iPod/iPhone Game & App Developmen

Gold Coaster

Just wondering if anyone here has an interest in developing some projects for the iPhone/iPod Touch devices. I'm going to look at purchasing a Macbook Pro in the near future but at the moment my only Apple platform (aside from my iPhone) is a 10.2 iMac G4 & have to get the software reinstalled. My plan is to do some simple-but-fun stuff as we learn and develop an RCT style tycoon game. It would work off a grid that could be toggled off and on. My plan is to utilise the ability to have DLC. That way, we could release the game itself at a low price point like $3-4 then release additional attractions, rides, sideshows etc. We would also look at developing a community around park-sharing, maybe have a voting system where people can nominate favourite parks, best parks for layout, best for thrills, best for theming etc. Awards could then translate into bringing more virtual guests into winning parks & perhaps unlock hidden content. A DLC pack could include the abilty to construct your own coaster track/slides etc. Also, apparently Apple returns 70 cents of the dollar from sales so that's a pretty nice margin. Anyone up for it?

^^ Yes. I started programming when I was really little - good ol' GWBASIC then have done QuickBASIC, Visual Basic, Turbo Pascal, C++ etc ... QuickBASIC was THE in-thing in high school lol :P ^ Where do you live again? There's other areas than programming I'm sure you could help out in. Are you good at drawing/3D modelling and animation, music composing, anything like that?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there, I am currently constructing some applications for the iPhone/iPod touch. I am fairly new to programming with only a week of experience. I currently own an intel based Macbook Pro (late 2009 model), and have all of the required programs including Photoshop CS4 Extended and Apple's Dev tools. I am currently reading the book "Beginning iPhone Development, Edition 3". I will be actively willing to help in the production of this Application.

• 1 year later...

you guys should defiantly start making this again. Instead of the low price then having to keep getting new stuff start at a higher price. I hate when I buy an app and find out that I have to pay more for extra stuff. You should also make it for iPad! and release a lite version for free.

Edited by chop2332