What's new for 2010

themeparkgc

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the Big 6 do you think will be revamped in 2010?

• Motocoaster
    • Claw
    • Cyclone
    • Giant Drop
    • Tower of Terror
    • Wipeout
  2. 2. What do you think is in store for WWW in 2010?

• Stage 3 Major Expansion
    • Other slide(s)
    • Nothing (again)
  3. 3. Will Movie World's White Christmas Draw the Crowds?

• Yes
    • No

Just an idea, but at Dreamworld on the Giant Drop, couldn't they install a third track, and have another drop ride, or even better, connect them up in a circular fashion? I've seen instances of gondolas going all the way around the tower, what about one that just goes "most" of the way? Would chew through more guests this way.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regarding the new SeaWorld addition, I think one of these Mack "Twist & Splash" tea cup style rides would be fun: http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fulls...nteractive.html Mack makes tea cups interactive Published: 04 January, 2010 Mack Rides has introduced Twist ‘n’ Splash, an interactive, water-based version of its classic tea cup ride. The perfect attraction for parks of all sizes, including waterparks, this spinning ride features multiple new patented features including boats that are able to float free on the water and rotate on their own axes. The water gun system, meanwhile, is the same as used on Mack's other interactive water attractions. The full-sized ride measures 22-metres (82ft) in diameter. Twelve 4 or 6-seater boats carry up to 1,440 passengers per hour. A “mini” (14-metre diameter) version is also available, offering a theoretical hourly capacity of 960. The ride can be built on a steel floor and offers low maintenance and operational costs. The first unit is scheduled to appear at the Pleasure Beach in Blackpool, England, in 2011, but Mack may introduce one before that at Europa-Park in 2010. - Interesting! The more I think about it, could this be SW's new ride too? also check it out on youtube:

Edited by MickeyD

I'm gonna say the opposite, and the ride would rise up and down out of the water. The reason is that it you would be having to pump around 76,000L of water (Assuming its 20cm deep) in and out each cycle. If you wanted to do that in 10 seconds you'd need the pumping requirements of 80 water slides. Obviously though lifting the ride up and down 20cm would be fairly simple...Heaps of rides rise up to operating height.

Edited by Gazza

Looking at hte video, the base is sunk below ground level during operation - so lifting the base to unload would drain the water a lot quicker than pumping it. It wouldn't be hard to sequence the "seacups" so that when the ride stages, all of the doors face outwards. An operator has to unlock the doors, so it would be easy to direct riders to walk around the outside of the ring on the main baseplate. The holes are big, but I am thinking they are smaller than an adult foot and should be able to walk over them without much hassle. It also wouldn't be hard to fit a safety mesh over it to prevent slips and trips.

I think that might mean it just falls under the rules of the building code (As opposed to something like a car park, sewer, tree works etc which have different sets of rules to comply with)
Still, wouldn't a ride/attraction have a separate category again? And commercial structure...maybe a ride but I'm leaning more towards a building. Is it possible that this is just a back of house upgrade for staff only though? Like a new bunch of offices or something? Btw- Where did this information come from?

Still, wouldn't a ride/attraction have a separate category again? And commercial structure...maybe a ride but I'm leaning more towards a building. Is it possible that this is just a back of house upgrade for staff only though? Like a new bunch of offices or something? Btw- Where did this information come from?
They probably don't have a separate category simply because its still a 'building', so the same rules can still apply....Simpler than drawing up a set of regulations that would be rarely used in the scheme of things. For what its worth, Kamikaze at WnW was also categorised as a Miscelaneous Commercial Structure...and pretty much everything else they have lodged for that matter. The info came from at http://pdonline.goldcoast.qld.gov.au You firstly can search for properties by whichever method you prefer (Map, address, applicant etc), and then each property has a list of applications lodged.

I was just going through Timmc's youtube page which then just gave me the idea for either dw or mw: DW-just to keep in tune with their recent theming of things that go "VROOOOMMMMMM!":) and to go with channel 9's recent marketing of "Top Gear" they should make a car coaster but theme it like that, like: your in a car with one of the guys and the stig has done a lap or 2 around this track whitch you must then beat, and so on. and as for MW: since at the end of last year i bought the game stuntman ignition whitch in the special features area has some footage of the taurus world stunt awards and so because of them being a movie making place and stuff, and the stunt peoples in these movies not getting enough recognition as to what like everyone else is they should make like a"stuntman coaster" but make it like your making another movie-but not another batman one or video ride too please! like i think that dukes is a waner film so then make it like that then like you have to make a delivery or win the race or something like that or even make it like an into video to the TWSA like 2 or so years ago when the rock had then hosted the awards the intro video was him showing a reporter around and then a bugulary takes place and then the rock naturally kicks butt then drives the truck containing the awards to safety but crashing through a wall with the truck on its side then dwayne then steps out of the vehicle, just make it like that but the path to the awards or something like that. :)

For those of you who are interested, it's now practically confirmed that the Tower of Terror will become iRIDE 2.0 (well ok, not exactly, hey laugh a little will you). Dreamworld have been so kind to post what appears to be the entire year's maintenance schedule for their rides on their website. I have pulled the following from it.

Tower of Terror late opening 1pm 9 Mar to the 9 Apr, 12 Apr to the 30 Apr. & Tower of Terror 11 June to the 25 June
It is also worth noting that Dreamworld are currently doing better than the Movie World and Sea World in terms of their Annual Maintenance pages, which currently have reasonably out of date information on their pages, unless Movie World is getting in early, and the Corkscrew is coming back to be refurbished into an Exciting New Attraction! ;)