What's going on at Wonderland?

Shaun

I'm new this whole writing on the forum thing, but i'v been watching and putting some thought into this whole Wonderland "thing". Personally I hope Wonderland get off their arses and start building some effective rides, or maybe just something new to put the thrill back into going to Wonderland. I was there on friday with some friends of mine, and I have to say I can't remember the park being so busy!!!!!! There were heaps of people and the que time for the rides was so annoying (and boring :rolleyes: )! The Space Probe wait was about 30-45mins, The Deamon 20-30min, The Bush Beast was a good 45mins, and the River Rapids was about a hour! It was so strange, because really can't remember having to que for a ride in Wonderland, exept in the middle of the Summer Hols. I also managed to speak with one of the staff members aswell. I asked him about the closure of Little Wonders Land, and he said that, he heard that Wonderland is apparently going to build some huge ride/attraction over there or big buildings. I dont really see the point in buildings. WOW! Anyways, he also said that they are going to relocate most of the kiddie rides right through out the whole park. I also asked him about the Marvel Comics contract and he said that it is true and that we will be expecting the characters to appear in the park. I'v also got some photo's that I took through out the park, I'v added a specific photo showing a huge area that is cleared behind the River Rapids, could be a area for new coaster. I have another photo showing the construction of a name board, could anyone elaborate on that.%7Boption%7D

You'll have to have your photos online somewhere (ie you'll have to have uploaded them to some webspace somewhere) in order to link them into your post. I want to get a system to upload pictures into these forums, to make things much much easier. (But I'm me, so don't hold your breath :D) With regards to your comment that a staff member said that they may use the Little Wonders Land space for buildings. This sounds about right. Wonderland Sydney had plans for the 'Wonderland Business Park', which is expected to be built within the next few years. It is to provide businesses or people seeking facilities for conferences, or perhaps conventions, with a unique place to do this. When I first heard about this, I figured it may go at the Hanna-Barbera Land end of the park (before Little Wonders Land, and before it closed). I find it great to hear that Wonderland was packed with people (though not for you, as you said - and I know exactly what you mean with that). Wonderland Sydney have been working tirelessly for the past year or so rethinking everything they do, to bring back the faith of Sydneyers which was lost in the 90's.

And in similar news, Wonderland Sydney was the winner of the Major Tourist Attraction during the 2002 New South Wales Tourism Awards for Business Excellence. 'Upon receiving the award Stephen Galbraith CEO of Wonderland Sydney said,“Having weathered such turbulent times over the past few years in the tourism industry, winning this award is a true testament to the whole team, overcoming these adversities. Our staff are the strength and backbone of our business, they should be congratulated.” ' Wonderland Sydney now goes onto the National Awards.... This is another sign pointing to brighter times to come......good on them....

Hello firstly im new yay and this is my first post Anyways back onto the topic. Yes Wonderland is recieving alot of good things about the park lately and i can tell you after being a wonderpass holder and very regular visitor that wonderland has picked up their act tremedously. The park is beautiful and green the staff are really friendly and with advertising and all this the park is at the moment in my opinion the best in australia. So keep up the good work wonderland it is paying off.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's to hoping! Maybe the Marvel deal combined with past rumours that appear were very close to coming true, brings us something memorable from Wonderland. 2002 - Most Improved award goes by a long shot to Wonderland Sydney for their fantastic efforts at bringing back the faith to the Sydneyers. I can't think of a single other Australian park - or very many international for that matter, that would rise to such a challenge - and come off at the top as Wonderland has done so in the past two or three years.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok it's 2003 , time for an update ... Wonderland is still here so i guess the rumor of closure was wrong. New ride ..... not yet the cleared land is for bushfire prevention 2002 New South Wales Tourism Award .... good for the park but wheres the competition ? Marvel Comics ..... Positive move it's a 3 year deal , the spiderman show is running late but it is coming to the former action arena. 1hr wait for Snowy ,if it wasn't xmas holidays you were there for CFMEU picnic day Wonderland Business Park ... Coles is building soon lfet of Wonderland driveway national fruit and veg distribution centre to be in operation by October 2003 Seems Wonderfull things can happen at Wonderland !