Luna Park Holiday Rides

Jobe

In full honesty, I would say they may have spent the amounts trying to maintain their position as an amusement park, but they seemed to have made an unfair compromise by trying to lower the noise level, meaning taking away good rides. What's the Big Dipper entrance doing there if it doesn't exist anymore, only to have the Tumblebug in its place? That doesn't mean that the park has gone bad, but they could have improved on it if they had a chance. Seriously, some of LPS former rides were taken off to make room for the unnecessary additions. The Big Top seems to be a waste of space as no one uses it except on certain occasions, and in some cases, at night time. This is an amusement park! Not some night-club/concert place. Doesn't the city have enough concert venues and dance clubs or something? Oh, perhaps in the future they might scrap Maloney's Corner and replace it with a movie theatre or something, and that means more rides will be taken off, which is really ridiculous. Let LPS leave the entertainment aspect to Greater Union, Hoyts, and in general, the city, and stick to being what it really is... an amusement park, and they should never puss out to a bunch of residents. If they can't handle the noise, that's their problem. LPS forgot what really got them there in the past, and that's just sad. :(

Edited by T-Rex

You know, to add another coaster that will be more thrilling than the Wild Mouse, why not just get rid of the Tumble Bug and extend the space between the Big Top and Coney Island? I mean surely people are saying that the Tumble Bug is not that much of a good ride anyway.

Edited by T-Rex

• 4 weeks later...

Oh great, LPS really done it again. 3 temporary sucky rides. I just looked up the website not too long ago, and they've shown what rides are coming during this autumn holidays. I've ridden them last year, Hurricane and Wild Chairs, and they're so boring. Crazy Cars is just a Kiddy Ride, so it doesn't count. The Hurricane was decent though. In full honesty, it is exciting. So is the Wild Chairs, but it looks more like a toned-down Yo-yo. The point is, LPS should give out bigger thrills during the holidays. Bring in cooler rides like the Claw, Chaos, or the Rainbow. I know that some of the bigger rides are in the RES, but the ones mentioned above aren't, which is a shame cause they're awesome rides. LPS really disappointed me. I hope they'll do better next holidays.

Edited by T-Rex

Ive given up even going anymore. Even though entry is free .. the rides,food etc are so expensive and not even that great. Its a shame there's really nothing to do in sydney anymore... even the easter show is too expensive. Just wish some developer or whatever will realise one day that sydney is a prime location for a new theme park.. THEY DONT EVEN HAVE TO TRY THAT HARD! there is no competition hahaha But yes LPS is a disappointment to sydney siders.

Ive given up even going anymore. Even though entry is free .. the rides,food etc are so expensive and not even that great. Its a shame there's really nothing to do in sydney anymore... even the easter show is too expensive.
I wouldn't go as far to say that all the rides aren't great. True that the unlimited passes become worthless because of that, but while some of them are sh*tty like Tumblebug, others like Ranger and Flying Saucer do keep riders entertained. Too bad there's only like 2 or 3 good rides, and I only go during holidays because that's when they have extra rides during the time period. Problem is, it's usually 1 or 2 rides, and most of them suck (the Power Surge may be an exception, though). They are either just replicas of the rides LPS already has, or lame variants of good rides (Ali Baba for example being a spectacular failure to the Huss Rainbow). How could LPS mess this up so bad? "Just for fun"? Talk about hypocricy.
Just wish some developer or whatever will realise one day that sydney is a prime location for a new theme park.. THEY DONT EVEN HAVE TO TRY THAT HARD! there is no competition hahaha But yes LPS is a disappointment to sydney siders.
You may be correct about the "no-competition," but this is the reason why the Gold Coast is getting better publicity and tourism, mainly because it's got bigger and better amusement parks. I only want to get to the point, which is that everything in LPS should be better: rides, entertainment, and so on. It seems however that they're trying to appeace the residents. Edited by T-Rex

To make matters worse, the extra rides (holiday rides) seem to be there only to keep LPS from being too repetative with only 10 rides. Henceforth, they're just there to prevent LPS from becoming defunct like Sydney's other parks. It's as if LPS is on life support or something, so it's no wonder why they keep having the same abysmal rides every holidays instead of providing awesome rides.

Edited by T-Rex