Girl hurt at amusement park

Daniel

Taken from www.news.com.au Girl hurt at amusement park January 11, 2004 A SIX-year-old girl was today in a stable condition after being seriously injured in an amusement park accident on the Gold Coast overnight. She suffered head injuries when she fell from a ride at a Broadbeach amusement park. She was airlifted by the Careflight Helicopter from the Gold Coast Hospital to the intensive care unit at Brisbane's Mater Children's Hospital at 3am today. AP Does anybody know the story? What happened? What kind of ride did she fall from? Maybe our northern brothers can help out with this one?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amusement park in question isn't an amusement park as such, but is a bunch of portable rides set up for the holidays. The rides consist of a scrambler, ferries wheel, dodgem cars and one or two others. The rides have been set up along the beach, opposite Broadbeach primary school, and are only open from around 7 till 10pm. This accident has surprised me quite a bit, because its the first piece of evidence I've come across to suggest people actually go on those rides.

yeah bad news, this is great for the industry :( . Now public liability may go up again. I saw this exact same carnival in September 2001, next to the OASIS Shopping Centre. I also visited the Rye Beach Carnival on Thursday night, pretty good!. Mad Mouse, that crashed at the Melb Show, was running perfect, much smoother than at the show. All in all, 2004 Rye carnival is kinda good. O'Neill's Fabbri Ranger, Pirate and Rainbow didnt make an appearance, but the rest was fun :D

The fact is a girl was seriously hurt on an attraction. Now that ride, djrappa, could be at a major theme park or a local carnival... all parks, big and small should take this incident seriously. Anyway aren't we all compassionate humans... instead about arguing about amusement parks/carnivals, shouldn't we be seeking to ensure the girl has a speedy recovery :idea:

Are you trying to tell me Chip that it takes you 45 minutes to post a one line message? If it does then you brain is much slower than I appreciated. BTW you still haven't answered my question, which I think proves that you don't read the messages before you post. "The Bus is now leaving for Yemen"

Oh yes I'm not in any way trying to play down the seriousness of the incident and I do indeed hope the girl is okay. I just don’t think it's fair to phrase it like that as it immediately puts doubts in peoples minds about the more reputable amusement facilities. I'm never surprised to see incidents like this at carnivals as I know how they are run. Amusement parks tend to be in a bit of a different class. For the record my gripe was with the media, not Chippy.