Ardent Leisure buys Q Deck Gold Coast

GoGoBoy

It looks like Ardent Leisure (owners of Dreamworld and WhiteWater World) have snapped up the Q Deck Observation Deck in the Q1 building in Surfers Paradise. The company that previously owned the attraction went into receivership I believe due to unrelated debt issues but the Q Deck itself is a profitable business. This means Ardent probably got a good deal on the purchase price. It also seems to be a good fit with their other leisure businesses including Dreamworld. The press release with further information can be found here: http://clients.weblink.com.au/clients/arde...sp?view=2572217

I finally got bothered enough to check the meaning of Ardent. Here's what google's define gave me: Full of ardor; fervent, passionate; Burning; glowing; shining 1. Fervent Leisure? 2. Passionate Leisure? (this is their Adult division) 3. Burning Leisure? (what we'd like to do with some parts of dreamworld) 4. Glowing Leisure? (:huh:) 5. Shining Leisure? (about the only definition that comes close to what they might have been aiming at....)

I agree it's a bit of a strange name. In an article I read recently I think the CEO said that it was meant to reflect the passion they have for the company. Therefore your number 2 option would be most appropriate... minus the adult industry connotations. I also heard they had to come up with a name fairly quickly after the split from Macquarie was decided on and apparantley that's a hard thing to do with many company names already taken. I think they place more emphasis on the branding of the individual leisure businesses as opposed to the parent company

Here are some irrelevant statistics about the v8 supercar simulators. Bob Tan is in the top 100 list 30 times. Kim Hill is in the top 100 list 20 times Bob and Kim are in the top 100 at 50% Boys are better simulators driver then girls. Bob has driven car # 14 14 times in the top 100. Bob has driven car # 88 16 times in the top 100. Bob has only driven car #14 & #888 in the top 100 Bob drives fords faster then he drives Holden’s. Kim has only driven car # 51 in the top 100. Kim is scared about driving any other car or has the hots for Greg Murphy. Bob is a better driver then Kim. Final findings FORDS ARE BETTER THEN HOLDENS.

Final findings FORDS ARE BETTER THEN HOLDENS.
*Disclaimer: (choose the most appropriate)
  1. Only when said fords are computer generated
  2. Only when mounted in a stationery position
  3. Only when driven by amateurs
  4. Except in case of the introduction of plastic bags to the race track
The choice of vehicle by certain drivers (or race teams as the case may be) is dependant more on personal preference, or corporate marketing. So statistically, if the better driver chooses consistently to drive the same vehicle, the stats will skew in favour of that vehicle (take a look at Whincup - and then watch next year when 888 goes red). Your final findings only show that more ford fans choose to pay money on a simulator. You will probably find the Holden fans did something smarter with their money - like visiting WVTP instead.