Scenic Railway Counterweight

pinksmile

Guys !! Someone please tell me, did they keep the aerial counterweight system or did they get rid of it when they installed the new scenic railway ? i cannot find any recent uploaded pictures or photos etc etc on the internet anywhere that indicate they are still using it. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ?????

• 1 month later...

Pinksmile might need some counselling if it turns out they stopped using it!

I may indeed need something, as the Scenic Railway Counterweight is NO LONGER in service as the equipment they are using now does not require the Counterweight to help haul the train . I am heartbroken. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this topic over the past few years it has been great. Thanks

Thanks Pinksmile. I am planning to visit ScenicWorld in September so I will do some investigation and see what has changed. The new Scenic trains look excellent and I am looking forward to riding it to compare to the old train. Please note the complete lack of sarcasm in this post. :-)

Edited by Jobe

• 7 years later...
On 30/11/2011 at 8:52 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Judging by the angle, i'd say the photo is taken from the southern cafe deck, which justs out beyond the counterweight's anchor point, and not a rock climber. It's kind of difficult to climb (legally) around scenic world's attractions - they get a little upset about things like that.

No, it is not taken from the Southern Cafe Deck. It looks to have been taken by someone climbing Orphan Rock. There is no other place it could have been taken from to give that perspective.

• Gazza locked this topic