Dreamworld introduces peak and off-peak pricing

Parkz News

One would like to think that this means the off peak pricing will now be cheaper, but in reality, the off peak price will be the current price, with a higher premium price charged for peak season, above and beyond the current gate charge - it's just another upcharge! (except this time it didn't cost them anything to install) Why Not? Christmas is already the worst time of the year to visit, given the unreliable weather, overpacked crowds of people waiting in queues longer and longer - why WOULDN'T you want to pay more to go at that time of the year? If I were a parent, and I planned to take my kids to Dreamworld, i'd pull them out of school and do it when it's off peak - missing a week of school isn't that bad - we did it while I was studying my school certificate - for 4 weeks - to go to the US... and I still topped out... One more reason why I won't be going to dreamworld for a long time. As an afterthought, weren't dreamworld the ones who advertised the hell out of the fact that their version of the VIP pass didn't have christmas lockout? isn't that why WVTP dropped their lockouts? Have dreamworld just realised that by blowing their load on cheap local discount tickets, they now need more gate revenue over the Xmas period to make up for it? Maybe this is the reason for the upcharge... BOOOOOOOO DREAMWORLD.

Alex, I totally disagree with you :) I think its a good idea given it may help to even out the attendance levels during summer. I don't have an issue of peak and off peak pricing, though it depends on how much they are planning on making it. If the normal price stays the same this year and the peak price isn't to much of a premium then I have no issue at all. No the idea of a different price depending on the time of year doesn't bother me in the slightest so long as its not excessive. Having said that, the age for free entry being reduced sucks hard, (and I don't care if that now brings it into line with WVTPs it still sucks), and if the peak pricing finishes on Jan 26, then why does the MTV show finish Jan 22?

I will only go to Theme Parks when I know it's not going to be busy (Overcast day or not school holidays). I wouldn't even consider going during the peak peroid times as shown in the article so this pricing wouldn't effect people like me. I would also think charging more may make people wait till it's off-peak time to visit Dreamworld. Thus making making it less busier during peak times. But I would think most people would just arrive at the ticket gates and then be hit by the price rise un-knowingly.

Prices are as follows, with peak seasons from 26th Dec - 26th Jan. DREAMWORLD: $75 and $49 - Peak $72 and $45 - Off Peak WHITEWATER WORLD PRICING: $49 and $34 - Peak $45 and $30 - Off Peak 2 DAY WORLD PASS PRICING: $109 and $79 - Peak $99 and $69 - Off Peak 1 DAY WORLD PASS PRICING: $89 and $62 - Peak $85 and $59 - Off Peak To be honest I was expecting a bit more of a difference but anyway, that's the prices.

Prices are as follows, with peak seasons from 26th Dec - 26th Jan. DREAMWORLD: $75 and $49 - Peak $72 and $45 - Off Peak
Wow even the off peak price has been increased, I hoped it would have stayed at $69, after all no major attractions have been added. Anyone think that WVTP will follow suit or keep their ticket prices the same to keep a competitive edge?