue feels faster is because its negotiating tighter turns.
and the “pods” didn’t spin most of the time
My tip, but the seats on the pods are placed to be off center from the axle (See http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/AU/Gold_Coas...-Surfrider.html ). Arrange yourself so the heaviest people sit most off center, and you should spin heaps.

@reanimated35, Movieworld didn't smell at all like wee - I guess you were unlucky or perpetually near someone who has a weak bladder/poor hygeine. I guess everything was working in BT, I have only been on it once before, and it was quite a few years ago. I enjoyed movie world. @AlexB, he might have just clicked the wrong button, have a cuppa my friend :P @Gazza, re surfrider, thanks for the tip, I will think of that next time - we were all about the same size (10-15kg varience, all about the same height) so it may not have made a huge diff for us anyway, was just happy to get on it

Seaworld - Was everything working in bermuda now? (especially both sides of the water thing through the temple (last time i was there, the left side was completely dry). JetRescue is 15-20kmh faster than MDMC. from memory the ride attendant at DW told me MDMC launches around 62-67kmh. Afaik JR is 85kmh (on both launches)
I think I read somewhere that JR launches at 60kmph and then is further accelerated to 70kmph on the second launch. Could be wrong but I am sure the second launch is faster than the first.

Nice to see Jet Rescue getting some advertising time as the 'newest ride at Sea World', while Hollywood Stunt Driver is still being quoted as 'the worlds best stunt show' for the holiday advertising period. I'm a little surprised to see that they are not advertising "Pirates", however we might see some adds for it this time next year :P