historic dreamworld

jakeman398

From memory, Casey the Clown was a Tony Laffan character, and I don't think it lastest much beyond when Tony's contract ended. He still takes Casey on the road occasionally. It was a few years ago now, but he performed at the australia day celebrations at penrith regatta centre. I think he and Casey Laura (his current assistant) had taken on a large stage act contract a while ago, but i think it ended recently. Not sure what he's doing now. I'd love to see him open a spellbinding sorcery style show at DW or MW... I always loved the millenium magic show, even though I knew half the secrets. As to the other characters - it seems characters are getting phased out all over - you don't see many characters these days at the parks, except for "face" characters at MW (and scooby). The parks need more wandering characters, IMHO.

• 5 months later...

Sure, they're unique magical characters that we can remember all these years later, but where's the corporate tie in? Where's the brand leveraging? No wonder Dreamworld is so much more beloved now then it used to be... Seriously, fantastic photos and vid, not sure how I missed this thread in it's first life. If anyone has anything similar be sure to post!

Edited by joz

found an old park guide today!!!!!!!!!!!! to bad it's in Japanese?!?! sorry just scanned them and didn't crop, shouldn't matter though
Amazing how well thought out and planned the park used to look. It was a true theme park. Now you have random ugly out-of-place attractions like AVPX and redline slapped around the place. Not to mention other rides being ripped out and others placed in a themed zone that doesn't match the theme at all

• 1 month later...
found an old park guide today!!!!!!!!!!!! to bad it's in Japanese?!?!
I think the map is from 1987. Using the low resolution English copy available here, I translated your higher resolution one. Here's a collection of Dreamworld's maps at the Dreamworld Dreamsite. post-2117-1279266256_thumb.jpg
Now you have random ugly out-of-place attractions like AVPX
I wouldn't call AVPX ugly. It's the best attraction they have installed for years. I do agree it doesn't fit the theme for Ocean Parade though - but Adrenalin Alley...?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...