movie world parade

jakeman398

What has happened to the parade lately? It used to be amazing back just after Space Jam came out, but now Austin Powers leads the parade and the other day every other character was in a car (excluding Shrek)! I walked around to the smoking area at wild west and you can clearly see the Penguin"s old float, Mr. freeze's and Scooby Doo's. There are also a lot less characters than usual, there hasn't been Fiona, donkey or puss in boots and even cat woman wasn't there last week! Below are some images of what the parade used to be like. oh and just a quick question when was the last photo at movie world?

post-2435-1264745317_thumb.jpg

post-2435-1264745340_thumb.jpg

post-2435-1264745380_thumb.jpg

post-2435-1264745416_thumb.jpg

post-2435-1264745452_thumb.jpg

post-2435-1264745480_thumb.jpg

post-2435-1264745527_thumb.jpg

post-2435-1264745590_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the parade being entertaining up until about 2005. Since then it has gone downhill. I had a quick look here (screenshot below) and a lot of the floats from 2000 onwards are still there. As you pointed out there's the castle, film roll, Mr Freeze's float, the Scooby Scene, Train with cage trailer and two unidentified floats. post-2117-1264747072_thumb.png I've attached a couple of photos from previous parades. post-2117-1264747104_thumb.jpgpost-2117-1264747164_thumb.jpg The last photo was of part of the original Studio Tour / Special Effects Show and was definitely taken before 2005 when SE was built. I think I saw the Riddler scene sometime around 2000.

great photos! there are more floats in the warehouse i also have some more parade float photos including one's of wil.e coyote on a rocket and several images of the parade that celebrated movie worlds first birthday! if anyone wants to see them i would be happy to share :) i reckon to 'jazz up' Austin's cart they should add some platforms ( i.e. trailer) for two dancers to go on but they still need more characters. Even if people don't know who the characters are it would still be better, the other day a foreigner thought Marilyn was Snow white or Cinderella oh, where was the riddler's show?

I would have to agree that the S&E department and Parades is no were near as good as it once was i remember back in the day when scooby doo came out and they had the ghost flying over main street with Daphne those parade for 2004/2005 back were deff the best. As for the riddles scene was part of the old studio tour back in the day when the trams were operational.

i'll upload heaps of photos on monday.... back before superman escape ruined everything -_- wonder why they don't bother using the old floats they look better and the old routines were much more entertaining p.s if anyone else has photos prior to 2005 i would be thrilled to see them oh and is there any reason why the maverick show set is still there because the looney tunes set doesn't look like it's going anywhere soon... ?

wow.. some great news i was just looking at photo's on the internet and stumbled upon a gallery of many movie world attractions from 2000 and that includes the '2000 parade'... http://www.pbase.com/shutong/gcmw and i have now only just found out that all these years i have had an album of photos of movie worlds opening in my garage!!!! will be posting them within the month. :lol: and just looking at the birds eye view of the parade floats i have noticed one of the unidentified floats to be in a photo i saw not long ago but i still don't know what it is. :unsure:

post-2435-1264916759_thumb.jpg

wow.. some great news i was just looking at photo's on the internet and stumbled upon a gallery of many movie world attractions from 2000 and that includes the '2000 parade'... http://www.pbase.com/shutong/gcmw
Wow, thanks for posting this! I had forgotten what it looked like all those years ago.... I can't believe how different main street looks now.

and i have now only just found out that all these years i have had an album of photos of movie worlds opening in my garage!!!! will be posting them within the month. :lol:
I'm looking forward to these photos. You've got less that 7 hours to do it though. :P . If you have a lot of photos you could maybe consider getting a negative scanner cheap. I've got one that works good on XP but not Vista / 7 :angry:. The other photos I've posted above have been transferred using it to give you an idea of the quality.

thanks, i bought one of those for my grandparents at Christmas must steal it back :ph34r: Does anybody have a single photo of a float that hasn't been shown here already it would be great to see. If i get everyone's permission i may put all the photos in a gallery on 'Flickr', that would most likely be my aim, then i should shove it in Movie World's face and let them see how great the park used to be... :o bahaha jake

• 3 months later...

There was a huge set back with the photos, they are in one of about 50 photo albums I have and are in storage in NSW, which makes them hard to find. I have never seen them either, but am longing to. I am at school still and have little spare time, so I will try my hardest to follow up. Sorry for the long wait. Does any one wish to see some photos I found of a night parade at movie world? Thanks, Jake.

Edited by jakeman398

I agree... The parade with the flyover by Daphne and Batman was by far one of the better parades... I believe Neo also used to use it at the end of the Matrix Street Show. From discussions with Robyn and Diane (old PASS cast members who used to do the Daphne flyover), they said that it was removed as the cast complained that they did not feel safe while clipping in to the harness on the scaffolding above Daily Planet and management refused to put up a more permanent setup and so it was removed entirely.

• 2 weeks later...