SeaWorld recreating

Reanimated35

I am keen to do a SeaWorld and Wet N Wild World after I finish WBMW but that will take a couple of months. My suggestion is to study the aerial maps and plans of the park first and figure out the paths and buildings in size order ie the smallest to biggest to ensure you get the park and buildings to scale. It's a lot harder and more time consuming than you think ie my WBMW has taken 40 hrs already and will require another 60 to complete. After you have done a rough scale and size plan of the park start to lay it out and ensure you get the terain heights right before you start building as raising and lowering the land is harder with buildngs on it. Seaworld won't have to many varring heights, just need to get the pools and lakes acurate and go from there. I do the park to scale first then build the buildings in grey once I have them in their correct locations then I start to fill I the detail and get colors and windows and doors to scale. Also have two park files ie when you save you park save it twice call the second park backup SeaWorld I've lost, crashed and frozen my WBMW 4 times already and had to start from the last backup file so it's really important to do this always to ensure you have a copy so if you lose or game crashes you won't lose all your work and have to start again. If you need any help or advise just ask. Cheers and good luck :-)

Edited by Brendan

At the risk of stating the obvious, be sure to keep a written list of the scenery packs you use. It's too easy to forget to maintain that & then when it comes time to releasing the park, you're not quite sure which of 50 sets contained that slightly less than generic tile or wall :P I too would be keen to assist.

Edited by Gold Coaster

Alright, now that I'm back in Brisbane I am going to make an attempt at doing this SeaWorld park. Before I start, does anyone know the name of the custom scenery which is a station modification which has gate kind of things like an actual park to seperate the loading of each individual car (hope that makes sense) EDIT: found the loading this i was after Also, does anyone want to help with the land layout? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by reanimated35

Alright, I'm trying to work out the land for the park but it's been a while since I've been there and cant remember, in the carpark you walk up to the entry gate. Then you walk down again as you pass the seating for the show... but once you're down there, do you ever walk back up a hill towards the resort? If so, where? Also anyone who is interested in helping please let me know so we can get started better

The only real elevation change I can think of is between the west side of the park and the east side. The west side is at a higher level, and the flume splashdown, Bermuda lagoon, Jet Rescue and Sea Viper area is set at a lower level. The bridge with turrets across to Sea Viper sits at the higher level. My advice would be to check out the imagery on nearmap, it is the most recent, and is very high resolution so you can often pick out when paths pass under others. http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.957178,153....mp;nmd=20091111

Edited by Gazza

Send me what ya got and I'll help you out with what you need. I got about 1/3 of the way through my own SW recreation a little while back (with a few pics of the work in progress here). Sadly I lost interest after this stage since there was so much cleaning of the park to do, and the effects in Bermuda couldn't be recreated satisfactorly so that zapped some of my energy. But now Bermuda has no effects and someone else wants to do the nitty gritty I'll help ya out. The above park is of no use though since I lost it when my hard drive died a painful death. Also, if you haven't done this already, be sure to grab DasMatze's Parkjet monorail, which is the monorail the game should have come with. I've included a shot of it in my current park: post-6-1266463963_thumb.jpg

..snip..
^ Love the help, but I also hate you for showing me that map :P I was working off the park map because using google or that one didnt cross my mind, so now I have to start again since I can see a better map. Lol. At least all I had done was draw a dodgy outline of things by changing the land colour Joz, I'm going to attempt to draw out the layout in game and I'll send that to you to see if it needs a touch-up. Might have a quick crack at the SeaViper too. I managed to make it in RCT1 & 2 just by memory Edited by reanimated35