MTV show for Christmas

Sorry guys and girls only caught part of this because I was on the phone at the time. Media release just came across on the radio about a new attraction for xmas. Something about someone famous going to Dreamworld today to launch a new MTV attraction for xmas.

Edited by skeetafly

For four weeks this summer, MTV will plug into Dreamworld with an Australian theme park first, as some of the nation’s coolest celebrities mash together the best of MTV in explosive, live and entertaining shows. Part stunt show, part game show, full of pumped up music and always focused on fun, the 30 minute high-powered shows will take the raddest elements off the MTV channel and into a live audience. Held three times a day at Dreamworld studios, the shows will run from December 26 through to January 22.
Doesn't make a whole lotta sense... we thought Hollywood Stunt Driver was an incohesive show. "raddest elements"... Sounds like the kinda language MTV would have used 15 years ago. And at any rate aren't the "raddest elements" of MTV bad celebrity reality shows and repetitive music. Well, at least it's good to see Dreamworld once again forging its own identity and brand that'll serve them well for years to come.

Some googling turned up some details of the show, some of the wording is slightly different to what Richo got:

For four weeks this summer, MTV will plug into Dreamworld with an Australian theme park first, as one of the nation’s best known VJs and some of the coolest celebrity guests mash together the MTV experience in an explosive, exciting and entertaining way. Part stunt show, part game show, and always focused on kids of all ages, the 30 minute high-powered show will take the raddest elements off the MTV channel and into a live Dreamworld audience three times a day. Extreme stunts, mind-blowing dance moves, awesome music and hilarious comedy are central to the arena experience, with MTV’s current crop of hit shows used for inspiration and audience participation playing a huge role. The 30 minute extravaganza features: • Extreme bike stunt work – including quarter pipe tricks (inspired by “Nitro Circus”) • Breathtaking breakdancing (“America’s Best Dance Crew”) • Crazy quiz show segments (“Fan VS Band” and “Americas Most Smartest Model”) • Damn funny pranks (“Punk’d” and “Jackass”) • The hottest music videos and performances on giant screens The MTV channel is aimed at 12 to 29 year olds, but every Dreamworld guest will be entertained – Boomers to Gen Xers, Gen Ys and younger - by a pumping soundtrack that covers all the legends from AC/DC to Spice Girls and from Nirvana to Lady Gaga. Tying it all together on a stunning stage, not to mention dropping the most pumping tunes, hyping the crowd and shredding on the guitar, will be a charismatic (yet-to-be-named) super DJ host and some of the coolest Aussie celebrity guests.
post-88-1257390181_thumb.jpg Edited by Gazza

From www.goldcoast.com.au THE world of VJ Ruby Rose turned upside down today as she rode her first ever theme park thrill ride, as part of the launch of the new summer attraction for Gold Coast theme park, Dreamworld. Over four weeks from December 26, some of Australia's most recognisable faces will present a live amphitheatre show called MTV Plugs Into Dreamworld, with a mix of music, stunts and games. Just before hopping on The Claw, Ruby said the show will run three times a day with celebrity hosts. "It's the best that MTV has, like Nitro Circus, Jackass and things, so you'll have stunts, it'll involve the audience ... and at the moment we're working out when I can come, hopefully for a week or so and be part of it as well," she said. Dreamworld CEO, Noel Dempsey, said it's the the union of the biggest youth brand in the world with the biggest theme park in the country. "We're taking (MTV) from the screen and putting into a show-based format .. it's going to be loud, music's going to be pumping, great energy ... and it's going to go off." Stepping off The Claw, Ruby said apart from a relatively tame roller-coaster it was the first ride she'd ever been on. "I was deprived as a child, I grew up in the country and we never had cash for things like this so it's fun to do it now as an adult. "I used to climb trees - that was my ride - climbing a tree then breaking something, so it wasn't quite as safe as this atmosphere - and not as fun." From the article above: "Dreamworld CEO, Noel Dempsey, said it's the union of the biggest youth *brand* in the world with the biggest theme park in the country." Noel Dempsey is starting to scare me. I never hated the word “brand” until Dreamworld added it into everything they did.

Realistically what else could they do for the holidays at this point? They could do the Extreme World thang again, this time on the old Blue Lagoon site. But that'd only mean a couple of spin and spews, nothing to get excited about. Park-wide bush Christmas would be good with Santa and various theming everywhere. Maybe something to consider for next year. I am keeping an open mind on this show. Better this than nothing at all.

Gazza your little cartoon showing a Dreamworld 'board meeting' was hilarious and very accurate. I think this sounds pretty awful but again I don't think it's meant to be anything major. They have to put on these shows during peak times to offer a bit more variety. I don't think it's being put in as an alternative to a new ride... something we are all hoping for

Source? If this is true it can't be very big to open by easter no construction has even started in the park.
Let us cast our minds back to Kamikaze. It was approved early June, and didn't open until the 2nd of October, so 3 and a half months basically. 2 Months before opening I can remember it being nothing more than dirt. If this is actually happening, you wouldn't see any construction till the new year. Edited by Gazza

Let us cast our minds back to Kamikaze. It was approved early June, and didn't open until the 2nd of October, so 3 and a half months basically. 2 Months before opening I can remember it being nothing more than dirt. If this is actually happening, you wouldn't see any construction till the new year.
Yer, but what if it is the expansion if there is no construction for that by the end of the year you won't see that by easter. Also Kamikaze is not too big and the pipes do not take much time att all to install.

I believe this show will be pretty solid, I know some people working on and it's not going to be a half assed theme park attempt at a show. It is actual MTV producers putting on a pro show, which might be a fresh change for the Gold Coast theme park industry.

The ad looks good but it seems they've put quite a bit of effort into it considering it is just a (temporary) live show. Don't know if it's worthy of its own TVC. On another note I see Village is continuing with the heavy discounting with the introduction of an endless summer pass. I wonder when/if they are going to let up

It is a cool ad, but I wouldn't look at it as any sign as to the longevity of the attraction... when you think about it it's more or less on par with the average spot that TV stations can whip up on the fly for even relatively minor promotions. I doubt any additional expense went into producing it; it was probably just part of the contract that MTV would produce all the relevant TV material.

The new ride you've all been hoping for is happening in WWW in time for easter next year. MTV show is only for the holidays and a crowd soaker - If you don't want to see it when you visit the park then don't go and watch the show.
Post #73 Dreamworld Australia wrote - about an hour ago Hi Jason, That is a rumour and also an idea at present. just like all the other ideas on the discussion board. Im here more to get ideas on what you would like to see than to give any startling revelations. Best i can say is you will here it here first. Well hopefully, their's always a few that can sneak a secret through.

• 2 weeks later...