JD_bunnies_supporter

Why do some american parks close for long periods for time?

9 posts in this topic

Well I guess it would have to do with the weather. Roller coasters wouldn't be able to operate with buckloads of snow coming down. It would also be VERY cold to go to a park when it's snowing.

Just looking at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandusky,_Ohio#Climate The average maximum temperatures in the closed months: November: 9 C December: 3 C January: 0 C February: 2 C March 7: C April 13: C Barely any people would go because its too cold, a bunch of stuff like the water rides wouldn't operate, they'd need extra staff to clear snow off the pathways, and the lubricants on coaster wheels tends to seize up a bit so there is the risk of stalling.

Edited by Gazza

I spent last Saturday at Six Flags Great Adventure and the temperature didn't get above 5 degrees all day. It was freezing cold, miserable and Kingda Ka was bordering on ridiculously painful. If I wanted that experience, I would have got people to slap me in the face with bags of frozen peas while sitting in a supermarket freezer!

Would that count as a credit?* * Credit is used here solely in light of the fact a joke is being made. Does not want to actually be slapped with bags of peas for use of the word on these forums ;):P