Ardents latest: Illuminate & The Wedgie

GoGoBoy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cross your arms and peer over the spectators five storeys below. As the trap door triggers, you plummet down the translucent pipe and through a human sized half coil before smashing into the splash down pool below. There the classic Aussie Cossie braking system kicks in and you realise you’ve been “Wedgied by WhiteWater Worl
Translucent doesn't mean transparent....It just means a material that lets light through. It will just be like the last turns on Supertubes, where you can see a shadow of people going through, and that's it. The Aqualoop at WnW on the otherhand:
Meanwhile, Warner Village Theme Parks spokesman Bob White said his company would also be opening a new water ride at Wet'n'Wild in September -- the Aqua Loop. People will be released, trap-door style, into four see-through waterslides on the multimillion-dollar attraction.
WVTP will have the see through ones....because they are awesome :P
And also won't this orange colour make the slide blend in with the Hydrocoaster which it will be passing under
It's looks different enough...I'd say its yellow rather than orange (Makes sense as a colour choice since the park doesn't have large yellow slide yet) post-88-1268299692_thumb.jpg

One positive thing I have to say (rare for me I know) is that it is great to see Dreamworld actually releasing these construction photos, especially after we have been advocating for this for years now. Obviously it is something overseas parks do well. It certainly helps to build the excitement and DW probably feel they now have something they can use to facilitate this (ie. facebook). It is interesting to see just how many 'likes' and positive comments they got the moment they posted the photos. Although it has confirmed for me that their attempt to obtain Australia's first looping slide has backfired. There are so many people who are still expecting that this will be a full looping slide, judging by the comments. A lot of people are going to be disappointed when they realise it is just a standard loop and does not go 'upside down'

Good to see that according to Dreamworld's definition of a loop, the article on this site was accurate :) That's really disappointing that they are calling it a looping water slide. Despite it being a rather uninspired addition, there are so many genuinely good things to say about it. I mean it is Australia's first trap door water slide, and Australia's first 'next generation' speed slide. Surely there's enough there for a marketing person to work with, but no, it has to be advertised as something it's not, just to annoy people. Good work Ardent!

Good to see that according to Dreamworld's definition of a loop, the article on this site was accurate :) That's really disappointing that they are calling it a looping water slide. Despite it being a rather uninspired addition, there are so many genuinely good things to say about it. I mean it is Australia's first trap door water slide, and Australia's first 'next generation' speed slide. Surely there's enough there for a marketing person to work with, but no, it has to be advertised as something it's not, just to annoy people. Good work Ardent!
Hmmmm
http://www.parkz.com.au/article/2005/12/22...tion-.html']While other theme parks simply purchase rides, Warner Bros. Movie World really adds to the experience by immersing the rider in a themed story which enhances the exciting ride sensations like no other
Notice how MW took a subtle dig at DW when Superman opened....Lets Reword this for when Aqualoop opens...
While other theme parks have simply built water slides with downhill horizontal loops, Wet n Wild has really pushed the limits, with not one, but four watersides with gravity defying uphill loops, providing exciting ride sensations like no other.

And don't question Dreamworld about them callling it a loop, They just delete your post on facebook.
Well, Facebook is pretty much a marketing tool, if I were DW PR I'd delete comments that didn't fit with the 'message' I was trying to get out as well. While one could argue that it's misleading advertising, I wouldn't encourage people to post negative things on the park's facebook. Afterall Dreamworld's facebook group is, on balance, pretty damn good. It'd be a shame if they were to back away from releasing more stuff online because of the negative reaction that goes with whatever they do. Or what would be even worse, is if they went the VRTPs route of just using soulless PR talk instead of doing anything with personality. A good example of that:
Jason: Surely there's a mistake in the maintenance schedule. Why shut down 3/4 coasters at the same time?
Warner Bros. Movie World - Gold Coast, Australia: Our Tech Services team always strive to ensure rides and attractions are maintained with minimum disruption to our guests. We aim to only have one major attraction closed at a time. You can check out the schedule here - http://movieworld.myfun.com.au/Attractions-Maintenance.htm
Jason: So, yes we made a mistake but have since fixed it :P
BTW, I was amused to see someone post my quote from above on DWs facebook page. That's not a negative comment, that's an in joke :D

Well, Facebook is pretty much a marketing tool, if I were DW PR I'd delete comments that didn't fit with the 'message' I was trying to get out as well. While one could argue that it's misleading advertising, I wouldn't encourage people to post negative things on the park's facebook. Afterall Dreamworld's facebook group is, on balance, pretty damn good. It'd be a shame if they were to back away from releasing more stuff online because of the negative reaction that goes with whatever they do. Or what would be even worse, is if they went the VRTPs route of just using soulless PR talk instead of doing anything with personality. A good example of that: BTW, I was amused to see someone post my quote from above on DWs facebook page. That's not a negative comment, that's an in joke :D
I agree with you. I just think Dreamworld miss the mark again when it comes to marketing. I took my son to Dreamworld, to see the Star Wars parade, the other weekend. There was more staff on the sidelines then there were guest. When the staff came out, just before it started, from the middle gates to control the crowds, I heard them saying man is this it. At first there were more staff then guest lined up. A lot of guests eventually stopped to see what was going on but most people did not even know about the event. I thought it was a great event and I heard guest talking positively about it but most of them were saying they did not know it was on. Ok some photos from the day. post-1321-1268432914_thumb.jpgpost-1321-1268433071_thumb.jpg post-1321-1268433199_thumb.jpgpost-1321-1268433266_thumb.jpg[ attachment=2447:Storm_Troopers_079.JPG]post-1321-1268433407_thumb.jpg

post-1321-1268433352_thumb.jpg

It'd be a shame if they were to back away from releasing more stuff online because of the negative reaction that goes with whatever they do.
Agreed, especially considering that, this on the whole is a decent choice for the park anyway. A high speed body slide is something I have wanted to see at WWW, and until now the original stage 2 plans weren't going to address that. Edited by Gazza

I have to say I am really impressed with Dreamworld's Facebook gallery update of the Wedgie's construction. A large number of shots showing different views - seems more like the work of a park fan than an official marketing tool. Very nice work on Dreamworld's part. PS I also like the sign graphic - kids will love it... definitely keeping in with the theme

Dreamworld has started broadcasting a new series of videos titled the Dreamworld Insider via their Facebook and YouTube accounts. The videos' sole purpose is to advertise and promote their latest rides. Videos have been released on Illuminate and the Wedgie but don't include any new information. I've included 3 videos in my post. The first two from YouTube and the third from Facebook (because it isn't on YouTube yet). Dreamworld Insider's introductory video; Illuminate; Wedgie.

The marketing for the Wedgie and Illuminate is really starting to ramp up with more info added to the respective park websites and 2 new commercials being released - http://www.whitewaterworld.com.au/Rides/The-Wedgie.aspx and http://www.dreamworld.com.au/Attractions/I...Illuminate.aspx It's good to see WhiteWater World putting full marketing effort into its new attraction (even if it is only one new waterslide). I also think it's smart of them to incorporate the $59 sale pass into the promo - considering how they have been absolutely hammered by the Village parks discounting recently