New Ride Additions for 2010?

cadboy

I am interested in seeing everyone's opinion on what rides you think are in store for our parks in 2010. I personally hope MW is in for a big new thrill ride. Considering it has almost been 3 years since Batwing I think it is about time they added something extra to the line up. I hope for a new rollercoaster, wooden perhaps, something filled with speed, airtime and headchoppers. Something that will really bring the Western area back to life. I think W'n'W could receive another addition as they are relatively cheap and Terror Canyon is in need of a replacement/repair. The H20 zone could do with another thrill attraction to improve capacity. A bowl slide or two (for improved capacity) would be great here; each enclosed and decked out with lights, music etc. etc. W'n'W are also currently lacking a dark mammoth slide which would do nicely in place of TC. As for the other parks... SW have received a nice round of additions in the last little while and with the new show and Sea Viper ride I think 2010 will be a quiet year. WWW will probably just stay the same, though I would love to see the proposed expansion go ahead. DW could do with another thrill ride which I hope will eventuate in 2010, who knows. So what do you think could be in store for 2010? Let the speculation/hopes/rumors begin...

I do think (And hope!) next year will see larger stuff at all the parks... DW is going to have to do something to combat falling attendances, and they are sort of due for a bigger ride next year if GoGoBoys 3 year rule ends up holding true. I'm not sure if it would be a thrill ride (Who knows what they are thinking really?) but it probably would be a bit substantial. WhiteWater World I'm unsure about. The previously submitted plans to council would be virtually out the window because AVPX is now standing where the mammoth slides were proposed to go. Attendance is going up by itself, and is pretty much just fuelled by world pass sales. I guess if they are happy for this to be how they operate (As an add on rather than an attraction unto itself) then I don't see any major rate of expansion. Wet 'n' Wild, yeah I can see something going in....There's really not a lot left in the manufacturer catalogues for them to pick from (And fortunately, its mostly only good stuff). The dark mammoth slide is actually something I myself have considered for as logical replacement for Terror Canyon since it would fit in well, and all the infrastructure is already there. 4 person cloverleaf's on a single slide would match the capacity of double rafts across two slides as Terror Canyon. Though I have stated in the past, I think a Bowling Alley, or a Tantrum Alley would be perfect to build in that location. Movie World & Sea World (I'm listing these two together as it always seems as if one park or the other is the main focus in a given year)....I'm hoping for a new ride at one or the other (since both parks have gotten/are getting major shows). I'm also expecting something good...I mean when you get down to it, Have WVTP opened a bad ride in recent years? Of course, all of this is just personal speculation.

Edited by Gazza

argh my favourite topic.. good old armchair imagineering! I'm probably going to echo much of what's already been said: DW - High time for some major new pull here and it's surely a given that big capital is heading north Coomera's way for 2010. I suspect they will do something a little 'left field' - perhaps developing an entirely new 'world' featuring not one, but a few new attractions to occupy the old Blue Lagoon site as well as involving existing surrounding Goldrush & Rocky Hollow areas. It would be an historical themed area of the Park that would not only feature some plussing of old favourites like the rapids and the log ride but see the return of the Park favourite Mine ride re-jigged for 21st century. The sloping landscape of the old Blue Lagoon site would make an ideal location for a next generation water roller coaster flume style ride. Such a new area would have broad appeal drawing all areas of the market - not just teens or people seeking raw thrills. Sure, I'm probably talking around the 20 Mil mark for all of this (at least) but that's really the kind of capital boost DW needs to get back on track. WWW - meh, agreed with Gazza, WWW is a value added extra to DW and given it's doing it's job quite well I can't see any major plans moving forward, perhaps just one or two extras added to the existing grounds. WNW - Without a doubt will add something new (they always do!) As others have suggested H20 Zone and back of white water mountain are obvious because there aren't a lot of other places spare. The water parks adding stuff doesn't really excite me. Sure they are a great place to cool off and run off useless energy, relax and play etc but to me they are just the 'fun'parks of the 'theme' park world, no matter how good you make em. SW - Despite the fact that SW has only just added a new ride in Christ know's how many years, I suspect this is not the last new addition of steel fun on the relative short term for the fish park. Most of you might recall the tentative plans pledged for a water coaster (similar to Atlantis at SW USA parks) that was suggested for the front of the Park? I believe that was the 1st choice and the council's restrictive height code forced the jetrescue decision. Or was it that there are several projects in the pipe? WVTP's don't easily back down once they make up their mind on something.. Sooner or later I believe they will have their way to have certain laws 'relaxed'. MW - Will continue to be DW's direct competition in 2010. Whatever DW do, as I suggested they will want to do it well enough to regain some ground in the Gold Coast Theme Park stakes. Expect MW are planning to stay one step ahead of them with a two-punch hit. -Especially now with their winning over the locals with cash lucrative Annual pass sales. The Western area of the Park is an obvious location and if DW go hard, then cross your fingers that MW will whack in a couple of new attractions next year too! I only pray that if they do just that then Poor old Looney Tunes & Batride get some much needed TLC for 2011..

DW is going to have to do something to combat falling attendances, and they are sort of due for a bigger ride next year if GoGoBoys 3 year rule ends up holding true. I'm not sure if it would be a thrill ride (Who knows what they are thinking really?) but it probably would be a bit substantial.
Haha I love the fact that you brought up my 3 year rule. I guess I have mentioned it enough times by now. Don't let me down Dreamworld! I agree they are going to need to do something major (and I'm not talking interactive attractions like laser and bowling) to put a stop to the falling attendances. I am an Ardent Leisure shareholder and I am here to say I don't care if they take some of my dividend for the year and put it towards a big new ride. I can see the need for this in terms of Dreamworld's long term health. I certainly would like to see an expansion for WhiteWater World although I was very disappointed to read your remark Gazza that AVPX has been built in the area previously allocated for expansion. I agree we don't need to see a massive expansion all in one hit but at least something. I am fairly sure we will see a significant new ride/attraction for either Dreamworld or WhiteWater World in the second half of next year. Although I probably shouldn't say that out loud as I might jinx it

I was just researching USS to see what new I could find on the subject and there was this.. "Themed after DreamWorks Animation’s blockbuster movie Madagascar, Madagascar: A Crate Adventure will be a mega-attraction at Universal Studios Singapore when it opens in early 2010. Widely successful across audiences of all ages, the hit DreamWorks Animation film will be brought to life with a state-of-the-art indoor boat ride featuring animated figures, digital projection, evocative sound, and special effects that create a one-of-a-kind, funny and fun family ride." - Read about this for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it's since got me thinking.. I reckon MWs next big thing for 2010 will be a LTRR overhaul :excl: