Getting a summer job at a theme park

mrcraig

Hey team, I'm a long time lurcher first time poster :-) I'm currently over in Wellington NZ and i'm looking to possibly venture over to the gold coast for a few months over summer and, well, have a summer that involve sun! I'm thinking that I it would be awesome to try and get myself a job at one of the gold coast theme parks as a ride op or some form of helper person. :-) I'm not looking for a job that pays the earth, money isn't a big thing I just don't want to have to dent the savings and also I want something to do while I'm over there, even if it is rather repetitive! I presume the parks (especially WnW with their late nights!) have a few seasonal workers that they just take on for a few months over summer holidays. I've got both the myfuncareers and the Dreamworld/WWW job sites bookmarked but given all the insiders that we have here on the boards I thought I chuck a post up and see if there was anyone out there with the knowledge who could help me out with. Stuff I'd really like to know 1) Am I right in presuming these guys take on seasonal workers? 2) Are there a lot of positions out there that need filling? 3) When do they pop up and when do they go back to just having their standard crew? and then basically any stuff that could help me secure one of them like who specifically to contact etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if theres any info that shouldn't really be posted publicly like contact details feel free to PM me :-) Cheers

Yes the parks do take on heaps of seasonal casual staff, including some on working holiday visas. There has already been an intake for the september school holidays but there will be more staff hired as well. The sooner you apply the better. The employment page lists all currently available positions at WVTP (http://myfun.com.au/Employment/Overview.htm). At the moment only F&B attendants at MW and Wnw are advertised but you can always send in a general resume. Those positions are advertised as finishing in mid to late February, although some may be able to continue until the Easter holidays depending on demand.