Michael Jackson Themepark

Reanimated35

A MICHAEL Jackson theme park featuring a Thriller rollercoaster is being planned in the singer's hometown. The 100-acre Michael Jackson entertainment complex in Gary, Indiana, will feature a museum, performing arts centre, hotel, golf course and theme park inspired by the pop singer’s Neverland Ranch. The $1 billion project will also feature a carousel, big wheel and bumper cars. Odie Anderson, president of the Jackson family project, told the LA Times work on the theme park is expected to begin sometime this year. The project is said to be constructed over a 10-year period.

I think it's a great idea. Michael had some great concepts when it came to rides and theme parks because he was the boy who never grew up. I'd really like to see them build the neverland park we saw plans for a while ago. And what past history? Unproven allegations? Or his sensational music? I think the response we saw worldwide when he died proved his following was sizeable, and did not put any weight to the claims made by money hungry parents and their "abused" kids. Say what you like about the man - his legacy will inspire millions for years to come, and this park will be a success (although Gary, Indiana is a bit of a weird place for it... even if it is his hometown, he spent the smallest percentage of his life there compared to neverland, etc.)

He was a talentless hack who never deserved all the attention he got
Much rather listen to his music than the alleged "music" that "artists" produce these days, Soulja Boy and LMFAO now there are a few prime examples of "talentless hacks". Same can be said for most other manufactured artists these days, ** looks at Guy Sebastian ** I know I sure don't "like it like that"!

so many ignorant people these days. Michael Jackson created most of what we know today as music. It was ingnorant people like you also that made false allegations, attempted to steal his successes, which ultimately killed him. How about you guys come back when a theme park is made in your name, until then, keep your misguided opinions to yourself.

He was a talentless hack who never deserved all the attention he got, But hey least his dead now so the kids on his street are safe =]
Yeah because that's exactly what he did. Randomly picked up kids off the street. And say what you will, but I don't think anyone could ever honestly agree that Michael Jackson was a talentless hack.

I dunno about anyone else, but I don't see this sort of thing ever getting off the ground, It just sounds too woolly....Almost like a Hard Rock Park with an even weaker base theme...I mean, a 'Thriller' roller coaster, sounds like the sort of idea you'd come up with in 10 seconds. Oh, and there will be a Carousel, big wheel and bumper cars. I guess they really want to pull out the big guns for this $1 Bil project.

Edited by Gazza

The man was a legend in his own time. He is one of the best musicians of all time, and the world had a big hole in its heart when the man sadly passed. Whilst I don't believe he was a bad man, he did have massive psycological issues and had possibly made a few mistakes in his life. However, I see a good man at heart. He had a wonderful voice, and had amazing songs. A theme park made in his honour may seem a little extreme, but the man had been delightfully entertaining the World since he was very young, and gave up sigificant proportions of his life to entertain the world. The man was incredible. He deserves every bit of it.

Agreed. Like the man or not, it was hard not to like his music. Among my many exploits, DJ'ing and events are things I have a lot of experience with. There isn't many gigs i've done where you would play an MJJ song and not have almost everyone on the dancefloor. As for bleaching his skin, the man had Vitiligo. A skin disease which affects pigmentation. How did Michael Jackson's skin turn white? Of course, we have already discussed Vitiligo in the MJ is dead thread, but for those who don't know:

In 1993, Michael Jackson revealed, during an Oprah show, that he had a skin disease that turned his skin white. In 1994, Michael Jackson’s dermatologist Dr.Arnold Klein testified that MJ was diagnosed with vitiligo and lupus in 1984. Vitiligo is considered an autoimmune disease, where the body’s immune cells attack and destroy the coloring pigment melanin bearing cells in the skin.
Agreed Gazza, that the carousel and big wheel are very low-tech additions, however they are some of the attractions Michael enjoyed most at neverland, and so quite fitting to the man. Of course, Thriller is something you could come up with in 10 seconds given the topic (MJ) but a lot of coasters around the world have a similar idea, once the branding is decided (Superman \ Hulk \ Riddler etc). If it gets off the ground, great. If its just a concept that some loyal fans have come up with? Great. If Whitsy responds to this or any other post on this forum, ignore it.

Whether you liked him and thought he was just a little misguided or disliked him and think he was an evil pervert, there has to be a lot of fun in thinking up apt rides for a Whacko Jacko theme park. I'm not as imaginitive as I'd like to be, but surely we can think up rides based on song titles and/or his idiosyncrasies?

Okay - I'll bite:

1. A dark walkthrough attraction called "The way you make me feel"
  2. Duelling coasters called "Black or White"
  3. A coney island mirror maze called "The Man In The Mirror"
  4. A test track style attraction called "She Drives Me Wild"
  5. An accelerator coaster called Speed Demon
  6. A gyroswing called Morphine
  7. A haunted mansion called "is it scary"
  8. A space shot called "Fall again"
  9. Teacups called "This Time Around"
  10. A custom 4D called "Xscape"
  11. a mammoth dual track woodie called "Scream"
  12. An indiana jones style attraction themed to the video clip for "Smooth Criminal"
And these all came from his Discography, and yes, they took me less than 10 seconds each. I'd say there are some good concepts there - and some lame ones - but theres a lot you could take from his music and put into an attraction.

Besides, a Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana park would have done so much better ;) Or maybe Shannon Noll. You could have a Top Thrill Dragster clone themed around a Big Shiny Car, and a corner shop called 'What About Me?' - That's all you'd need. It'd be cheaper and it would rock harder than any MJ park :P

Edited by Gold Coaster

Besides, a Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana park would have done so much better ;) Or maybe Shannon Noll. You could have a Top Thrill Dragster clone themed around a Big Shiny Car, and a corner shop called 'What About Me?' - That's all you'd need. It'd be cheaper and it would rock harder than any MJ park :P
I can just imagine the amount of guys lining up for a ride on the miley coaster :P

... don't know about that but I've always thought Dollywood could partner with the Black-Eyed Peas to do a 'My Humps' slide or flume ride... think about it... you could come out Dolly Parton's head down a near-vertical drop then the...erm... humps part... then splashhhhhhhh! *cough*

Edited by Gold Coaster

Dylaan, wasnt that just supposed to be in the "this is it" concert? and as for whitsy- you are a bouchedag and a total no0b, he gave us some of the greatest music like ever in the pop section, graham has comedy, elvis has i don't now, and mj has pop music, those alligations were never proved but dropped;and i now a 9 yr old that would most likely go on a killing spree if he heard you say that just as i would if you or anyone for that matter called Phoebe tonkin a talentless hack i would just go nutz, so just sit down and shut up. and if you dont like him just leave this thread alone.

Plenty of concrete evidence, rather than circumstance and hearsay? Show me. Old school metal has it's place, but if it was so much better than other genres, why isn't it dominating the record sales \ aria charts? Congratulations Whitsy on using a very unusual word - GENRE. Did they teach that this week in your vocabulary lessons? It's a big word for such a small mind. 50ft Michael with Laser Eyes? Doesn't he belong in the scooby doo spooky coaster to prevent fire???