Dreamworlds Need A Thrill

jdool16

• 2 months later...

Maybe, an inverted shuttle coaster? Like De Ja Vu or something? I don't know if you mean coaster or thrill ride? But the Big 6 are awesome. It's just that I think that the Wipeout needs some lubricating or some more maintenance. I visited Dreamworld today and whilst gazing at this fun ride, I heard a lot of creaking. And another thing that I was surprised to see, was that at it's most intense moment, the slow rotation, it did not complete the spin, instead, it practically bailed out and then spun backwards. Although it did continue flipping moments later. Another thing is, with the Big 6, the Motocoaster is rated as a 'medium thrill' ride, and there are more than 5 other 'top thrill' rides in the park. So therefore, is adding the Motocoaster into the Big 6, simply an advertising scheme? And one last thing, I am Australian, and I don't know too much about De Ja Vu.

Edited by lylefart

Deja Vu is an average coaster - It's rough and your head bangs quite a bit. Dreamworld needs something tried and tested - not an Australian first or some new technology which is not reliable. I would suggest a B&M Floorless, dive or suspended or a Eurofighter would be awesome (eg Saw at Thorpe Park or Rock bottom plunge at Nick Universe). I can confirm that Dreamworld are 'looking' at coasters at this stage also.

Deja Vu is an average coaster - It's rough and your head bangs quite a bit.
QFT
or a Eurofighter would be awesome (eg Saw at Thorpe Park or Rock bottom plunge at Nick Universe)
. Bah. If a park were planning on building some well themed, 100% indoor coaster then I think a Eurofighter would be excellent for that. But other than that, I found both Saw and Rage to be a bit 'gutless'. I mean, they are still passable and fairly fun, but they are no substitute for a full sized looper in my opinion.

I just really want to see something huge, loppy and fast. It has to be a B&M.
This I agree with. With a Vekoma SLC and a Arrow Looper as our countries "big looping" coasters we need something B&M. It will put Dreamworld back on the map again for major coasters and prove that we don't really like head bashing that much on our major loopers and don't want to put up with it as much anymore.

Gazza - Have you rode SAW?
Yes...thats why the photos in the gallery have my name under them ;) Plus, I did say I found both Saw and Rage to be a bit 'gutless' The ride did get bonus points for it's theming...The queue was cool, and the indoor section was on par with the 'pre lift' section on Scooby Doo...The vertical lift and drop was quite good too, but the fact the trains are so small means it just doesn't pace well through the main part of the circuit, and the forces aren't that strong.

How about these contending coasters: •A linear synchronous motor-launched steel complete-circuit coaster (Maverick) •A hydraulic launch rocket coaster (Kingda Ka) •A high speed giga coaster (Millenium Force) •A suspended looping coaster (Lethal Weapon) •A suspended shuttle coaster (De Ja Vu)

Okay I swear that post is De Ja Vu that saw the same one somewhere but I'm to tired to bothered if its yes or no. The last two well the suspended looping... we already have something similiar... I want something that's fun but different would be cool... and LW is very rough so if it was Vekoma obviously their new track and train would have to be in order and different layout offering a different experience to LW, B&M inverted I'm up for but still the average Joe would need a noticable difference or they would think copy of LW afterall thats from what I gather is most people reaction to WWW, not that WWW isn't bad and in its own is different but most general public I know don't see much difference... but yea a cobra roll, for me, would have to be on the B&M. A Maverick ride would be awesome so would a Millenium Force... what you need to look at is our parks have never spent over 20mil on their rides... these might be to ambitious 21milUS for Maverick which would cost us more and 25mil for Millenium unless they go all out I don't see us going that big... maybe samller versions but not the full size and TTD or King Da Ka well its one trick pony and real expensive if we had that I'd expect it to do something like SE or Xcelerator after the top hat and besides SE does it one a smaller scale GD goes nearly as tall as it and although its completely different and I've never been on TTD or King Da Ka but you go high and fast on TOT sooooo yea.... But hey we can dream can't we? My dream I would love to see a B&M Flying or floorless dive! :) Oh yea and the whole front page of Parkz on latest forum updates is all DW topics :P

Edited by Original