movie world parade

jakeman398

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I didn't feel like making a new topic for this.... but MW had their DC parade, now they've got the Halloween nights and soon the White Christmas? (was that what it was called?) Anyway so they seem to be getting more into doing things after the park normal operating hours.... which is great for everyone, finally extending operating hours. Anyway I just saw what Disney have done at their DCA park and I know we don't have the Disney Budget but I think something like this would be great for the summer period keep the rides going and light the park up! Anyway here's the link to it: http://www.westcoaster.net/updates.php?upd...1210&page=1

• 2 months later...

Its just a themed parade for the Summer Holiday period. The park is building a large stock of floats which allows them to vary the parade and provide dfferent offerings. This keeps things interesting and encourages all those VIP pass holders to keep coming back.

I meant why is it DC, Gazza, not why isn't it Christmas...
But the day time parade retained the DC stuff after the actual "DC 25th Anniversary" holiday night events had finished anyway. Timeline... DC Night Parade > DC Day Parade > Christmas Parade > DC Day Parade. Edited by Gazza

• 8 months later...

Bit of topic as well but if I am not mistaken these are some of the old parade floats. There is Mr Freezes Truck, Yosimite Sam Tractor and some other ones. I think the building is the float Workshop/Warehouse There is also the taxi that is normally parked on main street. Scooby Van when it was not included in the show for a while Police Cars Tumbler Floats.bmp Taxi.bmp Scooby.bmp Police.bmp Tumbler.bmp

It looks like there will be some special parade for the September school holidays this year. It says so on the VIP Pass page for Movieworld http://myfun.com.au/big3/Movie-world.aspx :

Celebrate our 20th birthday with us during a special parade for the school holidays!

Sounds interesting, but I wish there was more info about it :/ Obviously it's not that major considering it's only mentioned very briefly on their ticketing website. It's not even mentioned in the latest news section on the movieworld main website. Their lack of advertising is a little concerning, especially being 2 weeks until the holidays start, and with Dreamworld raring to go with the opening of Buzzsaw. A parade might not be huge, but Movieworld have nothing atm to go up against dw's new ride. Fingers crossed they have a good social media/advertising campaign up their sleeves for the new coaster. Not just 2 months before...the hype machine should start now for the new ride. Considering a good portion of the parks customers come from interstate, give them something to look forward to now, so they have the time to pre-book tickets, flights, accommodation, ect. Edited by Luke

unbiassed? seriously? Are you telling me you had absolutely NOTHING to do with it this time around? i've seen your zombie-coffee-zaraffas updates... you're pulling major hours on something... the question is whether its the parade, fright nights, or the show changes to AOS?