Blue Lagoon

jjuttp

Hey guys ive just been looking at dreamworld on google maps (souly because sentosa is a few years old and DW is relatively new photo-wise) and i was wondering if blue lagoon still stands or not?
it's all basically still there.. the slides have been removed and pools have been filled in now it's just gathering dust waiting for the 'oneday' enivitable bulldozers to swoon in and 'oneday' make way for a new ride.. Can't see that happening for quite some time though

Ok thanks MickeyD, because i just thought that well for one - it looks like that disney ride (not sure which one though) and that it also looks like a great spot for (if they could get the rights for it though) a Ty The Tasmainian Tiger style thing - i thought this because almost all of the first game in the trilogy is in like a dense rainforest like place and that looks like it could suit perfectly.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I think Gary's meaning is just that the coaster - whatever track or path it may follow - should go 'through' the 'hole in the mountain' at some stage in it's course. Only thought i'm having there is that the 'hole' for a waterslide would be a lot smaller - envelope wise - that what a coaster would require.

The coaster will after leaving the station climb to the top of the mountain, then it would follow the old waterslide track down picking up speed and then it would be a normal thrilling rollercoaster with some loops.

Sorry but you're not really being realistic. Look at the tightness of the turns of the water slide compared to the radius you need on even a low speed kids coaster, and importantly the space from one turn to the next to change banking directions: post-88-0-90045100-1361868809_thumb.jpg You wouldn't be able to pick up much speed through such a tight set of turns without the lateral G forces on the coaster being too high. Also, how are you supposed to have a "thrilling rollercoaster with some loops" when the coaster is only as high as the volcano? You'd need to be starting from a height of 25-30m or so to have enough speed for inversions. Edited by Gazza

Anyone under 18 probably wouldn't even remember blue lagoon - so the nostalgia value would be lost on most

I remember it, and remember going accidentally before the green light on the ride you're talking about. However, your point is true as I'm probably the only person my age that shows this much interest into themeparks and their history.