Favourite Ride Soundtracks

Gazza

I'm with you Gazza - iPod, Laptop, Media Centre, Car.... i travel with some of these wherever I go...

• Of course the entire Wonderland Park instrumentals (you'd think in all the time I worked there, I would get sick of it - but it's strangely comforting - I suppose from all the good memories I had).
  • 'Le Carnaval des Animaux' by Camille Saint-Saëns is the main element in the soundtrack of my absolute all time favourite attraction (pre-refurb) - 10 bonus points to the one who names which ride and park this one is from...
  • Scooby Doo - MXPX
  • I could be happy - Altered Images (another wonderland one)
  • Spybreak - Propellerhead (show intro PA announcement for millennium magic)
  • Wake Up - Rage Against the Machine (show intro for millennium magic)
  • When You Wish upon a star (the original Disney closer from pinocchio - don't know the artist)
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room - Hilary Duff (remake)
  • Grim Grinning Ghosts - (don't know, but I think Bare Naked Ladies did a remake)
  • Zip A Dee Doo Dah - (Splash Mountain Version, not song of the south)
  • Yo-Ho (pirates of the caribbean - don't know artist, but i love the curse of the black pearl version too)

Yep - mainly disney and our local parks, but rarely am I far without at least one of them. Tiki Room, Carnival, and I could be happy are on prime rotation though. On a side list, ones I don't consider "strictly" theme park are the movie themes used in attractions - Batman, Superman, Back to the Future, Gremlins, Police Academy....

For me, it's quite obvious to those who know me that I absolutely adore Disney, and my love for their music is no exception. I do have a rather large collection of Disneyland music (from the 50th "Musical History of Disneyland" collection. Love it. However a notable mention has to go out to X2's and Terminator Salvation's soundtrack at Six Flags Magic Mountain. They aren't as classic as the Disney stuff, but damn they are very good.

Top Thrill Dragster: Ready To Go, Republica - I now have such a positive association with that song that I find it impossible to dsilike it, and I always thought of CP whenever I heard it on those ads, I think it subliminally made me keep going back to CP. On Cedar Point, they have DJ operating in some of the queues which is great on a hot summer night. I also like the Millennium Force theme, which is a dedicated piece of music for the ride.