WnW 2010: Aqua Loop, Flowrider, Zipline, Skycoaster

Intamin

Hi guys, I just thought it would be interesting to find out peoples opinions on where the Aqualoop will be placed. Some options in the poll might not be even available for the size of the area or landscaping (the hill behind bucanneer bay) but I put them in anyway. Also if you would like me to add another possibility, feel free to ask. Cheers

Edited by joz

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I agree but there would not be enough space unless they go into the carpark. As for different locations, I just saw this on Wet'n'Wild's Facebook

Terror Canyon is closed permanently but may be replaced by a new attraction in the future. We'll keep you posted on any information as it comes to hand.
The only problem with this location would be space requirements.

So both Terror Canyons have closed now? That's a real shame. I personally think they were the best slides in the park. They were also the only slides with any decent theming... the final splashdown was really well done
I agree wholeheartedly GoGoBoy. The Terror Canyon rides were , in my mind also , the best slides in the park and were well positioned, and as you have already stated, very well themed. I must admit to a loss as to why these slides have been removed? They were very popular, still in good condition and the second one offered a unique ride experience to any other slide in the park. I know that the park acquired the "Black Hole" tower, which is essentially the same ride experience(although not as good IMHO) but they could have both quite easily have co-existed. Any one have any answers? Cheers Jobe

Surely they would go up in the H20 zone like the other recent additions. I understand the concept of wanting a new attraction to been seen from the highway but Kamikaze, Tornado, Black Hole etc are visible so there's no reason 4 Aqualoops wouldn't be. Also if they really are planning 4, the footprint needed would be much bigger than anything near the twister, unless they're able to make them all flush with each other.

im gonna say H2o zone. At 17 metres they are a fair height, and i think with four of them you will definately be able to see them from the highway. also, they will fit in up the back theme wise with their 'extreme' ride rating (at least im under the opinion thata they will be an extreme ride) which i think will fit in very nicely up the back with the likes of Kamikaze, tornado and the rest. it seems to fit the trend IMO, all the new extreme rides are going at the back, leaving the more moderate rides such as speedcoaster, aqua racer, twister and the flumes at the front. keeping rides of similar thrill rating in the same area is a good idea i believe, keeps a general theme going, and meaning that if you only like certain thrills (ie you dont like the more extreme rides) your not trekking from one side of the park to the other to ride the rides you want to, rather you can stay in the same area all day.

^Those two out then? It pretty much means WnW has gone full circle, with no original slides remaining.(And Tte wave pool would be the only old attraction remaining) I wouldn't necessarily agree that these slides would be that visible if they were back in the H20 zone. You can see them, but then again most of us know what we are looking for. But If they are in the location of the twister and speedcoaster they will have amazing visual impact. I can just imagine them somehow interlocking the 4 loops (Sort of like the helixes on the Blue Ring Octopus racer) and you'd end up with this completely over the top group of slides. Though, Is anyone else sort of glad that WnW was able to outbid WWW for this. Lets face it, WWW would have only built the one, so the slide would have had long queues for all eternity.

^^^ Agreed Gazza. I am disappointed that twister and speed will depart, as they were quite enjoyable (if not slightly capacity poor) attractions. Considering they both use the same tower, then presumably the Aqualoops will also use it? That height sounds like quite an enjoyable experience. (I wasn't quite sure of the dimensions having only seen pictures without anything to scale it against). Having said that, a lot of these types of slides are a fair bit "old hat" and dated these days, but I always enjoyed those two slides on colder \ rainy days as they tended to harbour the hot air, and it warmed you up quite a bit.

agree gazza, the fact that WnW outbid WWW is a good thing in all ways. WnW are continually updating, adding more rides and distinguishing themselves as the premier water park in Australia, always adding something new that we have never experienced before. Although WWW do have a few rides that WnW dont (the rip/little rippers and aquacoaster), since putting in little rippers we havent seen anything new from WWW, while WnW have added more rides, and are already planning more additions. is it just me or does it seem like WWW just dont want to compete... I also find it rather dissapointing that twister and speedcoaster are being taken out. while they werent the biggest thrills in the park, they were still great fun and im sure will be missed by many people, as will both terror canyons for that matter. lets just hope we hear something sometime in the next 12 months for another new ride besides the aqualoops. hopefully they use the space to their maximum advantage with the new aqualoops, and get the maximum visual impact as Gazza has said.

I personally won't be shedding too many tears over the departure of Speedcoaster. For me the chief benefit of this one was that it took queues away from better attractions. As for Twister, it was a good slide, but I guess the Aqualoops will give the same feeling of shooting through a narrow tube with water spraying in your face. For me the chief benefit of this one was that it gave us a hillarious internet meme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mavV7DJpWI

Edited by Gazza

I'm very sad to hear Speedcoaster will be disappearing... I personally thought it was a really fun slide. I prefer boat/raft slides and this one had some really good momentum. It used to be the old speed slide which they refurbished a few years ago and turned into a new experience. I don't mind the idea of replacing older attractions with newer ones (ie. while expansion is always good sometimes replacing older attractions is more efficient and certainly less costly in the long run for the park) I don't like seeing good attractions being removed. The Terror Canyons and Speedcoaster were my fave slides at the park

Disappointed that the publicity images give the illusion that it s a vertical loop when in fact it looks like 55degrees for the videos i watched on youtube, with the manufacturers name in the search field. Of course I knew nothing about this style of slide until my monthly visit to parkz.

I think that's the genius of the thing. An actual looping slide would be far too dangerous and impractical to have as a water slide. However this model creates the illusion of being a looping slide without actually doing so and bringing with it the associated problems. It's a bit like twister, you look like you go upside down but you don't. And as you're speeding down the tube with water rushing in your face I doubt you will notice that you don't really loop the loop. I think this slide is extremely marketable and will become one of the most talked about attractions our parks have ever introduced. I've always thought a stand up coaster would be the most marketable thrill ride in Australia and I think the same goes for the Aqualoop when it comes to waterslides.

I'm very sad to hear Speedcoaster will be disappearing... I personally thought it was a really fun slide. I prefer boat/raft slides and this one had some really good momentum. It used to be the old speed slide which they refurbished a few years ago and turned into a new experience. I don't mind the idea of replacing older attractions with newer ones (ie. while expansion is always good sometimes replacing older attractions is more efficient and certainly less costly in the long run for the park) I don't like seeing good attractions being removed. The Terror Canyons and Speedcoaster were my fave slides at the park
I agree completely, it's such a shame that they are removing these wonderful slides. I remember going on the Speedcoaster and Terror Canyons as a kid, they were so much fun and provided great memories.... I'm sure they will be missed by many.

I agree completely, it's such a shame that they are removing these wonderful slides. I remember going on the Speedcoaster and Terror Canyons as a kid, they were so much fun and provided great memories.... I'm sure they will be missed by many.
With the removal of these slides the park will suffer from a lack of enclosed tube slides. That will leave Black Hole (and possibly some of the river rapids slides?) as the only enclosed slides in the park. I think that's a shame as I prefer enclosed slides... they would normally form the staple of any decent waterpark

With the removal of these slides the park will suffer from a lack of enclosed tube slides. That will leave Black Hole (and possibly some of the river rapids slides?) as the only enclosed slides in the park. I think that's a shame as I prefer enclosed slides... they would normally form the staple of any decent waterpark
That's right, the enclosed slides are often the best and most popular. I think Terror Canyon was WAY better than Black Hole... The turns and pace of the ride felt more random and drop at the end was way better than Black Hole's splash pool. Edited by TimMc333

I think that's the genius of the thing. An actual looping slide would be far too dangerous and impractical to have as a water slide. However this model creates the illusion of being a looping slide without actually doing so and bringing with it the associated problems. It's a bit like twister, you look like you go upside down but you don't. And as you're speeding down the tube with water rushing in your face I doubt you will notice that you don't really loop the loop. I think this slide is extremely marketable and will become one of the most talked about attractions our parks have ever introduced. I've always thought a stand up coaster would be the most marketable thrill ride in Australia and I think the same goes for the Aqualoop when it comes to waterslides.
Agree 100%, say what you want about the slide, but it clearly has the potential to be a smash hit, and a real icon of the park for years to come....I mean, what could be more outlandish sounding then a slide that does a loop de loop? If they don't hype the crap out of this, and by that I mean going to the extent of Superman Escape and having a dedicated website, tagline ("Can you do the loop?") etc then it is a lost opportunity IMO.

Black Hole and the 2 River Rapids PLUS the 4 new Aqua Loops. It might be a tad dangerous doing a loop on an open air waterslide. Also just out of curiosity, has there been any sort of actual confirmation that Speed Coaster and Twister are being removed?

Also just out of curiosity, has there been any sort of actual confirmation that Speed Coaster and Twister are being removed?
Twister and Speed coaster will be removed and the new slides installed there. I do not believe there are plans to relocate the existing slides.
I think Rappa's confirmation is more than enough to guarantee this is the case.