A Current Affair - 'Theme Park Heaven' segment

cadboy

The family scored Sea World the same as Dreamworld - 10/10 across the board. The teens didn't, for obvious reasons, so i think Sea World did well out of that - because families are their main demographic. Dreamworld the same - Thrills are what they try to market, so getting the teens vote is easy. The family one I was a little shocked over, but considering Nickelodeon and Wiggles, the younger kids didn't do too badly out of it. Surprisingly, while voting DW as the best park, MW got voted the best coaster in Superman (and mick doohan didn't get a look in). While the investigation is great, it is obvious the parks went all out for the film crew's visit - MW had street performers playing up for the camera all the way down mainstreet - so of course the parks controlled what they actually got to see and do, and were very accomodating to the film crew. Queuing wouldn't have been an issue either, which is a problem. These guys would have had the attractions without queues, obviously because the film crew had most attractions rigged with cameras - so I ask - how would they rate it if they visited without a film crew and had to wait in line all day? We also featured the Q4U, and as we all know, on a busy day, a Q4U is almost a necessity at Dreamworld, however, not so much at the other parks? WWW also rated higher than WnW I think... Obviously all parks gave their best to cooperate with the film crew, and i guess it's possible just the cynical view I've come to have about DW that I look for reasons to disbelieve the stats (but this isn't necessarily an undeserved cynicism at DW either) . At the end of the day, all the parks were well represented, with two or so attractions from each park featured. Each park had about the same air time, and if it helps to increase the tourism dollars flowing through them, i'm all for it. One thing I am disappointed in is that the start of the story promised to give info on the best deals, or best value park, and the only info was to give the Dreamworld.com and myfun.com websites. I would have thought they'd tee up a "special offer for ACA viewers". At the end of the day, nothing will draw me back to Dreamworld until they install a decent, worthwhile attraction. I'm not just talking a coaster, but just something that isn't designed to milk guests of every dollar, and is actually installed with some thought to theming, capacity, and overall experience, instead of going right to the bottom line.

^I've moved all the posts into the one topic.

Surprisingly, while voting DW as the best park, MW got voted the best coaster in Superman (and mick doohan didn't get a look in).
Well, the visitors pretty much said it's because DW has more to do. This is what sort of bugs me...MW clearly can produce the better attractions, but there simply aren't enough of them. If they were a bit more agressive in bulking up the ride count then they could well and truly get a lock on the market.

^^^ Agreed, however they would have to take over part of the carpark to do anything more. They can't built backwards, WB kids is walled in on that side, and while the studios do have spare space, I would think they might just need a little buffer zone between the studios and the noisy attractions. I know it's easy to filter out background noise but its an easier job to do if you're not intentionally causing it.

It would be nice to see a new attraction installed at Movieworld. A group of us went today and with Batwing down and many major rides only having 1 operator, the queues were fairly long. SDSC was really poor, the disco room was not dark with minimal fog and only a handful of lasers. A little disappointing considering it just came out of a maintenance session. In all I really hope that MW can come up with a bunch of new quality attractions to increase the ride count while ensuring that the quality of former 'star' attractions does not drop.