What's Dreamworld doing to the old Log Ride?

Suhan

I'd imagine the drop will just be getting a straight replacement, not a steeper drop or anything like that.

www worker I may be mistaken, but wasn't the hill replaced last year?
Not sure, I don't recall any discussion about a complete replacement of the main drop, however I do recall seeing the first hill and subsequent drop replaced the same year that The Claw was installed (which was what, 2004?).

So if Log ride makes the #2 spot in the popularity stakes then what is the average DW patron expecting from their experience of the place? Last time I went on the log ride, the scariest part of it was the REAL spiders that could potentially drop on me as I floated on through the caves, tunnels and rusty sheds.

Edited by MickeyD

Last time I went on the log ride the scariest part of it was the REAL spiders that could potentially drop on me as i floated on through;)
Haha that's hysterical... I hate spiders!! I'm very surprised to hear they are going to all this trouble considering their recent policy of just closing any old ride that needs any significant maintenance. Very glad they are keeping the log considering they don't really have enough rides anymore as it is and especially not enough water rides

Aw, no Rocky Hollow Log Ride love here? Maybe I'm the minority on the site but I actually quite like the ride, good old rustic themeing, been there since the park opened, bit of a classic to me. It's one of those things that makes Dreamworld the place it is, along with the train, Imax theater or rapids ride. Doesn't surprise me if the log ride did has the highest ridership, it's got a decent capacity relative to allot of the stuff at DW and appeals to people right across the age groups.

Edited by joz

Aw, no Rocky Hollow Log Ride love here? Maybe I'm the minority on the site but I actually quite like the ride, good old rustic themeing, been there since the park opened, bit of a classic to me. It's one of those things that makes Dreamworld the place it is, along with the train, Imax theater or rapids ride. Doesn't surprise me if the log ride did has the highest ridership, it's got a decent capacity relative to allot of the stuff at DW and appeals to people right across the age groups.
I completely agree. I personally really enjoy the log ride and definitely think it help makes Dreamworld what it is. It's really important to have these sorts of classic rides in the park that appeal to everyone. I think that with the removal of the mine ride it's more important than ever that Dreamworld saves what they've got left