Paid Parking

123daz

there would be a lot of expense which they couldn't justify just to install meters, security etc.
But the cost of parking meters and enforcement works out less then the money that gets collected over time. That's why places charge for parking. That said, I don't see it happening, we don't have the same culture as the US as charging exorbitant amounts for parking everywhere you go....It wouldn't be accepted by the public here. Edited by Gazza

I agree the cost of a few booths and staff would not be that much. And how many parking spots are there, Lets say 750 x $5 for parking = $3750 per day x 7 = $26250 a week x 52 = $1365000 per year = a new ride or 1/4 of a decent rollercoaster paid for in a year aleast then they would have capital to spend on the parks How many millions in parking do DL/DCA, US and MM make per year.

Wonderland originally had "toll booths" to get into the car park their remains are still there. I don't think they lasted long and I have no idea what they charged. Personally I would object to paying for parking at a theme park, as I do anywhere else and if I can avoid it I will by doing a bit of a dodgy move and getting free or very reduced parking cost. Wait what am I saying, the toll both remains are long gone just like the rest of the park. Bussy

Last time I paid for parking at WLS, it was about $5 for the day. The expenses would have been a bit higher than the above math, as you had attendants all across the parking lot directing traffic to fill one section before opening the next. I think they economised though, by multitasking their staff, as they didn't need to have all booths open all day, but in the leadup to opening time, many of the booths were opened up. Of course, this was when you could still buy the "eye-spy" keyring photos as well... and that was a long time ago.